Poll

Which album do you rock with more?

Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
22 (73.3%)
BG Knoccout & Dresta - Real Brothas
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas  (Read 1775 times)

smp4life

Re: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
They are both good G-funk albums. Dogg Food is overrated and Real Brothas is underrated. I think real brothas suffered from a lack of Eazy E with his recent passing and being on a label (Def Jam) which didn't know how to promote a west coast album properly. The production was tight as hell as well but from producers that lacked any star power.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 04:45:20 PM »
Both albums could have been better

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

...and that's just the opening track

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 05:47:53 PM »
Both albums could have been better

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

...and that's just the opening track

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

Come on homie.. I respect your opinions on music from your other posts... but your telling me "Let's Play House", "I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid", "Reality", "A Doggz Day Afternoon".. is filler?  Listen to how Kurupt is spittin on Doggz Day Afternoon, how is that filler?  Even Nate comes through and does his thing...  Every song on Dogg Food is fire, there is no filler.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »
Dogg food was far from flawless

is it a classic? hell yes but there were some songs that were simply good and not great.  and let's not act like the album is on par with All Eyez, Chronic or Doggystyle.  and of course Makaveli.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »
Dogg food was far from flawless

is it a classic? hell yes but there were some songs that were simply good and not great.  and let's not act like the album is on par with All Eyez, Chronic or Doggystyle.  and of course Makaveli.

it's certainly on par with all those albums.  The only difference is that Daz and Kurupt are not superstars like Snoop is.  Daz and Kurupt are like the homies, and Snoop is the superstar.  And then Pac is a larger than life legend of mythical proportions
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
part of being on par with those albums is having the impact they had

dogg food didn't sell nearly as much and none of the songs are known outside of the average hip hop head

gin and juice?  california love?  everyone knows these songs

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
part of being on par with those albums is having the impact they had

dogg food didn't sell nearly as much and none of the songs are known outside of the average hip hop head

gin and juice?  california love?  everyone knows these songs
wtf ? dogg food went triple platinum regardless.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
and all eyez  on me sold three times as many copies.

each single disc on AEOM is better than dogg food.  this is fact.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »
and all eyez  on me sold three times as many copies.

each single disc on AEOM is better than dogg food.  this is fact.
of course it sold more it was pushed more. if dogg food was pushed more it could've sold just as much and dogg food is up to par wit all eyez on me.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 08:00:20 PM »
real brothas is a classic and is up there wit the best of them. the production was tight and lyrically they were g'd up for rea,l these niggas woulda went gold or platinum if eazy was alive then. they was throwin' blows at tha dogg pound and it woulda been ill if eazy had got the chance to add his verse to dpg killa.  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »
all eyez on me had 7 songs that could qualify as a single

"let's play house" would be a filler song on AEOM.  "got my mind made up" would have been the best song on Dogg Food, easily with Kurupt's best verse.

Game-Won

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »
DOGG FOOD

BUT YEA, EVERY1 SHOULD OWN "REAL BROTHAS"..SHAME IF UV NEVER HEARD IT TIL NOW

I disagree i had the album.
When i fould out half of the goup was a bitch ass pedofile i throw out - motherfuck  a pedo man and hos botch ass fans.

Anyways Doggfood is the shit! That has only grown on me along the years
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »
DOGG FOOD

BUT YEA, EVERY1 SHOULD OWN "REAL BROTHAS"..SHAME IF UV NEVER HEARD IT TIL NOW

I disagree i had the album.
When i fould out half of the goup was a bitch ass pedofile i throw out - motherfuck  a pedo man and hos botch ass fans.

Anyways Doggfood is the shit! That has only grown on me along the years

1-just beacuse someone is a pedo doesn't mean they can't rap

2-i'll listen to Albert Fish if he can drop a sick 16 bars

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:47 PM »
 ???  ??? Hold up tho...didn't somebody that knew kurupt say that kurupt was pedo that's why he went back to philly??

Idk why these rappers I listen to become pedos...I just dnt wanna delete all my kurupt songs tho  :-\  :-\
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
???  ??? Hold up tho...didn't somebody that knew kurupt say that kurupt was pedo that's why he went back to philly??

Idk why these rappers I listen to become pedos...I just dnt wanna delete all my kurupt songs tho  :-\  :-\

LMAO    stop making up lame shit