Poll

Which album do you rock with more?

Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
22 (73.3%)
BG Knoccout & Dresta - Real Brothas
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas  (Read 1736 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »
we all just skim through the same albums weve been bumping for years hahaha. remember this is the guy ho said damian marley is a top 5 all time rapper

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:16 PM »
we all just skim through the same albums weve been bumping for years hahaha. remember this is the guy ho said damian marley is a top 5 all time rapper

LMAO  infinite said that?????

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
I never heard DOGG FOOD.  Too much of a Ruthless Fan to even touch that CD.
REAL BROTHAS is what im down with.

Okka

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:15 AM »
I'm goin' with "Dogg Food". "Real Brothas" is an underrated classic for sure though. I love both albums.

You can't be serious? One of my homeboys used to diss Eazy and not listen to him cause of the old beef with Dre and Snoop, and to honest, that's just fuckin pathetic.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »
???  ??? Hold up tho...didn't somebody that knew kurupt say that kurupt was pedo that's why he went back to philly??

Idk why these rappers I listen to become pedos...I just dnt wanna delete all my kurupt songs tho  :-\  :-\

LMAO    stop making up lame shit

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=307120.msg2981172#msg2981172
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Okka

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 01:32:40 AM »
Actually Daz said that same shit too when they were beefin' with Kurupt. You never know though, just like with Dre'sta. The girl claimed she was older than she really was.

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 09:57:32 AM »
I'm goin' with "Dogg Food". "Real Brothas" is an underrated classic for sure though. I love both albums.

You can't be serious? One of my homeboys used to diss Eazy and not listen to him cause of the old beef with Dre and Snoop, and to honest, that's just fuckin pathetic.
i was always rollin wit da row and tha pound, just because thats the music i started with and still i am a huge dpgc fan. but i also liked eazy e and ruthless alot and still own all eazy releases plus real brothas.

@topic, if i have to decide i would go with dogg food. but both albums are pretty close. classics without a doubt.

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
Both albums could have been better

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

...and that's just the opening track

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

now u trippin

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »
Dogg food was far from flawless

is it a classic? hell yes but there were some songs that were simply good and not great.  and let's not act like the album is on par with All Eyez, Chronic or Doggystyle.  and of course Makaveli.

dogg food is easily on par wit those albums

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
DOGG FOOD

BUT YEA, EVERY1 SHOULD OWN "REAL BROTHAS"..SHAME IF UV NEVER HEARD IT TIL NOW

I disagree i had the album.
When i fould out half of the goup was a bitch ass pedofile i throw out - motherfuck  a pedo man and hos botch ass fans.

Anyways Doggfood is the shit! That has only grown on me along the years

don't be soft, homie....go bump some sicx n get back 2 us

bouli77

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »
I gotta go with Dogg Food, although Real Brothas is a true classic as well, the chemistry between KO & Dresta is just pure madness  8) and the production is top notch. ima go bump 50 50 luv right now  8)

i'd say Dogg Food is on par with Doggystyle and The Chronic and even better than AEOM which isn't my favorite Pac album, but that's just my personal preference, I can understand people not really diggin Dogg Food although I think Dre's ghostproduction makes the beats hard hitting and crisp as hell and Daz was in his prime both as a producer and an MC. and Kurupt was just on another level, it's a shame he was never able to reproduce such lyrical prowess on a steady basis after that.

Respect, Cyco Lic No, I Don't Like To Dream about Gettin Paid, Cyco Lic No, Doggz Day Afternoon compete with most songs on The Chronic & Doggystyle IMO.

Blood$

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
respect to all posting in here this is a solid discussion taking place  8)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
Both albums could have been better

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

...and that's just the opening track

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

now u trippin

dogg food, safe + sound, all eyez on me, chornic 2001, chronic, hell they're as flawless as it gets. tell me have you ever heard or seen albums like those that were so iconic? so smooth? hell they got everybody gangbanging in the 90s and early 00s.

shit was literally a different world back then, couldnt go anywhere wearing one of these things or any combination (cortez, khakis, chucks, any classic sneaker, any button up, any blank T-shirt, etc etc) without rolling deep or carrying some kind of weapon.

its crazy how the herd mentality was back in the day in LA,  its kind of crazy if you reflect back on it now. it was seriously on some Hitler-esque shit with how many people we're per say 'brain-washed' or just really caught up into all that shit. foos were going around shooting, stabbing, jumping, robbing, just to be down or get their name up. hell, shit load of places in the valley now used to be pretty much places where u could of got caught slippin.

i guess we're more "civilized", it was pretty surreal considering its very calm compared to the past.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.