1 (5%)
Searchin
0 (0%)
Back Stabber
2 (10%)
Jealousy Woes 2
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Eminem "Infinite" appreciation thread  (Read 1299 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Eminem "Infinite" appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »
yeah, lines like "suck my dick on the couch so i can cushion the blow" are so clever  ::)

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »
this shit sounds like borderline suicidal music though.

and that's what makes it amazing for where Em was at when he was 24 or whatever

Em was at his prime from 96 to about 02 or so     not that he's still not capable of a dope verse but his work proves that he's been past his peak about a dozen years.

How did you come up with this conclusion? You think he's like an athlete where it's easy to tell when a guy is past his best, based on age and performance while competing? You might have liked his earlier shit much more than you do now but to say he was then the best then and not now, really isn't accurate. I don't even know how you can prove that because the dude continues to spit FIRE. I believe he is better now than he was back then. He might have had CLASSIC albums back then but in terms of just MC SKILLS, he's still ridiculous. He's probably better now with much more experience, knowledge and practice.

hunger factors into charism, and charisma is where greatness comes from

Exactly. Go through your list of favorite rappers, guarantee the majority of them were better towards the beginning of their career than they are now.
Em is the exception though. He never lost "hunger". Not sure how much you guys follow him but the dude is as dedicated as the first day. Like I said, people need to make the distinction between CLASSIC albums and where he stands as an MC in terms of SKILL. An opinion is not a FACT. You guy are giving me a bunch of opinions. That's fine but don't pretend these are facts unless you got a way to prove this. Em is still on top of his game. You don't need to here it from me. Just watch what other rappers have to say about him. From Slaughterhouse to whoever. TOP MC's. Not many can fuck with him. All he fucking does is RAP. He's in a fucking cave and writes rhymes 24/7. How the fuck is he past his prime lol? This fool doesn't play basketball. He RAPS>

you'll never get it bru

well, never say never....but as of now, u might don't got it

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
yeah, lines like "suck my dick on the couch so i can cushion the blow" are so clever  ::)

Dawg seriously?? You want me to go back to Slim Shady LP and MMLP and find some shit similar to that?? It's not hard to find Em spit shit like that when he's done it all his life lol. The dude is a clown. You're picking one fucking line that you don't like as if that was the only option ha.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

Em was at his prime from 96 to about 02 or so     not that he's still not capable of a dope verse but his work proves that he's been past his peak about a dozen years.

How did you come up with this conclusion? You think he's like an athlete where it's easy to tell when a guy is past his best, based on age and performance while competing? You might have liked his earlier shit much more than you do now but to say he was then the best then and not now, really isn't accurate. I don't even know how you can prove that because the dude continues to spit FIRE. I believe he is better now than he was back then. He might have had CLASSIC albums back then but in terms of just MC SKILLS, he's still ridiculous. He's probably better now with much more experience, knowledge and practice.

Exactly. Go through your list of favorite rappers, guarantee the majority of them were better towards the beginning of their career than they are now.
Em is the exception though. He never lost "hunger". Not sure how much you guys follow him but the dude is as dedicated as the first day. Like I said, people need to make the distinction between CLASSIC albums and where he stands as an MC in terms of SKILL. An opinion is not a FACT. You guy are giving me a bunch of opinions. That's fine but don't pretend these are facts unless you got a way to prove this. Em is still on top of his game. You don't need to here it from me. Just watch what other rappers have to say about him. From Slaughterhouse to whoever. TOP MC's. Not many can fuck with him. All he fucking does is RAP. He's in a fucking cave and writes rhymes 24/7. How the fuck is he past his prime lol? This fool doesn't play basketball. He RAPS>

you'll never get it bru

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »

Em was at his prime from 96 to about 02 or so     not that he's still not capable of a dope verse but his work proves that he's been past his peak about a dozen years.

you'll never get it bru

"youll never get it bru" That's another way of saying "I tap out"

U might don't got it? Yeah I don't get it lol.

Here's a clever line from Slm Shady LP

"Hi Kids do you like Violence?, Wanna see me stick NIne Inch Nails through each of my eye lids? Wanna copy me and do exactly what I did?

Let me get up and give this CLEVER shit a standing ovation haha.

Honestly I didn't expect this response from you NIKCC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:06:53 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »
that line is a lot better than the one i quoted.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
that line is a lot better than the one i quoted.

Oh shit lol!!! Never mind then ha.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »
"I ain't fuckin with either Jessica neither, Simpson or Alba, my album's just sicker than strep with the fever"  2013

vs

"get your motherfuckin pants split at the creases, fuckin you intellectually/ giving you mentally sexually transmitted diseases"   1997

which is sicker?

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
Quote from: Hack Brodenheimer link=topic=308177.msg2992246#

msg2992246 date=1395279532

Em was at his prime from 96 to about 02 or so     not that he's still not capable of a dope verse but his work proves that he's been past his peak about a dozen years.

you'll never get it bru

"Hi Kids do you like Violence?, Wanna see me stick NIne Inch Nails through each of my eye lids? Wanna copy me and do exactly what I did?

My bad I was very high.. But it's true though.. The bottom line is that eminen may be technically as good now as he ever was, but if u truly believe that his hunger and passion for music is where it was at in his early years, then u trippin

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
"I ain't fuckin with either Jessica neither, Simpson or Alba, my album's just sicker than strep with the fever"  2013

vs

"get your motherfuckin pants split at the creases, fuckin you intellectually/ giving you mentally sexually transmitted diseases"   1997

which is sicker?

You're choosing to your liking though ha. How is that fair??

This ain't sick??

Now I use power tools, how 'bout now, are you in the shower?
Scour you for 6 hours 'til outage of power outlets
How did you figure out I was down in your basement, now ya
Musta just heard the sound of my stomach growling from down there
Prowler, there's no one fouler; bound ya, that's how they found ya
Face down in the tub I drown ya with piles of downers around ya
Such nostalgia and power, such prowess, look how you cower
Jump out on you now like I was Jawa from fucking Star Wars

If you don't think this is sick, then somethings wrong with you. So much shit to breakdown in just a small paragraph.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:34:51 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
Quote from: Hack Brodenheimer link=topic=308177.msg2992246#

msg2992246 date=1395279532

you'll never get it bru

My bad I was very high.. But it's true though.. The bottom line is that eminen may be technically as good now as he ever was, but if u truly believe that his hunger and passion for music is where it was at in his early years, then u trippin
That's a different topic though. If someone is making a comment saying "That's when Em was in his prime", how the fuck am I supposed to assume that he's talking about hunger or passion?? The first thing crossing any persons mind would be LYRICAL ABILITY. Did he fall off in terms of SKILL/RHYMES. That's all I read. He was never specific. Of course a person isn't going to be as "hungry" as when they first come up. That's obvious. Em was poor. Dude had nothing. He was starving! My first thought was that he was talking about his rhymes.

There's a bunch of shit that we can go over if you're not being specific. For example, I don't think Em will ever have better albums than his first two solo's. The reason why goes beyond lyrics. He was FRESH. New to the scene. He had a distinct style and it was a special time. Of course the whole production and lyrics. But that doesn't mean that if Em doesn't ever top those albums, he isn't dope anymore. Lyrically that dude is insane. Some of his new shit is wack to be honest. I fucking hated RECOVERY. But I would be a fucking MORON to say that his rhymes are wack. Dude still crazy. Like I said, don't take my word for it. Listen to what his peers say. Nobody can fuck with him. He's a fucking psycho, locked up in a room writing rhymes. That's all he does. He's dedicated to his craft even today. I know you fuck with EM so I don't know why you're playing a different role all of a sudden haha.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »
Cuz that hunger and passion attributes to ur charisma on the mic, and having that hunger and passion is vital to the feeling within the music. And all that is a major part of the package. U can't be in ur prime if ur hunger and passion was once greater.

And i definitely fux wit em, he's a top 10 all time, and I even thought mmlp2 was great... But I'm just sayin his prime years are behind him in terms of what he can give.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:38:00 PM by NIKCC »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
Cuz that hunger and passion attributes to ur charisma on the mic, and having that hunger and passion is vital to feeling, which is a major part of the package. U can't be in ur prime if ur hunger and passion was once greater.

I see where you're coming from and it makes sense but using Em as an example is not great. Why? Because you're talking about a dude who's a perfectionist and still goes hard on his craft. You can have PASSION and CHARISMA but be a shitty rapper. Rhyming is a SKILL. What is SKILL? It's a LEARNED attribute. Which means that you aren't born rhyming the way these guys do. Which means that it took years and years of practice. In this case, a sport can be used as an analogy because it also takes practice to perfect a craft. If you stop shooting freethrows, you won't be able to improve. It's the same with rhymes. So let's say you're a young cat coming up, hungry as fuck and you get your chance to shine, it doesn't mean that LYRICALLY, you're at your APEX. You can still GROW. Depending on how advanced you are. A better example for what you're saying is KURUPT. This is a guy who you can say lost hunger, dedication etc etc. He isn't a professional anymore. He isn't competitive anymore. His RHYMES tell you he fell from where he was. Eminem might not have the same hunger but the dude is still competitive. He's still at the top of his game and that implies that he's in his prime, regardless. The proof is in his RHYMES.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:53:15 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 10:56:42 PM »
Cuz that hunger and passion attributes to ur charisma on the mic, and having that hunger and passion is vital to feeling, which is a major part of the package. U can't be in ur prime if ur hunger and passion was once greater.

I see where you're coming from and it makes sense but using Em as an example is not great. Why? Because you're talking about a dude who's a perfectionist and still goes hard on his craft. You can have PASSION and CHARISMA but be a shitty rapper. Rhyming is a SKILL. What is SKILL? It's a LEARNED attribute. Which means that you aren't born rhyming the way these guys do. Which means that it took years and years of practice. In this case, a sport can be used as an analogy because it also takes practice to perfect a craft. If you stop shooting freethrows, you won't be able to improve. It's the same with rhymes. So let's say you're a young cat coming up, hungry as fuck and you get your chance to shine, it doesn't mean that LYRICALLY, you're at your APEX. You can still GROW. Depending on how advanced you are. A better example for what you're saying is KURUPT. This is a guy who you can say lost hunger, dedication etc etc. He isn't a professional anymore. He isn't competitive anymore. His RHYMES tell you he fell from where he was. Eminem might not have the same hunger but the dude is still competitive. He's still at the top of his game and that implies that he's in his prime, regardless. The proof is in his RHYMES.

yea, u need both....if u wanna be at ur best, u cant have skill witout the passion, and u cant have passion wit out the skill. eminem is still a lyrical beast, and his latest album proved he still had it in him....but if that was 1998 em spittin them same rhymes, we'd have a whole different album.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 11:01:03 PM »
Let me just say this. If we're talking about HUNGER/CHARISMA when speaking about EM and prime, then I'm with you 100%. VIntage EM had the hunger and charisma for all the reasons I brought up earlier. Dude was FRESH! He had so much shit locked up inside, waiting to explode! His personal shit with his fam, his mom and wife. His life etc etc. That VINTAGE Em with the old school style and voice and charisma! If we're talking about that SPECIFICALLY then I'm with you! But if we're talking about the CRAFT...his SKILLS, there is no fucking way I can agree that he isn't in his prime. I just can't. You can't be a genius and not be in your prime. We can't ever bring the past. Those days are CLASSIC EM! Shit that's irreplaceable. But lyrically the dude is still amazing and I think he's probably better from a technical standpoint. And I honestly believe most MC's would agree. Let's not confuse both though. I'm only speaking on his lyrical ability. Nothing more.