Author Topic: OMG ROOTS LIVE........ GOOD GOD THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!  (Read 160 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

HELL YEAH!!!!I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE ROOTS CONCERT...

2 and a half hours of NON STOP HIP HOP

NO TURNTABLES
NO ELECTRONICS

just these dudes with their instruments.. what an AMAZING SHOW.
i don't think any hiphop act could top this.... it was just perfect..... SHIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

if you ever get the chance to see the roots live, GET A TICKET AND GO THERE, YOU'LL ENJOY IT!!!!

any1 else seen them live?

We Fly High

Re:OMG ROOTS LIVE........ GOOD GOD THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 06:17:29 PM »
saw them once during thanksgiving 02, and then just another time about 3 weeks ago in san francisco fillmore. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 06:18:26 PM »
w/ cody chestnutt too. i think hes a way good performer. with great music.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 09:26:16 AM »
They really are sumthin' else, huh? I bet they're dope live, not that I'll ever get the chance living here...

But really? How many hip-hop acts are out there that are actually a band? Can't think of any other, come to think of it.

I saw a snippet of Eminem's performance at the Grammies where he performed Lose Yourself with The Roots playing the beat live. Shit was dope, it was almost a whole new song that way.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 11:07:55 AM »
They really are sumthin' else, huh? I bet they're dope live, not that I'll ever get the chance living here...

But really? How many hip-hop acts are out there that are actually a band? Can't think of any other, come to think of it.

I saw a snippet of Eminem's performance at the Grammies where he performed Lose Yourself with The Roots playing the beat live. Shit was dope, it was almost a whole new song that way.

yeah!

i mean i can't say ive seen too many people live but ive seen Eminen, Xzibit (twice), Outkast, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Nas, and now the Roots and they ARE something else.

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 03:20:04 AM »
cody chestnutt too. i think hes a way good performer. with great music.

true,

i think its cool they do their music that way, some cool shit.
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 11:23:27 AM »
I had 2 chances to see them last month.  The tickets for the show sold out in 10 minutes, so I couldn't get them.  And they were doing a free show at MTV, but i had places to go, man I was pissed (still am too). >:(