Author Topic: Glorifciation of the war in Iraq  (Read 230 times)

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Glorifciation of the war in Iraq
« on: March 22, 2003, 02:57:09 PM »
Am i the only one that thinks this extensive TV coverage of this war is moraly wrong?

I saw all this hype on the news, and reports where we see Bagdhad being bombarded with bombs from fighter jets, and cruise missiles and i it just hit me.. People are actually dying and being injured in this bombardment some of which are innocent.

Then i saw pictures of these reporters ducking and hiding from gas attacks and watching tanks cross the boarder.

Now i just think that reporters progressing with the army personel is wrong. ok yes i want to know whats happening but i dont think we should have it rammed down our throats.. I think its an attempt to glorify the war... which i dont agree with

Its just a moral issue imo.. does ne1 else agree?

Kaidy

Re:Glorifciation of the war in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 03:44:35 PM »
I see your point, but I have actually been quite pleased with the coverage we've been getting in England (Sky News, ITN, BBC). It's been almost thoroughly objective and has been quick to show where civilians have been hit and missiles have been mis-targeted. They also keep a running commentary of where has been taken over and where hasn't. So it's showing both sides.

I'm sure some countries have had a different kind of coverage though. we get CNN here and that is vastly different, much more along the lines of what you were saying.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 11:17:28 PM »
i got like 5 different news channels on my tv and then the 4 regular ones....nbc, abc, cbs, ect. and each one is focusing on different aspects of the war.........i agree with Kaity on this one, i'm pleased with the coverage, the news i'm watching lets you decide it's not cramming nothing down your thraot.......CNN is probably the last news channle i watch cuz it's boring, and not as diverse with it's coverage....personally i like Fox News channel the best becuase they're grabbing info from EVERYWHERE and are usually the first with exclusive coverage

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 03:14:23 AM »
we won't be getting shit from CNN for a few days as they've been kicked out of Baghdad.

I'm all for the coverage i've spent 3 days flicking between Sky news, BBC, msnbc, and fox.

Never surrender

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 05:42:49 AM »
most information is faked. they are trying to test a new strategy of war.
for example they say many iraqis gave up... what should lead to a REAL capitulation.. and so on

so dont believe anything... the tv station at my home always say thats recommend, too
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 06:49:38 AM »
Ive been watching sky news and its very balanced I think, especially when you flick to CNN and see their coverage. I think it is horrible seeing poeple getting killed but at least it minimises the "accidental" carpet bombing etc which could take place otherwise. It also opens peoples eyes to the reality of war when you see the people with third degree burns etc after the raids.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 10:32:20 AM »
for example they say many iraqis gave up... what should lead to a REAL capitulation.. and so on

so dont believe anything... the tv station at my home always say thats recommend, too

Yes, my friend...It is all a conspiracy. Let us kill them, my brother.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 11:13:47 AM »
stop whining, accept facts
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TheSheriff

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2003, 11:17:01 AM »
stop whining, accept facts

Hmm? What facts? Your opinions do not change the fabric of reality. They do not make CNN any more or less biased.

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2003, 09:52:23 PM »
Am i the only one that thinks this extensive TV coverage of this war is moraly wrong?

I saw all this hype on the news, and reports where we see Bagdhad being bombarded with bombs from fighter jets, and cruise missiles and i it just hit me.. People are actually dying and being injured in this bombardment some of which are innocent.

Then i saw pictures of these reporters ducking and hiding from gas attacks and watching tanks cross the boarder.

Now i just think that reporters progressing with the army personel is wrong. ok yes i want to know whats happening but i dont think we should have it rammed down our throats.. I think its an attempt to glorify the war... which i dont agree with

Its just a moral issue imo.. does ne1 else agree?

Yes.  It is these images shown on CNN of people like Goerge Bush authorizing these bombing campaigns that have damaging affects on the youth.  When they see their so-called leaders misleading, and when they see the destruction of poorer people, it damages the inner-workings of their brain.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 01:23:30 AM »
Thank God, theyve actually toned down on the coverage. I mean, the first few days...it was on every fuckin channel, all day. It was ridiculous. Its all about ratings tho. So i cant blame the media, this is their job. People are, for tha most part....sick. The media shows what the people want to see. If the people didnt WANT to see this shit, the media wouldnt show it...poor ratings arent good for a network. It goes that way with ANYthing. Its the "shock value". Most people have never seen a war this up close, and i guess they fascinated. I can only see so much footage of downtown Baghdad in the middle of the day, with nothing being seen on camera. lol. Its kind of fuked up really. We are so far removed from this war, that we have to get excited about the extensive coverage...while Iraqi's in Baghdad...hope that a missle doesnt end up in their living room.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 10:23:50 AM »
I can only see so much footage of downtown Baghdad in the middle of the day, with nothing being seen on camera. lol. Its kind of fuked up really.

I agree, i hate this constant coverage of nothing happening and everythin bein repeated n shit... It gets real borin.. im not sayin i dont care wot goes on.. But i aint heard or red ne other news apart from this Iraq stuff since the war started

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 06:00:09 PM »
a lot of tree hugging present day hippies in here..but anyway why not have it on the news...this war is causing us taxpayers a lot of cash...i want to know how this is going and if my tax money is being used properly...and there are great reporters out in the field risking their lives to bring this news to us..show some respect...and the news a conspiracy... ::)  

TheSheriff

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2003, 12:48:48 PM »
a lot of tree hugging present day hippies in here..but anyway why not have it on the news...this war is causing us taxpayers a lot of cash...i want to know how this is going and if my tax money is being used properly...and there are great reporters out in the field risking their lives to bring this news to us..show some respect...and the news a conspiracy... ::)  

There's so much wrong with that post, I'm not even going to start.

Agua

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2003, 04:14:55 PM »

Yes, my friend...It is all a conspiracy. Let us kill them, my brother.

it's manipulated.