Author Topic: New School Artists On 90īs Alike Beats  (Read 635 times)

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New School Artists On 90īs Alike Beats
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 09:47:50 AM »
Dom Kennedy & Polyester the Saint.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:50:18 AM by LazyLatino »

123imagee

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:44:43 AM »
fuck (new) west rappers claiming west coast and using southern-wack-club beats. :-X

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »
fuck (new) west rappers claiming west coast and using southern-wack-club beats. :-X
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
I AGREE...WHATS WRONG WIT G-FUNK?

DO PEOPLE GET MAD AT EAST COAST ARTISTS WHEN THEY MAKE GRIMEY SHIT?

G-FUNK IS A STAPLE SOUND OF THE WEST COAST AND THATS WHAT IT IS........WHY DO PEOPLE WANT G-FUNK DEAD SO BAD? IT'S LIKE IF SOME1 SAID "MAN, I HATE FAST RAPPERS, PEOPLE NEED TO STOP RAPPIN FAST, THAT SHIT IS SO 90S".........EVOLUTION IS KEY.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
I don't understand it either. The G-Funk sound is so musical and rich and yet hardcore at the same time. G-Funk actually revived P-Funk in the 90s because George Clinton was not doing good and the sampling helped him save his career.

G-Funk is going to be revived that same way and continue the historical progression, as it has been before things will come back the other way.  8)

Okka

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Okka

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 05:00:18 AM »

dope  8)

Yeah, i love that song. Warren G posted that on his Twitter page back when it came out.

StayTrue

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:34:28 AM by StayTrue »

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »
yeah I immediately thought of Omar Aura and Warm brew entering this thread

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-KA5xxEs0XQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-KA5xxEs0XQ</a>

Bones

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/crKhLNTzs44" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/crKhLNTzs44</a>

This debate about a song being outdated is interesting, but I think a lot of unnecessary hate is going on.

Just because it's not in style anymore doesn't mean it's not as good as it once was. I'll never get tired of listening to the classics, and when I discover songs from the golden age which bumps, I'll like it.

Now if we're talking about a veteran in 2013 just being a shadow of his former self, and a self-caricature, using a mere mock of the sounds they helped develop, like Daz & WC's album, of course I'm not going to go for it.

it all comes down to quality, if your product is fresh and sounds somewhat authentic, i think it's the most important criteria.

if we're talking about people who drop solid g-funk albums in 2014, I'll like it but it has to be somewhat original in the way it's produced, you have to come with your own twist for it to be memorable. and that's what I like about Messy Marv, even if he got his lazy flow and isn't worth much anymore, he has musical beats most of the time which sound g-funk/mobbish but with a new twist, and you gotta give it to producers like A.D. from Proof Avenue or DJ Fresh to

I noticed a lot of people tend to discard something because of the style rather than the quality of the actual song. Some will be "oh fuck new school rap, that shit sucks" when you got solid new school beats dropping nowadays (say what you will but League of Starz, DJ Mustard, Mike Will Made It) even though there are a lot of bullshit dropping as well. and some people tend to discard albums, especially on dubcc, just because we're supposed to be a forum stuck in the 90's giving credit to no name rappers no one gives a fuck about, like, isn't it the whole point of a forum to shed light on artists who we feel deserved to be better known ?