Author Topic: Does anyone on here read books?  (Read 560 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Does anyone on here read books?
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
recently I've been reading these:

and

what have you been reading, DUBCC viewer?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Does anyone on here read books?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »
have gun will travel
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »
i havent read a book in years

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:19:57 PM »
i already read Adam Carolla's "Not Taco Bell Material"    a must read for any fan of the Man Show, Loveline or Jimmy Kimmel.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »
that where's waldo book is a classic bru

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »
i almost made this same thread a few days ago but i aint want ppl to think i was like "i read books im superior bitch."  

i dont really fuck with much sci fi and keep it light on the fiction unless its some shit like game of thrones thats got a super solid plot that draws you in.

the bible in its entirety is a decent read....cool stories bro

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
i almost made this same thread a few days ago but i aint want ppl to think i was like "i read books im superior bitch."  

i dont really fuck with much sci fi and keep it light on the fiction unless its some shit like game of thrones thats got a super solid plot that draws you in.

the bible in its entirety is a decent read.

where's Waldo isn't that sci-fi bro, give it another shot  it's mad complex tho.

William cooper..well he had a lot of truth but also a lot of BS mixed together.  the truth outweighs the BS...this is fact IMO.

Waldo....he's the most wanted fugitive ever.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 06:54:05 PM »
oh no waldo books are the shit i remember being high off my ass doing those

im just saying outside of 1983 and some other critically acclaimed shit im not big on sci fi books

im high as shit right now.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
ive always had intentions of reading behold a pale horse but havent gotten around to it yet...do u recommend it?

*sips merlot with pinky finger extended*

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »
ive always had intentions of reading behold a pale horse but havent gotten around to it yet...do u recommend it?

*sips merlot with pinky finger extended*

yes

with a grain of salt, there is much purity awaiting

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »
 lol at the "in fifty years we'll all be chicks" you can already see evidence of it though....

Nope i do not read books. I of course read at forums and i read the news more than watch it. i watch alot of subtitled anime and films, play lots of video games that include alot of text to be read but i have never been a book person. Doubt i ever will be.
 Never got into to comics/manga either.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
that where's waldo book is a classic bru
Real talk.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 11:17:40 PM »
Behold a pale horse is a great book.

Cooper was genuine, he was purposely fed disinfo and that trickles in so u gotta separate the wheat from the chaff. The powers that be straight murdered his ass.

What chall know bout Shell Silverstein "where the sidewalk ends" or Wilson Rawls "Where the red fern grows". Those are my 2 fav fiction joints, I mostly fux wit non-fiction tho.

David Gutterman

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 04:02:03 AM »

Hunter S. Thompson receives a letter from the editor of Running magazine, asking him to cover the 1980 Honolulu Marathon, which the editor says should be "a good chance for a vacation". Hunter asks the illustrator Ralph Steadman to accompany him. On the flight over, he meets a man named Ackerman, who seems to have connections to the drug trade in Hawaii. Hunter covers the marathon with his characteristic gonzo style, weaving his own experiences into the coverage of the story.

After the marathon, Hunter, Ralph and Ralph's family move to a rented beach side "compound" on Hawaii's Kona coast. The weather is miserable and they are trapped indoors, besieged by huge waves. Ralph and his family, upset about the terrible conditions of their vacation, return to England. Later, Hunter reunites with Ackerman to go fishing. Hunter eventually catches a huge Marlin, which he beats to death with a Samoan war club. The fishing boat returns to the dock, with Hunter screaming triumphantly, "I am Lono!", referring to the ancient Hawaiian god. After this, Hunter ends his story in the City of Refuge, hiding from those he upset with his antics at the docks. The story frequently breaks away to excerpts from The Last Voyage of Captain James Cook, which tells the story of the man the native Hawaiians thought was the reincarnation of Lono and was eventually killed by them when he overstayed his welcome on the island of Hawaii.

The book begins with contractors arriving at Arthur Dent's house. They wish to demolish his house in order to build a bypass. Arthur's best friend, Ford Prefect, arrives warning of the end of the world. The two head to a bar, where the locals question Ford's knowledge of the Apocalypse. An alien race, known as Vogons, show up to demolish the planet, and Arthur and Ford manage to get on their ship, where they are forced to listen to Vogon Poetry, the third worst kind in the galaxy, as punishment, Arthur tries to say it is beautiful. Arthur and Ford are then placed into an airlock, and jetisonned into space, only to be rescued by Zaphod's ship, the Heart of Gold.

Zaphod is the cousin of Ford, President of the galaxy, and accompanied by a depressed robot named Marvin and a woman by the name of Trillian. The five embark on a journey to find the legendary planet known as Magrathea, known for selling luxury planets. Once there, they meet a computer named Deep Thought, who states the ultimate answer to everything is the number 42. (It is important to note that in later novels, Deep Thought is proven to be off by one, and the actual answer is 43). Earth 2 is constructed, and the question for Deep Thought's answer is implanted in Arthur's brain. Trillian's mice offer to buy Arthur's brain for it, leading to a fight when he declines. Zaphod saves Arthur when the brain is about to be removed, and the group of 5 decided to go to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

JOE STRUMMER Let Fury Have The Hour: The Punk Rock Politics Of Joe Strummer softback book which was edited and includes an introduction by Antonino D'Ambrosio. The book examines the extraordinary life of The Clash lead singer, with a collection of articles, interviews and essays which chronicle Joe's life both as a musician and a political activist. Includes discography, filmography and black & white photographs).

Seagully

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »
have gun will travel

not sure if it QUALIFIES as a book...?