Author Topic: prisoner of war  (Read 440 times)

gFuNkA

prisoner of war
« on: March 23, 2003, 09:05:55 AM »
the iraq TV showed several US soldiers (from texas, cansas, new jersey)...there was also a black woman from the 507 division. they (the iraqis) asked them question like "whats your name", "how old are you", "where you come from", "why do you came to iraq" and so on. one US soldier was hurt and trembled. they were all looking very fearfully. damn...i hope they will get alive outta this...shit is terriblly. german tv reported that iraq also showed dead US soldiers on tv, but the german tv doesnt showed them (too horrible).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2003, 09:08:06 AM by gFuNkA »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:prisoner of war
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 09:40:49 AM »
I just watch a necessary amount of tv at the moment.
dont wanna fuck my brain up seein all that fucked up shit
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

gFuNkA

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 09:51:27 AM »
i feel you, but i wanna know whats happening there...even if its only propaganda.

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 09:54:16 AM »
Yea I read about this but didn't see the videos, nor do i want to. From what I heard most of the people captured were engineers and workers who were just supposed to be cleaning up the area of Umm Qasr (sp?) after the army had supposedly won it.

They said its illegal under the Geneva convention to show video of POWs. Usually I'd be mad, but since the US ignored the UN I guess fair is fair, or unfair rather. Anyway, I hope those captured are okay and get out safely.

S.J

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 10:15:40 AM »

They said its illegal under the Geneva convention to show video of POWs.

Iraqi prisoners of war have also been shown on video, they were shown surrendering and sitting in a barbed wire pen, showing this is illegal under Geneva convention. Donald Rumsfeld is a hypocrite.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 10:26:55 AM »
Iraqi prisoners of war have also been shown on video, they were shown surrendering and sitting in a barbed wire pen

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 10:33:50 AM »
I feel for the prisoners...don't worry though....Iraq is getting the us soldiers when they are not together....these prisoners strayed off from their position...US will get them back alive hopefully and how horrible it was that they showed dead americans on tv....we don't show the injured and dead iraqi's on tv...

peace

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 11:22:48 AM »

They said its illegal under the Geneva convention to show video of POWs.

Iraqi prisoners of war have also been shown on video, they were shown surrendering and sitting in a barbed wire pen, showing this is illegal under Geneva convention. Donald Rumsfeld is a hypocrite.

No, you are an idiot. There is a huge difference. Iraqi prisoners were simply shown surrendering in the field as part of combat. American prisoners were taken into custody and put in front of a camera and questioned in a sick propaganda attempt by the Iraqi government. The Iraqi government also showed video of dead American soldiers in an Iraqi morgue. What they are doing violates the Geneva convention. This is sick and only shows how barbaric Iraq really is. I would bet my life that they are torurting our soliders, just like they did in the last Persian Gulf War.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2003, 11:24:36 AM »

7Even what the hell is up with the picture in your avatar.

S.J

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2003, 11:50:32 AM »

No, you are an idiot. There is a huge difference. Iraqi prisoners were simply shown surrendering in the field as part of combat. American prisoners were taken into custody and put in front of a camera and questioned in a sick propaganda attempt by the Iraqi government. The Iraqi government also showed video of dead American soldiers in an Iraqi morgue. What they are doing violates the Geneva convention. This is sick and only shows how barbaric Iraq really is. I would bet my life that they are torurting our soliders, just like they did in the last Persian Gulf War.

You're the idiot, the iraqi prisoners of war were shown as a propaganda stunt to lower moral of the iraqi troops so more would surrender and to convince the public the war is going well. They were not only shown surrendering, they were shown in barbed wire pen with their hands tied. There have also been pictures of dead Iraqi troops. What makes you think the Iraqi POWs are not going to be tortured?, POWs from Afghanistan were, look at Camp X-Ray in Cuba, they were taken there so they would not have any legal protection, injected with drugs and tortured, kept in small cages, their religion disrespected, you would'nt treat a animal like that. At the moment the Iraqi troops are being shown to be treated well, but since most of the world is against the war they have to be. America cant even treat prisoners from its own country well.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2003, 01:05:08 PM »

7Even what the hell is up with the picture in your avatar.

what the hell is up with YOUR picture in your avatar :p
No, it's not a sin

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2003, 05:11:19 AM »
the iraq TV showed several US soldiers (from texas, cansas, new jersey)...there was also a black woman from the 507 division. they (the iraqis) asked them question like "whats your name", "how old are you", "where you come from", "why do you came to iraq" and so on. one US soldier was hurt and trembled. they were all looking very fearfully. damn...i hope they will get alive outta this...shit is terriblly. german tv reported that iraq also showed dead US soldiers on tv, but the german tv doesnt showed them (too horrible).

This is totally incomparable to showing scenes on CNN every hour of America obliterating bagdad with bombs.

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2003, 12:05:42 PM »

::)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 12:07:36 PM by The Funky Doc »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2003, 12:18:53 PM »
period
No, it's not a sin

TheSheriff

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2003, 03:34:22 PM »
To be fair, LOL, the Taliban prisoners aren't classed as POWs.

And I still do not see how that justifies what Saddam has done.