Author Topic: Wu Tang to sell only one copy of secret double disc album  (Read 561 times)

KURUPTION-81

Wu Tang to sell only one copy of secret double disc album
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »
(AllHipHop News) Since 2007′s 8 Diagrams, Wu Tang Clan fans and Hip Hop in general have been clamoring for a for a new album. Today (March 26th) it was announced that only one copy of a secret, 31-track double disc album from the Wu Tang Clan will be released entitled Once Upon A Time In Shaolin.

The album was mostly produced by Wu Tang Clan affiliate, Morroco-based producer Tarik “Cilvaringz” Azzougarh and was recorded with every member of the Wu-Tang Clan over the past six years. In an interview with Forbes, RZA explains that this innovative approach to releasing an album is based on a desire to increase the reverence for Wu Tang music in the art world:

We’re about to sell an album like nobody else sold it before. We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.

The album will be “presented in a hand carved nickel-silver box designed by the British Moroccan artist Yahya” according to the private music service’s official website

. The album will have an unorthodox release in every manner as its “tour” will take place in art exhibitions in museums, galleries and more. In order to curb piracy during these exhibitions, entry will cost between $30-$50, attendees will have relinquish all recording devices before entering and will only be able to hear the music through headphones.

Following the tour, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin will be sold to one private buyer for “millions”, possibly similar to Jay Z selling Magna Carta Holy Grail to Samsung for $5 million to release it exclusively on their app. RZA states that this new private music service could be what sustains the legacy of Wu Tang Clan beyond their physical limitations:
There will be a time when we can’t tour, and that’s just the natural evolution of man. And yet this particular privatized album, I think—this idea we have—will be something that will go longer than all of us.
Once Upon A Time In Shaolin is all original music and includes guest appearances from Redman, Bonnie Jo Mason and more. This album is separate from Wu Tang Clan’s oft-delayed 20th anniversary album, A Better Tomorrow. A Better Tomorrowis scheduled to be released this summer.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/03/26/wu-tang-clan-will-sell-only-one-copy-of-secret-double-disc-album/

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

GangstaBoogy

Re: Wu Tang to sell only one copy of secret double disc album
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
Welcome to the Jay-Z & Beyonce era of "Hip-Hop".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lucifuge

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
You ain't gonna sell two copies if you press a double album ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »
Welcome to the Jay-Z & Beyonce era of "Hip-Hop".

yep. smh.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
garbage idea

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »
I guess thats kind of a cool idea but then again I think it's disrespectful for the real Wu-Tang heads. Like, only 1 guy can have the original copy?? I mean I think its just unfair. I always buy my albums, oh well guess I'll have to bootleg this.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

heisenberg

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »
i see you kanye

Seagully

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 08:55:04 AM »
aint nothin NEW about this gimmick Jean-Michel Jarre did the SAME thing 30 YEARS AGO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_Supermarkets

great PUBLICITY STUNT tho.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »
stupid as fuck

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »
stupid as fuck
its sad but wu tang has become hipster rap

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
I'd buy that shit, then blow the mutherfucker up.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »
At the end of the day though, the music has to be dope.  I think it's an interesting strategy and I appreciate them for thinking outside the box on this one.  I'll wait and see what happens.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »
At the end of the day though, the music has to be dope.  I think it's an interesting strategy and I appreciate them for thinking outside the box on this one.  I'll wait and see what happens.

Basically this.  If it ends up working, it's brilliant. The reality is labels don't know how to push music anymore. There are few projects that come out and sustain a strong enough long-term buzz to keep momentum going. Guerilla marketing is kind of what is needed at this point.

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
If only ONE crazy sheik from the United Arab Emirates (or some other filthy rich person) is a Wu fan, then they make more money that way than via traditional means.
It will always be 1993 to me.