Poll

Who you got?

Scoe
8 (34.8%)
Crook
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Roscoe VS Crooked I  (Read 1968 times)

bouli77

Re: Roscoe VS Crooked I
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

dope song  8) doesn't change my opinion though, if anything it comforts me in it, clearly carried by production IMO

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »
Who you got in WHAT? If we're talking skills, then I think it's obvious.

#RNS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wjguEAQBJI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2wjguEAQBJI</a>

Cool song. I like the theme and all. Can't fuck with Intriago on the mic though.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

dope song  8) doesn't change my opinion though, if anything it comforts me in it, clearly carried by production IMO
yeah but the production and dope rhymes go hand and hand. crooked has wack beats.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

yeah but the production and dope rhymes go hand and hand. crooked has wack beats.
Crooked is a tight ass fool who doesn't want to waste any paper on dope beats.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

that's why his career is where it's at.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

disagreed, you can have good production and spit boring shit, which is the case for that Roscoe song, nicely put together, but kinda boring too.

you can also have tremendous raps over wack beats, ask Nas about it.

in Crooked's case, it's more his refusal to record an album because he somehow thought he'd blow up as a solo act one day which killed his career, but the joint I posted has clearly a superior production and above all better raps than that Roscoe song, it's not from the same era though but I think if Crooked has stayed with Daz at least we would have gotten a solid album.

Crook in Me is not Crooked's best work, but it's still better than most Roscoe's performances I ever heard. shame cold game never fully leaked too but I'm under the impression that the album was full of gems.

Crooked I in a bad day is still better than Scoe :

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/610MLIv6m14" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/610MLIv6m14</a>

doublee313

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:25 AM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

disagreed, you can have good production and spit boring shit, which is the case for that Roscoe song, nicely put together, but kinda boring too.

in Crooked's case, it's more his refusal to record an album because he somehow thought he'd blow up as a solo act one day which killed his career, but the joint I posted has clearly a superior production and above all better raps than that Roscoe song, it's not from the same era though but I think if Crooked has stayed with Daz at least we would have gotten a solid album.

Crook in Me is not Crooked's best work, but it's still better than most Roscoe's performances I ever heard. shame cold game never fully leaked too but I'm under the impression that the album was full of gems.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/610MLIv6m14" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/610MLIv6m14</a>

Roscoes first album was tight.  You can't say he didn't drop flawless lyrical content and solid beats.  I'd take that album over any Crooked I.  Mr. Pigface had 3 songs that had good production, and it shows Crooked can do it.  However, he setup his office with a recording studio probably using fruityloops and flat hardware.  It shows on his debut.  Needs to get back with those guys on Mr. Pigface and use K-Young more.

I'm not going to listen to a song with a wack beat.  The beat is what keeps you going and the lyrics amp it up.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 06:50:05 AM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)

Roscoes first album was tight.  You can't say he didn't drop flawless lyrical content and solid beats.  I'd take that album over any Crooked I.  Mr. Pigface had 3 songs that had good production, and it shows Crooked can do it.  However, he setup his office with a recording studio probably using fruityloops and flat hardware.  It shows on his debut.  Needs to get back with those guys on Mr. Pigface and use K-Young more.

I'm not going to listen to a song with a wack beat.  The beat is what keeps you going and the lyrics amp it up.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »

EFFeX

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
Crooked for sure, but that's nothing against Scoe. He's a deadly emcees - period. In fact, both of these guys are in my top personal emcee lists, but Crook gets the win here.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 12:30:04 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

dope song  8) doesn't change my opinion though, if anything it comforts me in it, clearly carried by production IMO

What a horrible argument. I like Crooked but if dude actually operated under that principle he'd be a fucking loser. "I don't wanna waste my money on quality beats" LOL

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

dope song  8) doesn't change my opinion though, if anything it comforts me in it, clearly carried by production IMO

What a horrible argument. I like Crooked but if dude actually operated under that principle he'd be a fucking loser. "I don't wanna waste my money on quality beats" LOL
based off his solo album I think he does operate off that logic.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »
Crooked got a sick ass beat from Mr. Porter so nice try Flaccid Material.  Go ruin some other threads.

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

based off his solo album I think he does operate off that logic.

Thing is a lot of Crooks hardcore fans follow him for his technical ability. Meaning they have no feel for music anyway

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
says a guy who thinks Lady of Rage's debut album is equal to Doggystyle ^   ;D