Author Topic: The Roots -...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin [Discussion Thread]  (Read 2564 times)

Seagully

Re: The Roots -...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
So because you identify as a sensitive nerd every person on earth who likes their music is exactly like you is what youre telling me? Youre the same guy who be on here sweatin Gucci Mane. WTF

my COMMENT wasnt DIRECTED @ every1 that listens 2 THE ROOTS so stop trying to TWIST SHIT AROUND.
it was 2 HIGHLIGHT the PRETENTIOUS PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL HIPSTER FAGGOTS that namedrop THE ROOTS so they WILL B taken seriously as a MUSIC CONNOISSEURS.
the SAME judgemental ROOTS COCKSMOKERS that WILL B-little & DISS any1 that doesn't agree with THE ROOTS "GREATNESS".
MUSICAL SUPERIORITY COMPLEX.

Will_B

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2014, 11:12:11 PM »
Wow

Ok so my superfan Sméagolly was purely trolling me. Nothing to see here, move on and continue discussing the album folks

Seagully

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »
NOPE i wasnt. but U the 1 IDIOT in here that was QUICK 2 REPRESENT 4 the pretentious pseudo intellectual hipster faggots of the world.
& if u WANT every1 2 discuss the ALBUM  then MAYBE U should START by doing that URSELF u self righteous HYPOCRITE?
WOW INDEED.

Will_B

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »
NOPE i wasnt. but U the 1 IDIOT in here that was QUICK 2 REPRESENT 4 the pretentious pseudo intellectual hipster faggots of the world.
& if u WANT every1 2 discuss the ALBUM  then MAYBE U should START by doing that URSELF u self righteous HYPOCRITE?
WOW INDEED.

Yada yada yada

Go back and read my posts Eric. Try listening to the album and maybe contribute on-topic yourself for once

Seagully

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
could u B trying any HARDER with ur LAME NAME GAME trolling?
u seem MORE FOCUSED on that than DISCUSSING the mediocre ROOTS ALBUM.
YADA YADA YADA INDEED.

Will_B

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »
YADA YADA YADA INDEED.

ONLY 2 U!!

Blood$

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »

Seagully

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »
YADA YADA YADA INDEED.

ONLY 2 U!!

::)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2014, 12:26:31 PM »
Have to agree with Senor Seagully. I just can't say that it applies to anyone here. One thing I hate about these fools, is that they use groups like the Roots to try and prove they know the game. They'll be riding for some lame ass rapper and then if you try to question their knowledge, they'll start bringing up names like "I listen to Roots, Pharoahe Monch, Gift of Gab"  blah blah blah. But the reality is that they really don't listen to shit, other than for a couple songs here and there. And they probably don't even understand shit those fools are rapping about ha. Or they'll bust a different move, where they criticize a well known legend or someone who can OBVIOUSLY spit like say (Eminem) and they start name dropping again just to "prove" they know what the fuck they're talking about lol.

There's nothing wrong with liking a variety of styles. Whether some can spit and others are mediocre, it's all good. This is more about these fake ass hip hop heads who clearly try too hard and pretend they know it all. It's doesn't take much to identify these fools. Dudes just need to keep it real. Even if you don't like an artist, you can still admit they have skills. And if you like an artist, you can admit they aren't that great. Just keep it 100.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:00:33 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

bouli77

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »
So Cm is known as a big TI fan on here. If im to believe the dumbass generalizations you guys are tellin me on here that means hes some street hoodlum type cat. But he listen to the Roots too. Two completely different styles of music. So how can that be n vice a versa please explain? Why would someone who listens to the Roots wanna hear TI talking about fuckin models popping bottles moving bricks if they some sensitive anti violent wimp? Shit Cormega one of my favorite rappers. He came out rappin about gangsta shit but now in his 40s damn near all his music is straight introspective music similar to the Roots shit. So if im his fan what am I? A thug or a backpacker? Its a  maturity thing thats all. Some of us actually listen to the music and can take in n appreciate all forms of good music. Doesnt define our personality cuz I know backpackers and street dudes that bump Cormega. Just like I know weak ass dudes that listen to straight gangster music and dudes who listen to the Roots who wont hesitate to slap the shit out of somebody tryin to call them sensitive.

+1, you summed it up perfectly, but that could be applied to a lot of us, not just CM. just like I told CM in the TI Turn It thread, music doesn't have barriers so the "demographic" argument is invalid, if there's authenticity, groove and talent, I'll appreciate it no matter the region/style/genre. but Seagully and Iveus are spot on on The Roots being a group monopolized by hipsters and pseudo intellectuals who like to namedrop them in a conversation to sound smart without really knowing them, it has nothing to do with their actual talent and worth, which is indisputable for every rap amateur.

Blood$

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »
So Cm is known as a big TI fan on here. If im to believe the dumbass generalizations you guys are tellin me on here that means hes some street hoodlum type cat. But he listen to the Roots too. Two completely different styles of music. So how can that be n vice a versa please explain? Why would someone who listens to the Roots wanna hear TI talking about fuckin models popping bottles moving bricks if they some sensitive anti violent wimp? Shit Cormega one of my favorite rappers. He came out rappin about gangsta shit but now in his 40s damn near all his music is straight introspective music similar to the Roots shit. So if im his fan what am I? A thug or a backpacker? Its a  maturity thing thats all. Some of us actually listen to the music and can take in n appreciate all forms of good music. Doesnt define our personality cuz I know backpackers and street dudes that bump Cormega. Just like I know weak ass dudes that listen to straight gangster music and dudes who listen to the Roots who wont hesitate to slap the shit out of somebody tryin to call them sensitive.

+1, you summed it up perfectly, but that could be applied to a lot of us, not just CM. just like I told CM in the TI Turn It thread, music doesn't have barriers so the "demographic" argument is invalid, if there's authenticity, groove and talent, I'll appreciate it no matter the region/style/genre. but Seagully and Iveus are spot on on The Roots being a group monopolized by hipsters and pseudo intellectuals who like to namedrop them in a conversation to sound smart without really knowing them, it has nothing to do with their actual talent and worth, which is indisputable for every rap amateur.

Will_B

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
Rather than u guys waste more effort trying to next guess people who you think like to make people think they like to listen to the Roots...

What do YOU think of the Roots and do you have an option on this album?

Blood$

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
Rather than u guys waste more effort trying to next guess people who you think like to make people think they like to listen to the Roots...

haven't heard the album in full yet so I can't say but the first few joints are cool

bouli77

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »

i liked undun a lot albeit a bit short i haven't peeped this one yet, i've been sleeping in 2014 i got a lot of shit to check out (the roots, iamsu, MJ, schoolboy Q, YG, yukmouth, pinata, noreaster, etc.)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
just copped ATYSYC and it sounds even better...it's sonically out there.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.