Author Topic: The Roots -...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin [Discussion Thread]  (Read 2561 times)

Seagully

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: The Roots -...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:46 AM »
yeah this group is so good that it went x1 Platinum for the first time and last time in 1999  :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roots_discography

Who cares about sales? They've consistently put out quality material through the years for their fans, that's all that matters.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2014, 06:47:28 AM »
THE ROOTS is TAILOR MADE 4 pretentious pseudo intellectual HIPSTERS.
the RADIOHEAD of "hip hop". FAGGOT SHIT.

WHEN you DISS the ROOTS and RADIOHEAD you diss YOURSELF, yo!!

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2014, 06:49:47 AM »
I really don't get these weirdos comin' in this thread to disrespect the roots. smdh......

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2014, 06:53:06 AM »
I really don't get these weirdos comin' in this thread to disrespect the roots. smdh......

For real

They got a couple albums on the All Times Great list. Anyone who knows and respects the art of rappin, knows the Roots are upper echelon GOAT material

Seagully

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:28 PM »
ANY1 that doesnt give a flyin' FUCK about an "ALL TIMES GREATEST LIST" has a MIND OF HIS OWN.

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
ANY1 that doesnt give a flyin' FUCK about an "ALL TIMES GREATEST LIST" has a MIND OF HIS OWN.

Rule no. 1 of any Art form: Respect the classics.

Seagully

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »

DOGMATIC INDOCTRINATION ALERT!!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »

aerroc

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
yeah this group is so good that it went x1 Platinum for the first time and last time in 1999  :o

Who cares about sales? They've consistently put out quality material through the years for their fans, that's all that matters.

true sometimes its not about sale but in this case it is you can tell by the sales nobodys gives a fuck bout them lol
and you cant blame the internet on this 1 :D

aerroc

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »

and they're still relevant and legendary years and years later.

only on dubcc lol :laugh:

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2014, 04:55:02 AM »
You dont last 21 years in this game if nobody cares about your music. Thats undeniable fact. As far as dubcc bein only place people care about them thats funny cuz I go to multiple hiphip sites this one talkin about them the least but this is also one of the worst message boards in terms of hiphop knowledge on the internet.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Will_B

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2014, 05:59:57 AM »
You dont last 21 years in this game if nobody cares about your music. Thats undeniable fact. As far as dubcc bein only place people care about them thats funny cuz I go to multiple hiphip sites this one talkin about them the least but this is also one of the worst message boards in terms of hiphop knowledge on the internet.

Apart from the board being populated mostly by clowns, u won't find so many West Coast heads who appreciate dope lyrics. Plus they gonna call any non-generic beats boring

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 07:43:31 AM »

Apart from the board being populated mostly by clowns, u won't find so many West Coast heads who appreciate dope lyrics. Plus they gonna call any non-generic beats boring
true.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 07:47:27 AM »