Author Topic: Bushwick Bill Talks Working On Dr Dre's "The Chronic", Details Dying  (Read 594 times)

aerroc

Bushwick Bill spoke on a range of subjects during a recent SXSW interview.

The rapper described his experience working with Dr .Dre on his classic album, "The Chronic", as well as the time he was classified as dead and then came back to life.

Bushwick Bill detailed the 1991 shooting that caused him to lose his right eye and nearly killed him.

Bushwick Bill described the bizarre events surrounding his near death experience.

“When I lost my eye I died on June 19, 1991 at approximately 4:35 and I didn’t come to until in the morgue after 7 o’clock,” he said. “They were actually getting me ready for autopsy...I had to pee so bad I pulled out the catheter and I jumped down and the cop just stood there like this and I just peed. Then I realized what I was doing, ‘cause you gotta remember, I didn’t know I was dead. I just had the biggest urge to pee and I jumped down. Then of course he ran out of the room and the technician ran out of the room [of] the morgue. Yeah, it was a serious moment. I had the toe-tag on, I was in the morgue. Dead. They didn’t have me in the hallway, they didn’t have me inside of a room waiting to transfer me. I was actually on the cold slab, getting ready to be pushed in.”

Bill's eye injury later appeared in a photo for The Geto Boys’ fourth album, "We Can’t Be Stopped".

“The day before my surgery to remove the eye,” he said, describing when the photograph was taken. “The hospital had me drugged up so I was being prepared for surgery, I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t drink anything. They had me on a bunch of medicine and I didn’t see the album cover until after it hit the shelves. Such is life.”

Bushwick Bill then detailed working on "The Chronic" with Dr Dre.

“I remember Warren G and Snoop [Dogg] inviting me to the studio and Dr. Dre’s in there with one of the guys from a Rap group called Po’ Broke & Lonely. I heard the theme to ‘Stranded On Death Row’ which reminded me of Dark Shadows, the old radio TV show, I asked him if I could say something and he said, ‘No, ‘cause I have to finish this album mix.’ And I was like, ‘C’mon, just let me say something and if it doesn’t work, then cool.’ I kept bothering him ‘til he let me say it, then he said, ‘Can you do that again?’ That’s how I got on it.”

dameons

Re: Bushwick Bill Talks Working On Dr Dre's "The Chronic", Details Dying
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »
I love this guy ! One of a kind , but dark as fuck and that is  my favorite quality. I hope for one more Geto Boys album

David Gutterman

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:35 AM »
Nardwuar vs. Bushwick Bill

123imagee

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:46:34 AM »
lol @ buggin out dre to do a fuckin intro.

JeremyM

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:33:49 AM »
"It is I, says me."

Nice interview! If the morgue story is true--and I don't know about that--it's pretty crazy.

Seagully

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »
wasn't bushwick related 2 HEINZ?

dope interVIEW, dude seems at PEACE with himself.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »

no but Gary Coleman was Heinz's father.

Seagully

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »

no but Gary Coleman was Heinz's father.

REALLY?

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
that Narduwar interview was greatness