Poll

is it?

yes
3 (21.4%)
no
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?  (Read 1830 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »

Good one, dick.

That was a joke, dude... Aside from this Ja Rule thing I know you got good taste in music and I respect your posts at the forum
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »

My whole point is that you're judging dude off of radio singles when it reality he had much deeper material than that, and the fact that you're comparing him to Timberlake shows how little you actually know. Can't say this surprises me though.

This is Ja Rule we are talking about.... He could even sound like Pac and I still wouldn't feel it.  He can do a cover to "Pain" and I still wouldn't feel it... Because you got to understand, that more than just a rapper, Pac was a great human being.   

There are many pathways to the heart.  What we hear, see, eat, think, feel, etc., all of this effects our subconscious flex... and whatever we take in is going to manifest itself one way or another.  So to recap, why I don't like Ja Rule,

1.  His music is wack
2.  Even if his music sounded good I still wouldn't listen to him because the soul and heart is lacking 

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 04:04:06 PM »
Not best but one of his better songs. I'll go with Murda 4 Life (Remix) with Cadillac Tah & Black Child 8)

Came here to say this !

Remedy360

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »

My whole point is that you're judging dude off of radio singles when it reality he had much deeper material than that, and the fact that you're comparing him to Timberlake shows how little you actually know. Can't say this surprises me though.

This is Ja Rule we are talking about.... He could even sound like Pac and I still wouldn't feel it.  He can do a cover to "Pain" and I still wouldn't feel it... Because you got to understand, that more than just a rapper, Pac was a great human being.   

There are many pathways to the heart.  What we hear, see, eat, think, feel, etc., all of this effects our subconscious flex... and whatever we take in is going to manifest itself one way or another.  So to recap, why I don't like Ja Rule,

1.  His music is wack
2.  Even if his music sounded good I still wouldn't listen to him because the soul and heart is lacking 

But you just admitted that you never even listen to him. How would you know that "heart and soul" is lacking?

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
Not best but one of his better songs. I'll go with Murda 4 Life (Remix) with Cadillac Tah & Black Child 8)

Came here to say this !

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

aerroc

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
he was a much better artist then 50 cents at least ja rule can make hits unlike 50
and he sold way more albums then 50 people wanted change and 50 fluke was that change instead all we got in return was garbage dre should have kept those beats for detox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja_Rule_discography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_discography

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »
Good song...my fav Ja joint is "how many wanna"...can't remember which soundtrack that was on but it sampled the macguyver intro song and shit was flames.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BTEFKpWHaKE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BTEFKpWHaKE</a>
(pause)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/14VPjosFJXo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/14VPjosFJXo</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »

But you just admitted that you never even listen to him. How would you know that "heart and soul" is lacking?

Don't have to listen to the whole catalog to figure it out.   Funny thing is, I just got into hip-hop when Dre came out with the Chronic.  Death Row was on top for the next 4 years.  So being a kid I kind of just got used to buying whatever the top rap albums were.  I just kind of came in at the right time when rap was experiencing its golden age.  So I was still in that habit and too young and ignorant to know that what's "hott" may not always be the real shit...

...So after Death Row first fell I was still in the habit of buying whatever was "hott" or big at the time.  So when Def Jam followed and had their little run of success with DMX, Jay-Z, and Ja Rule I bought both of DMX's first two albums, Ja Rules first album, and Jay Z's "In My Lifetime" and "Hard Knock Life".  I was also buying No Limit albums, Bad Boy and all that bullshit.  No wonder it was the worst period of my whole life and I was a fuccing idiot in those days and didn't even understand why.  That shit fuccs with your conscience when you are listening to bullshit all the time.

That type of music may sound good on the first listen but it leaves you empty and doesn't stand the test of time.  People won't be talking about Ja Rule 10 years from now but they will still be talking about Death Row.  There's a reason why you never hear a word about No Limit these days even though they basically ran the rap industry in 98.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:02:23 PM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
INFINTE'S RIGHT, JA RULE HAS ALWAYS SUCKED ASS

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
INFINTE'S RIGHT, JA RULE HAS ALWAYS SUCKED ASS

Ja has some dope songs man, don't let the Ashanti shit fool ya

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:21 PM »
I know all about ja rule...he has some mediocre stuff, but he's part of the downfall of rap

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »
I know all about ja rule...he has some mediocre stuff, but he's part of the downfall of rap

no, that was Puffy and Birdman.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
PUFFY AT LEAST BROUGHT US CLASSICS, AND CASH MONEY HAD SOME HITTERS IN THEIR DAY.....JA RULE'S ENTIRE PERSONA WAS LIKE A MUCH GAYER VERSION OF A WANNABE PAC.. SON IS JUST WHACK PERIOD.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
PUFFY AT LEAST BROUGHT US CLASSICS, AND CASH MONEY HAD SOME HITTERS IN THEIR DAY.....JA RULE'S ENTIRE PERSONA WAS LIKE A MUCH GAYER VERSION OF A WANNABE PAC.. SON IS JUST WHACK PERIOD.

how is that whack??