Author Topic: Black Thought vs. Eminem: Bar For Bar  (Read 1292 times)

Blood$

Re: Black Thought vs. Eminem: Bar For Bar
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
we're not comparing The Roots though bro lol that's a whole band of musicians where as Eminem was just him

did Black Thought ever drop a solo with no Roots involvement?

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »
Ask any one in the streets who been up on hip hop 15+ yrs they gonna say Thought. Ask internet whiteboys who dont know who Lord Jamar is they gonna say Eminem.

Hip Hop is music from the streets created by people in the streets so the streets where all the legends came from will always be to true heads what dictates whats what. Not Complex Magazine, or a motherfuckin Grammy commision, nor the throngs of people who didnt give a shit about Hip Hop until a pasty face wigger like them came in the game.

For the record, Eminem blew up solely off Dre cosigning him. Without Dre his career would have been identical to Canibus.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
just like Black Thought would be nothing and nowhere without The Roots

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

Unlikely

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »
black thought and questlove created the roots.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »
fuck the thread, make a poll  8)
no need. black thought will shit all over eminem and we all know it.

well some peeps on here are lazy and don't post but may vote in a poll, and Infinite might make 10 accounts just to vote for Em  ;D
who you pick ? I think infinite would have a logical point on why he'd choose eminem if he chose eminem. miley can't even give me a valid debate he just chasin' his tail like a bitch. it's like when black thought is compared to em some get scared of that. LOL

on albums: Eminem (well his first 3)
on the mic: Black Thought

Roots discography >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emimens tho

Eh, don't think I can actually disagree with that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »

well some peeps on here are lazy and don't post but may vote in a poll, and Infinite might make 10 accounts just to vote for Em  ;D
who you pick ? I think infinite would have a logical point on why he'd choose eminem if he chose eminem. miley can't even give me a valid debate he just chasin' his tail like a bitch. it's like when black thought is compared to em some get scared of that. LOL

In terms of consistency, yeah. But I'll take SSLP, MMLP and The Eminem Show over any Roots album...including Things Fall Apart. We're talking about three classic albums. Eminem isn't good anymore. Hasn't been since like halfway through Encore. He's got dope shit that you can fuck with here and there, but not legend, top five Em anymore. Not even close. Would Black Thought take Eminem in 2014? Drake would hold his own in 2014 against Slim. Prime for prime though...stop.

And as for the whole content thing...let's not act like The Roots haven't been the same song and dance for twenty years. You could of slipped this new single into any single albums of theirs lol.

And CM...Eminem got way more money, cars and cribs. Way more success. I mean...you agree with me that's why Em is light years better, right? That's why Cliff is better than everyone who someone on here compares him to.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:36 AM »
BLACK THOUGHT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SOLO ALBUM!  even Crooked I has more albums than BT  :D

how can you compare that to Eminem???  lmao

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
BLACK THOUGHT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SOLO ALBUM!  even Crooked I has more albums than BT  :D

how can you compare that to Eminem???  lmao
he doesn't need solo albums he's a lead member in a group. lyrically he'll decapitate eminem and even in song content he can't touch thought you can't compare a joint like ''you got me'' to ''my name is''. I can't take Eminem's album content seriously at all though he'd be phenomenal if he had better topics to rap about.  any roots album > em's discography.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

In terms of consistency, yeah. But I'll take SSLP, MMLP and The Eminem Show over any Roots album...including Things Fall Apart. We're talking about three classic albums. Eminem isn't good anymore. Hasn't been since like halfway through Encore. He's got dope shit that you can fuck with here and there, but not legend, top five Em anymore. Not even close. Would Black Thought take Eminem in 2014? Drake would hold his own in 2014 against Slim. Prime for prime though...stop.

And as for the whole content thing...let's not act like The Roots haven't been the same song and dance for twenty years. You could of slipped this new single into any single albums of theirs lol.

And CM...Eminem got way more money, cars and cribs. Way more success. I mean...you agree with me that's why Em is light years better, right? That's why Cliff is better than everyone who someone on here compares him to.
Eminem has more money, cars, and cribs maybe....but the roots are not broke and have been consistent for the past 20+ years. they are prestigious in hip hop just as you might say eminem is and even more cause they been in the game longer and are legendary. you say the same old song and dance ? you buggin' ! the roots have made some of the most thought provoking, innovative, progressive hip hop ever created i can't say the same about em.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »
You can't say Eminem was creative and innovative? LMFAO. Does this thread really need to remain open?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
You can't say Eminem was creative and innovative? LMFAO. Does this thread really need to remain open?
nothin' is creative about stickin' nine inch nails in each one of your eye lids or your mother doin' more drugs than you do. sorry nah.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/snHfdV3gw9Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/snHfdV3gw9Q</a>

Can a moderator not step in and stop this absurdity?

Blood$

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »
Eminem is without question more original and creative where as Thought is just straight bars