Author Topic: The lesson in all this  (Read 209 times)

Kaidy

Re:The lesson in all this
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2003, 02:42:45 PM »
it's so nice that all these anti-war protesters can use their freedom of speech to oppose the war apparently unaware that freedom of speech is one of many basic human rights being denied the people of iraq.

- if the people of iraq don't want liberating they were hiding it well when the aid trucks rolled into safwan. They did not look like people who were happy with the saddam regime.

Yes its true that we are blessed to have free speech. But to be honest, when you have millions of people who scream but aren't being listened to, then our freedom of speech is about as useful as free money you can't spend.

And the people they show on TV are just happy to be getting food and aid packages. It would look the same in your neighborhood if Saddam Hussein rolled thru handing out playstations

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2003, 03:25:27 PM »
These posts are getting stupider by the moment.

The pro war argument is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. All they do is conjure up an argument, then knock it down.

EX. if u are anti war, i are pro saddam, terrorist , evil doers etc

EX. if u are anti war, you are pro atrocities. you are supporting the deaths of iraqis.

Well, T Man, heres the question, which no one here has EVER answered. When has America been given the right to invade sovereign nations simply because their leader threatens their interests?

And T Man, do you HONESTLY FUCKIN THINK BUSH IS INVADING IRAQ TO LIBERATE THE PEOPLE? WHY CANT THE OPPRESSED PEOPLE OF THE WEST BANK BE LIBERATED? HOW ABOUT THE MUSLIMS OF KASHMIR? 30,000 HAS BEEN KILLED THERE IN THE LAST DECADE? HOW ABOUT CHECHNYA? WHY CANT THAT NATION BE LIBERATED.

Conclusion: This is a war that has been planned for years by the Hawks and Neo-Cons that run the current administration. The goal of this group is to restructure the entire middle east and eliminate any threat to Israels  power. Any talk of "liberation" or the "iraqi people" is bullshit and some excuse for fools to jump on the bandwagon.

Yes, it's all a conspiracy to make Israel number 1, my brother, indeed.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2003, 09:33:10 PM »

Yes, it's all a conspiracy to make Israel number 1, my brother, indeed.

No.  I wouldn't go that far.  But Isreal is America's headquarters in the middle East.  And we use Isreal to weaken the surrounding countries in the region.  Because if they weren't weak, or weren't puppet regimes, surely they would attack Isreal at every angle for it's occupation of the Palestine.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2003, 04:56:43 PM »
^^^I know we is real, but it's spelled Israel...PeAce

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2003, 10:00:38 PM »
Frankly, everyone who dissagreed with what I wrote is wrong, LOL.  I see what you're saying, you're just wrong.  

1st, Muslims hate Saadam, I KNOW this.  However, since he's a muslim, they don't want anybody messing with him.  It's worse to them, for an american to kill him than for him to kill 1 million other muslims.  Why? Because it's religious to them.  This entire thing is... they make this a holy war, because the moment anybody attacks them, that's what they claim.  

Like homie said, america isn't the world's governor.  We don't do crap unless it threatens our interests, or it is something that needs addressing.  You're right, there are many other oppressed nations, but we can't save all of them.  Why doesn't Canada get off it's lazy ass and go help some of them?  Don't be so critical of a country that does a little good, it's better than none at all.  

I stand by everything I said in my original post, I believe it all to be true.  

You said that the iraqi's weren't happy to be free.  Do you care to take that back after what we saw on t.v. today?   Pessimism.  Pessimism.  Pessimism.  It's half full, folks.