Author Topic: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?  (Read 2704 times)

Mr. Theo

Re: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:26 AM »

same way I felt about "Kuruption!" when it came out in '98

Kuruption (even though Kurupt admits he had lost his fire)... I don't remember being that disappointed in that album.  Maybe I should of been, but I wasn't.  It came out around the same time as Bad Azz Word On The Streetz and although the albums didn't blow up, for me personally it was like a West Coast resurgence in my own stereo system.

"We Can Freak It" was a jam that at the time I was able to bump like I bumped "Let's Play House", so I was pretty much satisfied with the first single.  It wasn't a catastrophic drop off like "Who Am I" was compared to "Snoop's Upside Your Head".  

Also, the Kuruption album had some hidden gems, like track #6 on the East Coast album "The Life" I must've bumped that track 1,000 times when that album came out, just looking out my window reminiscin and shit... that was a beautiful song... Also at least Kuruption did have Dre on it.  Dre even did a video and mini-movie for the song "Questions".  It had a Warren G joint as well... Daz was still hot at the time and him, Soopafly and Tray Dee helped out on a few nice joints.

So... yeah, as much as that album sucked I actually had no disappointment over Kuruption.

"The Life" is the best Kurupt "solo" ( Kurupt albums )  song ever! (feat. El Drex!)

Listen to this a whole sunday afternoon..it's timeless!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

HighEyeCue

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 09:13:56 AM »

same way I felt about "Kuruption!" when it came out in '98

Kuruption (even though Kurupt admits he had lost his fire)... I don't remember being that disappointed in that album.  Maybe I should of been, but I wasn't.  It came out around the same time as Bad Azz Word On The Streetz and although the albums didn't blow up, for me personally it was like a West Coast resurgence in my own stereo system.

"We Can Freak It" was a jam that at the time I was able to bump like I bumped "Let's Play House", so I was pretty much satisfied with the first single.  It wasn't a catastrophic drop off like "Who Am I" was compared to "Snoop's Upside Your Head".  

Also, the Kuruption album had some hidden gems, like track #6 on the East Coast album "The Life" I must've bumped that track 1,000 times when that album came out, just looking out my window reminiscin and shit... that was a beautiful song... Also at least Kuruption did have Dre on it.  Dre even did a video and mini-movie for the song "Questions".  It had a Warren G joint as well... Daz was still hot at the time and him, Soopafly and Tray Dee helped out on a few nice joints.

So... yeah, as much as that album sucked I actually had no disappointment over Kuruption.

"The Life" is the best Kurupt "solo" ( Kurupt albums )  song ever! (feat. El Drex!)

Listen to this a whole sunday afternoon..it's timeless!

yeah too bad the rest of the east disc was mostly booty...I liked about 4 songs tops

Will_B

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:08 AM »
Kuruption is def an album that sounds better at night. Take that shit out on the whip and it knocks. fucwutusay

bouli77

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
kuruption sounds better when muted, real shit  ;D

Will_B

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »

LOL

People hating on the album wayy to much doe.

Kurupt Death Row >> Kuruption

but Kuruption >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything he done since (apart from I Didn't Change and Blaqkout)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »

LOL

but Kuruption >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything he done since (apart from I Didn't Change and Blaqkout)

West Coast Disc yeah...

East coast disc Kurupt was just rambling over wack beats mostly

Will_B

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »

LOL

West Coast Disc yeah...

East coast disc Kurupt was just rambling over wack beats mostly

IMO it knocks

bouli77

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
i can't fully listen to each disc, i prefer Tha Streetz and even Space Boogie. Kurupt may not be in his prime lyrically but these two albums actually contain great entertaining songs that segue well. there are a few songs that I love on Kurupt but I just can't listen to each disc from front to back, too many fillers and boring tracks.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »
I just made my own version of "Kuruption!" of both discs with about 13 or 14 tracks...I think this way it stands well against his other albums

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »
I just made my own version of "Kuruption!" of both discs with about 13 or 14 tracks...I think this way it stands well against his other albums

Let's see it...
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »
ppl praised space boogie heavily on his forum outside of an mc ren feature and a quik beat besides fuck the world theres nothing there to remember fred wreck was on dres dick REAL hard on that album.

no homo

HighEyeCue

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »

ppl praised space boogie heavily on his forum outside of an mc ren feature and a quik beat besides fuck the world theres nothing there to remember fred wreck was on dres dick REAL hard on that album.

no homo

Fucc Da World was dope...one of the few tracks on Space Boogie I like...Bring Back that G Shit was another one...that Fred Durst track was forgettable

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »

Ok I guess not ...
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2014, 06:11:23 AM »

Ok I guess not ...

http://www.sharebeast.com/6wjvrsitlmko

WestSideDon

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
Could you just post the tracklist ?