Author Topic: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?  (Read 2755 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
It's A Set Up
Light Shit Up
Game
The Life
No Feelings
We Can Freak it (Remix)
Make Some Noize
Play My Cards
We Can Freak It
Fresh
C-Walk
That's Gangsta
Survive Another Day
Ask Yourself A Question

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
I just made my own version of "Kuruption!" of both discs with about 13 or 14 tracks...I think this way it stands well against his other albums

Ok I guess not ...

http://www.sharebeast.com/6wjvrsitlmko

Oh I thought you were going to just give me the list of the tracks ha. Just wanted to see what you liked ha. Thanks for the file though.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2014, 05:21:20 AM »
I just made my own version of "Kuruption!" of both discs with about 13 or 14 tracks...I think this way it stands well against his other albums

Ok I guess not ...

Oh I thought you were going to just give me the list of the tracks ha. Just wanted to see what you liked ha. Thanks for the file though.

no problem

getting back to Doggfather, Snoop's verse on "Downtown Assassins" definitely sounds like Tray Dee's writing

WestSideDon

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2014, 07:11:12 AM »
On the Ron Winter Productions release, the credits are a bit different if i remember correct. I used to have it some years ago.

EDIT: I was talkin' about "Tha Doggfather", in case somebody didn't get that.

Still waitin for that...

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2014, 01:00:56 AM »

Ok I guess not ...

no problem

getting back to Doggfather, Snoop's verse on "Downtown Assassins" definitely sounds like Tray Dee's writing

I just don't hear it. You could be right though but it just doesn't sound like Tray Dee to me.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2014, 06:54:58 AM »
On the Ron Winter Productions release, the credits are a bit different if i remember correct. I used to have it some years ago.

Still waitin for that...

http://www.discogs.com/Snoop-Doggy-Dogg-Tha-Doggfather/release/904848

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »

Still waitin for that...

Someone here already brought up that Tray Dee is on the credits. I'm just saying it doesn't sound like Tray Dee lyrics. I just wonder how authentic these credits are.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »

Still waitin for that...

Someone here already brought up that Tray Dee is on the credits. I'm just saying it doesn't sound like Tray Dee lyrics. I just wonder how authentic these credits are.

these aren't the original credits they are on the remastered version released in 2001

I think the OG credits might be different, have to check my CD

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 04:32:59 PM »
Vapors was the best song on the CD btw

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

Still waitin for that...

these aren't the original credits they are on the remastered version released in 2001

Speaking of Vapors, you notice the credits for the writing on that song? They got 3 fuckers on it lol. So each did a verse lol? To top it all, one dude is Big Daddy Kane and the other is Biz MArkie ha. That's hella strange!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »

Still waitin for that...

Speaking of Vapors, you notice the credits for the writing on that song? They got 3 fuckers on it lol. So each did a verse lol? To top it all, one dude is Big Daddy Kane and the other is Biz MArkie ha. That's hella strange!

you obviously don't know rap history my ese

Vapors was a 1985 song written by BDK and preformed by Biz Markie.  Snoop did a cover of the song just like Lodi Dodi was a cover of Slick Rick.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

Still waitin for that...

you obviously don't know rap history my ese

Vapors was a 1985 song written by BDK and preformed by Biz Markie.  Snoop did a cover of the song just like Lodi Dodi was a cover of Slick Rick.

I'm taking about the lyrics for Snoops Version. That doesn't mean the credits should go to BDK or BIZ. That's why I said I was questioning the authenticity of the credits.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:50:16 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
Snoop's version was 95% based on the one BDK wrote.  only the names were changed and a few minor things like "you out here servin stress" instead of "you work for UPS"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »
Snoop's version was 95% based on the one BDK wrote.  only the names were changed and a few minor things like "you out here servin stress" instead of "you work for UPS"

That doesn't mean the credits should go to them though lol. The credits make people believe that BDK wrote "Daz", "Dogg Pound" "Warren G" etc etc which he didn't. Plus, if BDK wrote the lyrics, why the fuck is Biz Markie on the credits? If this is how people get credit then I guess I just learned something new.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
you don't know how credits work then apparently.  or should they not get credit for their work???  lmao