Author Topic: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?  (Read 2703 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: 2 of the best Doggfather Songs not written by snoop himself ?
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
you don't know how credits work then apparently.  or should they not get credit for their work???  lmao

So you want BDK to get credit for Snoop naming Daz, Warren g and the Dogg Pound, while changing other words? Interesting...

By the way, don't ever say "My Ese" ha. The best way of saying it would be to just say "you obviously don't know rap history ese". Peeps going to think you're a wigger ha.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2014, 05:20:44 AM »
 ::)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »
the credits on the remastered version are very different...Snoop's name is missing from half of these tracks :-\

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »
the credits on the remastered version are very different...Snoop's name is missing from half of these tracks :-\

It's normal though according to my ese Hack.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

WestSideDon

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:59 AM »

On the link you posted snoops name is on all of the tracks besides the ones we already discussed  ???
Don't see where his name is missing from "half of these tracks"  ???

HighEyeCue

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »

On the link you posted snoops name is on all of the tracks besides the ones we already discussed  ???

he is not on Vapors, Groupie and Blueberry according to those tracks...although he doesnt really rap in Blueberry I think that was a Dogg Pound/LBC Crew track

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
snoop didn't WRITE those songs.  that's why he didn't get credit for them.

WestSideDon

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:50 AM »

he is not on Vapors, Groupie and Blueberry according to those tracks...although he doesnt really rap in Blueberry I think that was a Dogg Pound/LBC Crew track

On Vapors it's clear why the others are credited as writers, the track is a remake and there were just some minor changes to make it fit with snoops story. He is on the credits on the normal version tho, because although it's just a few new elements, he wrote them. Blueberry is obvious why, he isn't even rapping on the track and is just talking at the end, thats not really song writing, more like randomly chilling in the studio and talking on the mic. Groupie, i noticed that too, but this has to be a mistake, his verse is 100% written by himself, it clearly sounds like his writing.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2014, 07:13:13 AM »
Snoop is credited on the OG pressing of Doggfather on Vapors....the only tracks he is not credited on is Groupie, Downtown Assassins and 2001

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »

On Vapors it's clear why the others are credited as writers, the track is a remake and there were just some minor changes to make it fit with snoops story. He is on the credits on the normal version tho, because although it's just a few new elements, he wrote them. Blueberry is obvious why, he isn't even rapping on the track and is just talking at the end, thats not really song writing, more like randomly chilling in the studio and talking on the mic. Groupie, i noticed that too, but this has to be a mistake, his verse is 100% written by himself, it clearly sounds like his writing.

Exactly.

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
doggfather was a great album

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
you don't know how credits work then apparently.  or should they not get credit for their work???  lmao

So you want BDK to get credit for Snoop naming Daz, Warren g and the Dogg Pound, while changing other words? Interesting...

By the way, don't ever say "My Ese" ha. The best way of saying it would be to just say "you obviously don't know rap history ese". Peeps going to think you're a wigger ha.

or a wexican

Will_B

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »

Wouldn't go that far. But yeah there's a couple great tracks on there tho

Sccit

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »

that's why people usually go opposite of whatever u say....doggfather is tied with last meal for his 2nd best.

Will_B

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

that's why people usually go opposite of whatever u say....doggfather is tied with last meal for his 2nd best.

It is probably his 2nd best studio album yes. But it's not a 'great album' IMO

In any case Smokefest Underground is his next best project to Doggystyle. Tho I don't know what you'd class that as. Street Album??