Author Topic: Were Lord Jamar's comments discussed here?  (Read 878 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Were Lord Jamar's comments discussed here?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »
lord jamar is the truth.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
krayzy sumwhat

you talk to goddam much, i understand u need an outlet but if you could please keep your posts to a one short paragraph maximum please so we can actually attempt to understand your point of view? when we get hit with that great australian wall of text most of us scroll away as fast as possible. nothing you have to say is that important that it cant be capsized withen four sentances or less. do you need an outlet or something or are you this long winded all day in real life?

no wonder you never get laid...im being serious work on this and your social life will improve if you develop better communications skills. trust

I can type fast, what can i say. and as i was typing i kept thinking of more to say. maybe i just struggled to find the right words. plus iam a drunk lol..

And yes whites are a guest in the house of hip hop but its like immagration, you cannot stop it and its too late. It will never be the same ever again. Whites now grow up listening to white hip hop. Not like before when whites grew up listening to black hip hop.
 As i am sure there's Asians and arabs, etc that grow up listening to their own local rap now.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
You don't think the youth emulates what they see and hear on tv and on the radio/net? (adults do as well btw) Where do you think trends/fads come from? Basic research will show the ties between Hollywood and the See Eye Aye. Tv is foremost a societal engineering tool, not an entertainment tool.
Yes, I do think the youth absolutely emulates what it sees and hears on TV. But I don't think sexuality is something you imitate. The things that a person finds attractive is just something that you are more or less born with. There are certain things that just get the blood pumping a little more for each individual. Like you have these cats with foot fetishes and shit. I love women but that's not something that specifically excites me. I'm not repulsed by it or nothing but it's not something I find alluring.

Excellent question my friend. It's to destabilize the traditional family unit, which they have been extremely successful at doing, particularly in the black communities. The more this is destabilized, the more dumbed down and dependent people become, hence easier to control.  This is true no matter what race, and is a huge problem in the US. 
  That didn't really answer my question. Your explanation feels a little vague and over the map to me. I think traditional family values have been something of a misconception as it is. If we adhere to pop culture sensibility as a guiding light for our views of reality then we should believe that couples in the 1950's slept in separate beds and only acted in the most wholesome G-rated ways. They didn't.

To be any sort of player in the entertainment biz, you gotta sell your soul. Now whether you take that statement literally or not is irrelevant. You're basically agreeing to do/say ANYTHING that your bosses tell you no matter how u personally feel about it. That's a sell out, and that's been the name of the game since Hollywood and the entertainment biz started.
I would say that is generally how it works for the majority of people but we're both basing our opinions on what we are seeing from the outside looking in. I'm sure there are some exceptions.

Fraxxx

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

You don't think the youth emulates what they see and hear on tv and on the radio/net? (adults do as well btw) Where do you think trends/fads come from? Basic research will show the ties between Hollywood and the See Eye Aye. Tv is foremost a societal engineering tool, not an entertainment tool.

It's always interesting to see how the perception of such circumstances can differ so greatly.

Cuz gay people see the entertainment industry as a domain where a coming-out would in fact be career ending to many entertainers, which is why they hide their sexual orientation ALAP.

Why you think that there are rumours of so many entertainers being gay? Cuz the whole thing is a lot more complex than you portray it.
I'm quite sure Rock Hudson's reason for being gay was not because public acceptance and encourangement gave the impression that it'd be a great idea to like men.

You have to ignore quite a bit to get the (IMO very simplistic, no offence) impression that "the media is simply propagating faggotry  to destroy our society". For example the existence of homosexuals everywhere, at all times, which strongly indicates that it doesn't really depend on public promotion of a certain (often absurdly caricatured) lifestyle.
Or that homosexuals themselves often ain't too happy with the way they are portrayed in the media. Cuz it's almost always the funnyqueer, Modern Family type which hardly is a realistic representation of a group of people solely affiliated by their sexual orientation.

Excellent question my friend. It's to destabilize the traditional family unit, which they have been extremely successful at doing, particularly in the black communities. The more this is destabilized, the more dumbed down and dependent people become, hence easier to control.  This is true no matter what race, and is a huge problem in the US.

That sentence implies that "propagating faggotry" was part of and somehow responsible for destabilizing black communities. But more importantly, what do you see as the "traditional family unit"? It certainly ain't Mom, Dad and two children. That model is not that old.

I do believe, tho, that small communities as the traditional and natural social unit for us to live in are being destroyed by the system by perverting the great achievement of our western societies that is individualism and creating the illusion, that exaggerated self-importance and self-centered consumerism could compensate a lack of REAL identification with REAL people and replace REAL ways of defining and expressing our individuality.

If that is because of a secret agenda for global control or a more "organic" process  in which the people that make up "the elite" are passively, as well as  actively, molding the relevant parts of society for personal gain is another question. I just can't see a (hypothetically) growing acceptance of homosexuals not hiding their sexuality as relevant to either scenario.

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »
The one argument that Jamar touched upon that does hold some weight is people coming into the culture who have no respect and limited knowledge of its history. He mentioned how Eminem had to earn that credibility while others don't. I think there is a validity to that but you can't hold corporations responsible because they don't care. Many feel it's an agenda with them but I honestly think it just comes down to money. Greed is the ultimate motivation for them.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »
FACT: White people are a guest in the house of hip hop. Everybody else too unless you're black or Puerto Rican.

This doesn't mean every non black or boricua has to respect the culture, but if they don't then they can expect to operate without a cosign or credibility.

I agree with Jamar on that. I dont see anything controversial about it.

Not sure what he said about peter puffers though, but I'm guessing since he's black, old and a 5 percenter he's not gonna be very enlightened.