Author Topic: who likes sushi?  (Read 1298 times)

KrazySumwhat

who likes sushi?
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: who likes sushi?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »
sushi is so mainstream, it seems backwards somewhat if i meet people that 'dont eat sushi'. you non asians got better too, you guys dont just get those disgusting  california rolls anymore. but you guys still order a ton of rolls. which is basicallly american shit.

i hardly get rolls anymore, but i still do order it sometimes, but most def not the thing im looking forward to. but its pretty funny to me, when theres stuck up white people thinking their sushi experts (not generalizing, there are non asians that know their sushi, but im talking about those douche bags that 'THINK' they know), complaining and giving opinions when all they had was rolls and if you order a california roll you just lost all respect right there.

and at other times, ive see stuck up white people say "who brings kids to a sushi restaurant, they dont even eat sushi". LOL, i wasnt a kid at the time, but excuse me? i've been eating sushi since i was a child, what the hell does that have to do with anything? just because its a 'foreign' food they expect its some kind of delicacy or exotic dish that kids cant have? i really had the urge to just passively aggressively yell out "why are so many white people here?"

kids eat sushi, i was seriously appalled and a bit offended, what the fuck make her white cracker ass an expert in sushi and asian culture? its stupid as fuck, it just doesnt make sense at all. and its usually middle aged white women, god. not to mention ive met people that say "this korean bbq is not traditional", mother fucker, youre an idiot.

im a hater.

it may seem like a waste of money to some of you, but i atleast once in my life want to eat at a expensive ass omakase prob around 150-200 per person.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »
Love it, had some yesterday. Like LooN3y said it has become mainstream. I can remember being the only black guy at a sushi bar a while back feeling like Rosa Parks but those days are gone now haha.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
Love it, had some yesterday. Like LooN3y said it has become mainstream. I can remember being the only black guy at a sushi bar a while back feeling like Rosa Parks but those days are gone now haha.

yeah, i remember when i was a kid, it was all full of asians and a couple of adventurous white people

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:27:49 PM »
It's strange, sushi seems like something people either love or hate. To me it's alright, nothing amazing though.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 02:48:48 AM »
 iam actually not all that fond of sushi. I dont eat it often. I see it more as just something light to eat, like diet food or good to eat on a hot day or something.
 I love Asian food but i mostly eat Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai and Indian.
 Its pretty common like everyone said for Asian restaurants to be full of white people but there are times where i eat in the ones in the city in China town and iam pretty much the only white person and there's only chop sticks and you cant understand half the staff there.
 Depends on what style you want because some Asian restaurants are really authentic(well i think) and others seem to be more aimed at westerners/whites.
 And i go out with all my Asian work mates sometimes. But its a mix of like Vietnamese, Cambodian, white and even at times Indian and Torrens state islander, etc. I work in a very multi cultural work place.
 Its funny how much i like all things Japanese yet i dont really like their food(that i have tried). I think theres lots of Japanese in some parts of Australia but not in my city. Iam noticing Koreans becoming alot more common.
 But Chinese the main ones, Viet, theres Indian and Thai restaurants everywhere too.
 I can just walk down the street a little and theres a Vietnamese place, an Asian bakery and an Asian butcher. I think the cafe down the road is gonna get bought by Asians. Its like that romper stomper movie lol.
 I still do not feel that Ive tried real deal Japanese though. Alot of Sushi places seem to be run by Chinese. I did go to a Japanese restaurant not too long ago. They have Japanese beers like Asahi and Sapporo and it was the first time that i ever tried  real saki, you know, where they serve it in the heated little ceramic bottle.
 The food was Japanese style and there was sushi but it was all hot pot, which i would normally associate with Vietnam?
 Its funny the staff(Asian girls) where all wearing Kimono's but i swear they were talking Chinese lol.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:52:46 AM by KrazySumwhat »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:02:58 AM »
 This is what i really would like to try. When i do get over to Japan(and iam sure other parts of Asian do this too), and of course the maid cafes, where they call you master.
 Wish they had places like that here in Australia. (there is a maid cafe at Avcon which is cool).
 This would be hell fun to do with your mates, especially if you could choose the girl lol

I guess that it is possible that perhaps you could find a girl willing to do this, or pay someone. Maybe even turn it into a bukkake session afterwards? (lol)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 04:31:05 AM »
iam actually not all that fond of sushi. I dont eat it often. I see it more as just something light to eat, like diet food or good to eat on a hot day or something.
 I love Asian food but i mostly eat Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai and Indian.
 Its pretty common like everyone said for Asian restaurants to be full of white people but there are times where i eat in the ones in the city in China town and iam pretty much the only white person and there's only chop sticks and you cant understand half the staff there.
 Depends on what style you want because some Asian restaurants are really authentic(well i think) and others seem to be more aimed at westerners/whites.
 And i go out with all my Asian work mates sometimes. But its a mix of like Vietnamese, Cambodian, white and even at times Indian and Torrens state islander, etc. I work in a very multi cultural work place.
 Its funny how much i like all things Japanese yet i dont really like their food(that i have tried). I think theres lots of Japanese in some parts of Australia but not in my city. Iam noticing Koreans becoming alot more common.
 But Chinese the main ones, Viet, theres Indian and Thai restaurants everywhere too.
 I can just walk down the street a little and theres a Vietnamese place, an Asian bakery and an Asian butcher. I think the cafe down the road is gonna get bought by Asians. Its like that romper stomper movie lol.
 I still do not feel that Ive tried real deal Japanese though. Alot of Sushi places seem to be run by Chinese. I did go to a Japanese restaurant not too long ago. They have Japanese beers like Asahi and Sapporo and it was the first time that i ever tried  real saki, you know, where they serve it in the heated little ceramic bottle.
 The food was Japanese style and there was sushi but it was all hot pot, which i would normally associate with Vietnam?
Its funny the staff(Asian girls) where all wearing Kimono's but i swear they were talking Chinese lol.

they probably were chinese,

theres a whole shit load of korean sushi restaurants, mom n pop owned single establishments or mom n pop owned franchise (kabuki/oktopus), the franchise ones are pretty much casual (affordable) sushi, and some of the single owned resturants are either good  or just cheap sushi, but usually nothing GREAT. they just tell their sushi men to know a couple japanese words and the non asians wont know.

those are 4th and 3rd tier sushi places (atleast in LA)

theres 2nd and 1st tier, 2nd would probably be places like sugar fish, katsua (private owned and the off brand where they sold the brand name to some rich dude), sushi roku, JAPANESE sushi spots.

and 1st tier would basically be omakase only places (set course meal, chefs pick) i never tried a tier 1 place. sadly

sushi is an acquired taste, all my friends (asian and other) that didnt eat sushi, eventually started liking it, and even the exotic ones too Uni, Salmon Egg, etc etc.

you have to eat high end sushi at least once, its fucking delicious. its definitely different from the average spot, if im eating sushi and im picking the place, i always go to a bit more expensive place, because if your paying for sushi i rather just pay a little extra for better quality.

and theres korean and chinese style sushi (basically sashimi) as well.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
 No comment as to eating off a naked Japanese woman?
 And yeah i guess its the same with Chinese food, there's the cheap crap and then there's the more fancy pricy stuff. Like there's a Chinese restaurant in the city and its the only place in my life that i have chose big arse fish and lobsters out of a fish tank and they bring it to you still alive in a bucket to make sure your happy then go cook it.
 That's the only place that I've had real deal shark fin soup also.

But having said that, there is a Asian restaurant(they do Chinese, Viet and Thai styles) down my way(shit area, pretty far from the city) called Asian Central(how dodgy and non authentic dose that sound? lol) and i swear to god its the best place EVER to get roast duck!
 Its SO good. The serve it boneless with two different sauces and fuck me its so dam good. Roasted with crispy skin.
 Most places seem to serve it on the bone or shredded in rice or soup or sliced in thin slices served with pancakes and other filling, including sauce.
 Its the only place that I've ever eaten crocodile too.

And is it just me or are Asian restaurants really really fucking good at getting gorgeous young girls to serve you, wearing really short tight shorts n shit @,@

Another thing that has become very common here, pretty much as common as sushi, if not more is Vietnamese meat roll places. Is it like that in America too?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »
No comment as to eating off a naked Japanese woman?
 And yeah i guess its the same with Chinese food, there's the cheap crap and then there's the more fancy pricy stuff. Like there's a Chinese restaurant in the city and its the only place in my life that i have chose big arse fish and lobsters out of a fish tank and they bring it to you still alive in a bucket to make sure your happy then go cook it.
 That's the only place that I've had real deal shark fin soup also.

But having said that, there is a Asian restaurant(they do Chinese, Viet and Thai styles) down my way(shit area, pretty far from the city) called Asian Central(how dodgy and non authentic dose that sound? lol) and i swear to god its the best place EVER to get roast duck!
 Its SO good. The serve it boneless with two different sauces and fuck me its so dam good. Roasted with crispy skin.
 Most places seem to serve it on the bone or shredded in rice or soup or sliced in thin slices served with pancakes and other filling, including sauce.
 Its the only place that I've ever eaten crocodile too.

And is it just me or are Asian restaurants really really fucking good at getting gorgeous young girls to serve you, wearing really short tight shorts n shit @,@

Another thing that has become very common here, pretty much as common as sushi, if not more is Vietnamese meat roll places. Is it like that in America too?

there are many shady asian establishments, in the so cal area, just too much to name all the different types.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »
I find there are too many Korean owned Sushi restos these days, although many of them are pretty good..But I find the best restos are authentic Japanese-owned.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 10:49:13 PM »
 They seem to be a rare thing, in these parts I mean.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not just in your area..pretty much anywhere outside of Asia lol

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »
 I guess anywhere outside of Japan?

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Well, there are plenty of Japanese business owners throughout Asia and I would say a large number of them are Japanese restaurants.