Author Topic: who likes sushi?  (Read 1301 times)

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
Re: who likes sushi?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 04:23:26 AM »
I'm by no means a sushi connoseur (yes, white) but when I was in Toyko I went to this sushi spot right next to the fish market and while the prices were okay, they did offer certain "higher tier" versions of certain sushi variants. Like the regular salmon sushi went for couple of dollars a piece I'd say (was in 2009 so memory is a bit thin) but there was this one version of it that was like 10-15 dollars which I found extremely expensive but wanted to try to see what the deal is and that shit just melted in your mouth like butter. I mean, it probably wasn't on an overall "jiro dreams of sushi" level but that was amazing. Overall the whole food there was sick, I'm a huge okonomiyaki fan since. Only thing I won't ever eat again is natto, but to each their own. lol
It will always be 1993 to me.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 04:56:37 AM »
 Cant say that Japanese food overly appeals but when i get over there in a year or two i will certainly like to try the authentic stuff and try new things.
 I need to get off my arse and learn the language better also.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
I'm by no means a sushi connoseur (yes, white) but when I was in Toyko I went to this sushi spot right next to the fish market and while the prices were okay, they did offer certain "higher tier" versions of certain sushi variants. Like the regular salmon sushi went for couple of dollars a piece I'd say (was in 2009 so memory is a bit thin) but there was this one version of it that was like 10-15 dollars which I found extremely expensive but wanted to try to see what the deal is and that shit just melted in your mouth like butter. I mean, it probably wasn't on an overall "jiro dreams of sushi" level but that was amazing. Overall the whole food there was sick, I'm a huge okonomiyaki fan since. Only thing I won't ever eat again is natto, but to each their own. lol

haha yeah i can't stand natto. my grandma always tried feeding me that shit

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »
I find there are too many Korean owned Sushi restos these days, although many of them are pretty good..But I find the best restos are authentic Japanese-owned.

these days? its been, i know because im korean, and  a lot of these places started opening and catching on around 2000-04. but not too much now, of course in the boonies or non major cities they will pop up, because its an easy come up, only sushi place in the area? thats bank.

they're good for cheap sushi, but i NEVER plan to go to these places, NEVER. unless a friend works there.

there are couple korean chain sushi resturants like oktapus and kabuki, both is of similar quality but better than the usual mom n pop sushi restaurants,  but these are the dennys of sushi. So again its not somewhere i'd go to eat SUSHI, per say.

but ones i recommend that are chain/known and isnt going to be 100-200 per person, would be Sushi Roku, Katsuya (either version, recipes are the same), Omino, Sugar Fish, theres countless, im not going to name them all but those are some of the mains.

if you want to try REALLY REALLY good sushi, something i havent really tried either, is the omakase (chefs choice course meal, AND YOU HAVE TO GET COLD OMAKASE (RAW), if you get the hot one you need to slap the shit out of yourself)

When you eat sushi, you should eat sushi family style. dont be a bunch of cracker ass white boys and order individual shit. especially if you order rolls.

but if you want to expand your sushi game, dont get those typical rolls as much. maybe one or two special rolls would be good to share for the whole group, but theres so much more you can eat.

check for those sashimi appetizers, some have white fish (sea brime or halibut or red snapper) with sea salt and i forget the sauce, spicy tuna salsa seared sashimi, etc etc.

and anything with UNI is going to be good.

Im a bit of a food connoisseur, and me being asian and eating sushi since i was a kid, its easy for me to judge sushi. and usually, and of course not the case i can tell what kind quality it is (besides word of mouth and yelp and such) by looking at the establishment and the menu.

im thinking about making some sort of food blog. let people know good places and give the advice on what to order.

it really astounds me, like when my friends order to, they get the plain basic 'safe' food item thats usually found in any other restaurant.

like dudes really cant read the menu at times (as in conjuring up those ingredients in your mind)

i love the cheapest greasiest foods to the most expensive small portion gourmet dishes.

lol, i watch the food network sometimes and some of the peoples titles are 'restauranteur' , im like how the fuck do you become a restauranteur . lol

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 11:13:49 PM »
I find there are too many Korean owned Sushi restos these days, although many of them are pretty good..But I find the best restos are authentic Japanese-owned.

these days? its been, i know because im korean, and  a lot of these places started opening and catching on around 2000-04. but not too much now, of course in the boonies or non major cities they will pop up, because its an easy come up, only sushi place in the area? thats bank.

they're good for cheap sushi, but i NEVER plan to go to these places, NEVER. unless a friend works there.

there are couple korean chain sushi resturants like oktapus and kabuki, both is of similar quality but better than the usual mom n pop sushi restaurants,  but these are the dennys of sushi. So again its not somewhere i'd go to eat SUSHI, per say.

but ones i recommend that are chain/known and isnt going to be 100-200 per person, would be Sushi Roku, Katsuya (either version, recipes are the same), Omino, Sugar Fish, theres countless, im not going to name them all but those are some of the mains.

if you want to try REALLY REALLY good sushi, something i havent really tried either, is the omakase (chefs choice course meal, AND YOU HAVE TO GET COLD OMAKASE (RAW), if you get the hot one you need to slap the shit out of yourself)

When you eat sushi, you should eat sushi family style. dont be a bunch of cracker ass white boys and order individual shit. especially if you order rolls.

but if you want to expand your sushi game, dont get those typical rolls as much. maybe one or two special rolls would be good to share for the whole group, but theres so much more you can eat.

check for those sashimi appetizers, some have white fish (sea brime or halibut or red snapper) with sea salt and i forget the sauce, spicy tuna salsa seared sashimi, etc etc.

and anything with UNI is going to be good.

Im a bit of a food connoisseur, and me being asian and eating sushi since i was a kid, its easy for me to judge sushi. and usually, and of course not the case i can tell what kind quality it is (besides word of mouth and yelp and such) by looking at the establishment and the menu.

im thinking about making some sort of food blog. let people know good places and give the advice on what to order.

it really astounds me, like when my friends order to, they get the plain basic 'safe' food item thats usually found in any other restaurant.

like dudes really cant read the menu at times (as in conjuring up those ingredients in your mind)

i love the cheapest greasiest foods to the most expensive small portion gourmet dishes.

lol, i watch the food network sometimes and some of the peoples titles are 'restauranteur' , im like how the fuck do you become a restauranteur . lol

haha no joke ive noticed how much you talk about food

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »
I'm like Jiro with this shit. Chasing down fish merchants, trying to eat every high quality piece of rare fish I can find.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 12:19:01 AM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:09 AM »
 That would have been hot if she didn't bite it in half.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:42 AM »
What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****** . As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little **** . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:44 AM »
 :o Not sure how I'll sleep tonight?  ??? :D :laugh:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****** . As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little **** . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 11:36:27 PM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:03 PM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
Pretty much nothing food wise is off limits to anybody anymore.

I find it funny when my Japanese friend tries to front like him and his people are in to food white people don't know about. Like it's the 1930's or some shit.