Author Topic: This is why Daz sucks  (Read 1484 times)

Will_B

Re: This is why Daz sucks
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:59:29 AM »
DPGC U Know What I´m Thrown´Up was his last good work. And that was over 10 years ago! After that only a few tracks re shining. It´s sad.  :-\

Nah man Daz has done better since. Throwin Up was maybe the last 'house style' production etc but it sounds cheap as fuck and its all shouting

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 02:08:14 AM »
DPGC U Know What I´m Thrown´Up was his last good work. And that was over 10 years ago! After that only a few tracks re shining. It´s sad.  :-\

he did cool work with wc last year too.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:47 AM »

Nah man Daz has done better since. Throwin Up was maybe the last 'house style' production etc but it sounds cheap as fuck and its all shouting

it doesn't sound cheap (it has some dope production from Fredwreck, Soopafly and Meech Wells among others) but yeah it's the first album which he didn't produce (except for one song) and that's the album after he went crazy and started changing his flow after kurupt jumped ship to tha row (this is the life i lead was recorded before kurupt moved to death row for the most part). the album has good and very good songs but a lot of useless skits and songs ruined by daz's angry flow. It marks the end of Daz's streak of albums with quality control. This is the Life I lead is the last very solid album from Daz. Since then it's been more miss than hit but imo he did deliver with Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP which is in my opinion his most cohesive and consistent album since (with Public Enemiez even though he doesn't rap very well on that album).

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 06:56:29 AM »
whatever equipment, mindstate, studios, and flows daz was using in his prime he needs that back.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
i agree.  this new Daz album sucks except for the Dam Funk & Snoop track.  i can't figure out who he is marketing these albums to...?  His fan base don't wanna hear this fake South bullshit... and people who listen to South shit would rather listen to South artists than this Daz shit...  Why don't artists get that nobody wants to hear you make knock off imitations of some shit when they can just play the real shit?  It's like listening to Da Brat & Kris Kross in "94 when you could just listen to Snoop & Tha Dogg Pound...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
Daz might as well start releasing the death row vault music if he wants to sell anymore

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
It's like listening to Da Brat & Kris Kross in "94 when you could just listen to Snoop & Tha Dogg Pound...

except that da brat and kriss kross were emulating good music and ended up making good music too, which clearly isnt the case right here. so I don't mind listening to knock offs when it's done well.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »
http://tinypic.com/r/9a1gfd/8
not a single track is produced by him his a lazy f these days.

Don't think he's lazy. I think it's lack of inspiration, like Dre.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »
Daz might as well start releasing the death row vault music if he wants to sell anymore

That's exactly what I was thinking recently. Snoop,  Kurupt, Daz and Nate's family should put the songs on iTunes and Amazon at 99 cents/pence each and they would make a lot of money and fans would be happy. They didn't used to have the outlet and opportunities 10-15 years ago as they do now as everyone buys or downloads mp3's now. The last time anything worthwhile from those days was released by them, it was on a few Welcome To The Chuuuch CDs.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
It's like listening to Da Brat & Kris Kross in "94 when you could just listen to Snoop & Tha Dogg Pound...

except that da brat and kriss kross were emulating good music and ended up making good music too, which clearly isnt the case right here. so I don't mind listening to knock offs when it's done well.
true, they made some good music i can admit... the difference is they didn't have a fan base to abandon and alienate

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »
the beats on Weed Money don't sound Southern though... just cheap and weak lol

smp4life

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2014, 08:37:54 PM »
Daz was good when he worked with Mike Dean. This is the Life I LEad record was a banger.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Daz was good when he worked with Mike Dean. This is the Life I LEad record was a banger.

you mean "these books i read", right?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »

underrated album 8)

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:28 PM »
someone has to post it so here goes :