Author Topic: Was Tha Realest Laying Down Vocals On 2pac Releases? & Jewell Not Scared Of Suge  (Read 2400 times)

MOBNigga06

such a fucking shame if this is all true    although i can't be surprised because Tha Realest was used on the Life Goes On clean version

Never knew that about the clean version of Life Goes On...crazy shit. I'm bumping the song now, it's really obvious that the clean variants are not Pac. You can hear the Texas twang in some of Releast's vocals, like when he says "mash":

As for the whole issue of Realest's vocals on posthumous Pac tracks, I doubt that he's on more than a few tracks. We have the original versions of most of the Posthumous songs by now, so it can't be thought that they tried to pass off inauthentic verses as Pac's own. My guess is that the only thing Tha Realest did was "touch up" a few Pac songs. But for Big D that alone was probably enough to make him disgusted with the whole enterprise of posthumous releases.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

DeeezNuuuts83

I would definitely like to know which posthumous songs have vocals from Tha Realest on them. My guess is that a few of them probably have adlibs from him, and probably some others have him recording Pac verses where the vocals were defective in some way. Like in one of the versions of Playa Cardz Right, a few words are missing - wouldn't be surprised if Tha Realest filled them in on songs with similar omissions.

If I had to guess one posthumous song that has vocals from Tha Realest on it, I would pick Changes. If you listen to the OG and you listen to the version on Greatest Hits, Pac's voice sounds very different. When the version on Greatest Hits was released, most people I know assumed it was a song from the Death Row era, not 1992, because Pac sounded older on the song. Of course, it might not be Tha Realest, it might just be some of the same voice alteration techniques used on Loyal to the Game.

It would make sense if Changes features vocals from Tha Realest, since they used Realest in the video for Unconditional Love - another song released on Greatest Hits. Maybe there are also Realest vocals on the version of Troublesome 96 released on Greatest Hits.
I think you're wrong on all counts, regarding the songs.  It's been said that Playa Cardz Right in retail form may have originated from a different take or a different vocal layer of the track, for whatever reason.  And like someone else said, while Greatest Hits was a joint project between Amaru and Death Row, Changes was more of an Amaru effort, while the other Death Row-era unreleased tracks were Death Row's efforts.

With Realest having been on Death Row at some time, it's likely that his only vocal contributions were limited to additional layers on existing songs that ended up getting released on either Until the End of Time or Better Dayz.

Craig Frazier

• Lil Geezy
I would definitely like to know which posthumous songs have vocals from Tha Realest on them. My guess is that a few of them probably have adlibs from him, and probably some others have him recording Pac verses where the vocals were defective in some way. Like in one of the versions of Playa Cardz Right, a few words are missing - wouldn't be surprised if Tha Realest filled them in on songs with similar omissions.

If I had to guess one posthumous song that has vocals from Tha Realest on it, I would pick Changes. If you listen to the OG and you listen to the version on Greatest Hits, Pac's voice sounds very different. When the version on Greatest Hits was released, most people I know assumed it was a song from the Death Row era, not 1992, because Pac sounded older on the song. Of course, it might not be Tha Realest, it might just be some of the same voice alteration techniques used on Loyal to the Game.

It would make sense if Changes features vocals from Tha Realest, since they used Realest in the video for Unconditional Love - another song released on Greatest Hits. Maybe there are also Realest vocals on the version of Troublesome 96 released on Greatest Hits.
I think you're wrong on all counts, regarding the songs.  It's been said that Playa Cardz Right in retail form may have originated from a different take or a different vocal layer of the track, for whatever reason.  And like someone else said, while Greatest Hits was a joint project between Amaru and Death Row, Changes was more of an Amaru effort, while the other Death Row-era unreleased tracks were Death Row's efforts.

With Realest having been on Death Row at some time, it's likely that his only vocal contributions were limited to additional layers on existing songs that ended up getting released on either Until the End of Time or Better Dayz.

agree with most of what you said until the last part... there is no evidence that there has ever been any realest vocals on any retail pac song besides his adlibs from life goes on and that unreleased troublesome mix of him doing the same thing that could exist in full..... and i dont think amaru would have let that slide at the time...

if the realest was recording over pac tracks, then they havent leaked yet... but besides him doing clean edits for some pac songs i dont seen any reason for him to be needed on a track... unless he was a guest artist....

jmix

U can be touched OG is clearly Tha Realest.

Hack Wilson - real

i doubt this

Craig Frazier

• Lil Geezy
u can be touched is definitely not the realest... dont believe the lies...

i doubt this

me too! lol.. never heard of such a thing until today... all someone has to do is listen to the og to know that its pac lol..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:51:08 AM by Craig Frazier »

Eric - Dubcnn.com

Hey J-Mix, please play Darryl "Only Move 4 Money", and ask him his opinion on the lines "Three words to make a motherfucker's heart burst".

jmix

i doubt this

me too! lol.. never heard of such a thing until today... all someone has to do is listen to the og to know that its pac lol..

you think? ask tha realest. here is a bit of his response via Yossy:

I checked up with tha Realest, he didn't give a clear answer. What he said was something along the lines of: This is the song that was suppose to stay unreleased. I was on the track and so was pac, this is the track i made together with pac, homie. We were just trying things out with the instrumental and vocals because the verse was intended to be for the homie Napoleon.

That is what Yossy said. Is it true? I dont know. But I am reaching out to Tha realest for confirmation.

Hack Wilson - real

Hey J-Mix, please play Darryl "Only Move 4 Money", and ask him his opinion on the lines "Three words to make a motherfucker's heart burst".

wow, really now?   lol that's clearly Pac. all eyez on me era.

Craig Frazier

• Lil Geezy

i doubt this

you think? ask tha realest. here is a bit of his response via Yossy:

I checked up with tha Realest, he didn't give a clear answer. What he said was something along the lines of: This is the song that was suppose to stay unreleased. I was on the track and so was pac, this is the track i made together with pac, homie. We were just trying things out with the instrumental and vocals because the verse was intended to be for the homie Napoleon.

That is what Yossy said. Is it true? I dont know. But I am reaching out to Tha realest for confirmation.

your being lied to! or maybe there is a version with him doing the vocals instead... but the 2 versions that are leaked with the pac verse is definitely pac...

there is nothing that says that the realest wasnt doing pac vocals... but just think... why would he? why would they get him on a pac track to do pointless adlibs when they could just have him spit his own verse as a guest artist and really promote him.. promote their future......

i can see him doing clean versions for life goes on and troublesome.. that would make sense for radio... i believe they had him prolly re-record the entire tracks and then just use whatever vocals of his were needed..... but anything else i couldnt see happening and couldnt see amaru letting them do that...

now if he was in death row studios doing some weird azz shit to pac tracks then maybe thats the case.. lol.. but nothing has been leaked yet besides the life goes on radio version..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:57:13 PM by Craig Frazier »

Hack Wilson - real

yeah the rumors of the Realest taking Pac verses, re recording them and then deleting the Pac DAT have been around for a decade or so now

DeeezNuuuts83

agree with most of what you said until the last part... there is no evidence that there has ever been any realest vocals on any retail pac song besides his adlibs from life goes on and that unreleased troublesome mix of him doing the same thing that could exist in full..... and i dont think amaru would have let that slide at the time...
Darryl Harper already said he knew for a fact that it had been done, and he could recognize it when he listens to them side-by-side, meaning the original versions (whether they're the ones that he has or the ones that leaked to the public, which likely don't have Realest on them since the majority of them hit the scene in 1997 before Realest was even recording as Realest and rapping with that style) to the remixed retail releases.

The FIRST time it was suggested that Realest may have been adding vocals was on some older website (I think it was freetupac.com or something like that, whichever one was affiliated with hitemup.com/streethop.com), and Ballad of a Dead Souljah was the first song named.  I'm not saying that it's proof, but it's not a new theory, and yeah, there are some adlibs toward the end of the song that do kind of sound like Realest.

Amaru wouldn't KNOWINGLY let it slide, but it's not as if it couldn't have been slipped in under their noses, since they probably just get the finished product and either approve it or send it back, and it's not like Pac's mom is listening to each millisecond of audio, listening for imperfections (or impersonators).  This is why you have some songs that had Death Row references taken out, coincidentally all remixed by Johnny J (as I doubt Amaru would go out of their way to remove those references only for certain songs, which is what Johnny J claimed but likely wasn't true), while other songs on the same project kept the Death Row references intact (i.e. All Out, Until the End of Time).  So obviously you didn't have Amaru heads going through the songs and going, "Wait a minute, what words did they take out from that song?"

if the realest was recording over pac tracks, then they havent leaked yet... but besides him doing clean edits for some pac songs i dont seen any reason for him to be needed on a track... unless he was a guest artist....
Unfortunately I believe that this did happen.  Look at the lyrics for They Wanna Be Like Us... it sounds too much like Pac that it's ridiculous.  Even the content was pretty much about Pac's own life like he wrote it.

MOBNigga06

Darryl Harper already said he knew for a fact that it had been done, and he could recognize it when he listens to them side-by-side, meaning the original versions (whether they're the ones that he has or the ones that leaked to the public, which likely don't have Realest on them since the majority of them hit the scene in 1997 before Realest was even recording as Realest and rapping with that style) to the remixed retail releases.

The FIRST time it was suggested that Realest may have been adding vocals was on some older website (I think it was freetupac.com or something like that, whichever one was affiliated with hitemup.com/streethop.com), and Ballad of a Dead Souljah was the first song named.  I'm not saying that it's proof, but it's not a new theory, and yeah, there are some adlibs toward the end of the song that do kind of sound like Realest.

Amaru wouldn't KNOWINGLY let it slide, but it's not as if it couldn't have been slipped in under their noses, since they probably just get the finished product and either approve it or send it back, and it's not like Pac's mom is listening to each millisecond of audio, listening for imperfections (or impersonators).  This is why you have some songs that had Death Row references taken out, coincidentally all remixed by Johnny J (as I doubt Amaru would go out of their way to remove those references only for certain songs, which is what Johnny J claimed but likely wasn't true), while other songs on the same project kept the Death Row references intact (i.e. All Out, Until the End of Time).  So obviously you didn't have Amaru heads going through the songs and going, "Wait a minute, what words did they take out from that song?"

Unfortunately I believe that this did happen.  Look at the lyrics for They Wanna Be Like Us... it sounds too much like Pac that it's ridiculous.  Even the content was pretty much about Pac's own life like he wrote it.

Homie listen to the lyrics on "U Can Count on Me," "Slow Down," "We're Untouchable," "Incase I Don't Wake Up"....Tha Realest's early songs on Death Row are so imitative of Pac's content and concepts, it's incredible.

I'm a fan of Tha Realest and I think his music is dope, but the early work on Death Row really is amazingly derivative. All the songs listed above plainly reflect Suge's command: write some songs that sound like Pac songs. That being said, I think they're all really dope regardless of how imitative they are.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

Could you post a link to the particular version you're referring to?

I just listened to the OG that I have, and I never once thought it was Tha Realest, but I can see how it might be him. The voice is a little deeper than normal - when the chorus comes on, the difference in the voice is noticeable.

This would at least explain why there is no Pac verse on the Still I Rise version...it never made sense to me why they'd withhold a perfectly good Pac verse and replace it with a Napolean verse. That's like throwing money down the toilet.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Enya

• 'G'
Tha Realest is not on U Can Be Touched... end of story

He did the radio versions of Life Goes On and Troublesome '96 that's it.
Visit Tha Realest's fan forum!
http://tharealest.forumer.com/index.php

Also visit the official website.
http://www.tharealest.com/