Author Topic: The funniest shit about this whole war with Iraq is....  (Read 801 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:The funniest shit about this whole war with Iraq is....
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2003, 10:53:34 AM »
without the US and UK how much power does the UN have.....95% of your power is going against you

that 95% being the US and UK

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2003, 01:29:16 PM »
vetoing any condemnation of Israel.

Keep this in mind:
There has been a genocide in Rwanda, an ethnic cleansing in Yugoslavia, periodic and horrifying communal "strife" in Indonesia's East Timor, the "disappearance" of a few hundred thousand refugees in the Congo, a decades-long and culturally devastating occupation of Tibet by the People's Republic of China . . . but none of those U.N. member states has ever been subjected to the rebuke of a General Assembly "emergency special session." Israel has, though, repeatedly.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2003, 06:07:08 PM »
I fully understand that in recent years the UN has failed miserable in Rwanda, Yugoslavia etc. However, UN inaction doesnt in any way change the fact that the US has undermined it for decades. Yes, Israel has been chastised when Rwanda goes free, but that doesnt change the fact that Israel was criticized.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2003, 11:57:35 AM »
I think some rational thinking should be brought to this thread.

I believe bush is a relatively evil (and slightly stupid man). However I dont think you can compare him to saddam in terms of evil, because saddam is pure evil. Bush I feel however is more of a threat to world stability, and that is what worries people. Look at his record post clinton : He's started two wars. He has undermined the UN and left it in tatters, he has split the EU down the middle, he has created the biggest global political controvery in most of our memories, and now he is bombing baghdad live on television. Now that is a threat to world stability.

I have been saying what tech's leading statement was from day one. It's hypocrisy. Fortunately Tony Blair is bringing some stabilty to this alliance by effectively setting israel as one of the conditions for going to war hand in hand with america. If that can be achieved, then maybe we will see a more peaceful world.

Now someone said that we only hate bush coz he is american. That is as wide of the mark as possible. Pre-Bush, Ireland had no anti-american sentiment to speak of, in factg we loved america, because of historical ties, and the good work of clinton in our own peace process. How the tables have turned however. In a matter of months we have people ridiculing the us president in workplaces and in school canteens, where politics rarely enters. This is anti-bush administration, not anti-american, but unfortunately we are getting the impression that americans agree with his stance and this is causing people to find difficulty differentiating between bush and america. In Bush's term so far he has turned america from being the savior to the villian of the western world, and he's only half way through.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2003, 02:50:51 PM »
I think some rational thinking should be brought to this thread.

I believe bush is a relatively evil (and slightly stupid man). However I dont think you can compare him to saddam in terms of evil, because saddam is pure evil. Bush I feel however is more of a threat to world stability, and that is what worries people. Look at his record post clinton : He's started two wars. He has undermined the UN and left it in tatters, he has split the EU down the middle, he has created the biggest global political controvery in most of our memories, and now he is bombing baghdad live on television. Now that is a threat to world stability.

I have been saying what tech's leading statement was from day one. It's hypocrisy. Fortunately Tony Blair is bringing some stabilty to this alliance by effectively setting israel as one of the conditions for going to war hand in hand with america. If that can be achieved, then maybe we will see a more peaceful world.

Now someone said that we only hate bush coz he is american. That is as wide of the mark as possible. Pre-Bush, Ireland had no anti-american sentiment to speak of, in factg we loved america, because of historical ties, and the good work of clinton in our own peace process. How the tables have turned however. In a matter of months we have people ridiculing the us president in workplaces and in school canteens, where politics rarely enters. This is anti-bush administration, not anti-american, but unfortunately we are getting the impression that americans agree with his stance and this is causing people to find difficulty differentiating between bush and america. In Bush's term so far he has turned america from being the savior to the villian of the western world, and he's only half way through.

So, you think Bush is out to kill people who get in his plan to take over the world? Have you ever seen Pinky and the Brain?

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2003, 09:57:47 AM »
Well I doubt he sets out to do it, but it hasnt bothered him so far. 8 Iraqis including 5 children were shot dead by US troops for not stopping at a checkpoint when there were no signs in arabic and apparently these soldiers acted "right". Now if a president was good at heart he would come out and condemn such aimless killings not condone them, because at the root of it he sent the troops there and what blood they spill is on his hands.

And yeah i used to watch pinky and the brain. Quality tv lol
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2003, 10:29:24 AM »
the reason why they did this was becuase of undercover soldier dressing as civilians  killing soldiers when they say they're going to surrender

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2003, 01:37:17 AM »
He's started two wars.

Iraq and...

???

I really hope you aren't going to say afghanistan.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2003, 12:06:22 PM »
Well, despite the moral justifications and excuse for war, technically Bush DID start a war in Afghanistan. This is an undeniable fact.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2003, 12:10:56 PM »
Well, despite the moral justifications and excuse for war, technically Bush DID start a war in Afghanistan. This is an undeniable fact.
Excuse?
Sorry, 3000 peoples lives weren't an "excuse" to start a war...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2003, 12:29:08 PM »
what about the illuminati
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2003, 12:43:01 PM »
Iraq and afghanistan.
Afghanistan was more justified though I still didnt agree with it, after all they didnt get bin laden.

But the point is he started 2 wars, justified or not.
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2003, 02:01:09 PM »
Excuse?

Yes it was. 3000 peoples lives was an excuse to take another 4000 peoples lives. But this is besides the point. The fact is, Bush started 2 wars already,

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2003, 02:03:43 PM »
If an american terrorist had fucked the WTC, they would have bombed their own country?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Quakaveli

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2003, 03:59:06 PM »
Excuse?

Yes it was. 3000 peoples lives was an excuse to take another 4000 peoples lives. But this is besides the point. The fact is, Bush started 2 wars already,

yeah that is waaay beside the point...its BULLSHIT. What you are implying is that we used the terrorist attack purely to murder Afghanistanis...lmao paranaoid faghan