Author Topic: Dissin Daz, Snoop, Dre, Kurupt, should all be off limits at this forum...  (Read 1637 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Negative. If they're going to continue to hang around, they deserve a diss if they continue to put out weak garbage. You need to know when you're time is up. I wouldn't care if I never heard another song from any of them, including Dre.

Eminem is twice as big of a legend and twice as big of a name and he gets bashed here all the time.

I made this post for the West Coast section and this is a West Coast forum, so that's why I was suggesting a tribute to the West Coast legends.  I wouldn't expect people to hold a non-West Coast artist in such high regard... but me personally, yeah, Eminem is a legend as big as anybody other than Pac.

...As for Kurupt, a lot of you weren't even around when that Dogg Pound album dropped.  I mean...I was already in the 8th grade year of school by that time.. I just can never forget man, I had been out the night before, all night with my homies, messing around with this girl Tasha from my school.. and then in the morning Suge, Daz, and Kurupt were on MTV talking about the coming Dogg Pound album.  And Kurupt and Daz were always just like Snoop's homies, they were down to Earth.  They weren't like superstars, and here they were about to go double platinum.  That was just one of my all-time Top 5 moments in hip-hop.  There was a lot of controversy at the time about Death Row gettin dropped by Time Warner, and rap gettin shut down. And here they were puttin it down and the album came flawless.

yet you've never heard any albums by Spice 1 or Too Short  ::)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Spice 1.. no.  First you got to have one song I like before I will check out your album.  Too Short.. yes.  I had his album from 96' with "Gettin It" and that was the only good song
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
shit is sickning right? dude claims to a legit member of the hip hop culture and his love for africa stems from hip hop but yet his knowlwdge of the overall culture is like a fragment of whats out there.

he claims to be a rugged battle tested mc w a sincere love for the culture.

BUT only if that culture involves the nwa family tree or KRS ones dusty ass. got news for you slick your missing about 20 years (2/3 of hip hops existance) why dont you go pay some dues brian....go watch beat street and krush groove listen to some tla rock and mc shan...buy a melle mel album, go back and listen to paid in full and long live the kane. go listen to public enemys first two albums you prolly wont even know who im referring to with out a google or wikipedia check. you are the wolf in sheeps clothing. you are a culture vulture parading around like your this diplomatic hip hop purist. your blind baby...blind to the facts of who you are baby.

Hack Wilson - real

Spice 1.. no.  First you got to have one song I like before I will check out your album.  Too Short.. yes.  I had his album from 96' with "Gettin It" and that was the only good song

1-you don't like Jealous Got Me Strapped, Can't Turn Back, I'm Losin It or Gangsta Team?

2-How the hell have you never heard "Face of a desperate man"???

Hack Wilson - real

shit is sickning right? dude claims to a legit member of the hip hop culture and his love for africa stems from hip hop but yet his knowlwdge of the overall culture is like a fragment of whats out there.

BUT only if that culture involves the nwa family tree or KRS ones dusty ass. got news for you slick your missing about 20 years (2/3 of hip hops existance) why dont you go pay some dues brian....go watch beat street and krush groove listen to some tla rock and mc shan...buy a melle mel album, go back and listen to paid in full and long live the kane. go listen to public enemys first two albums you prolly wont even know who im referring to with out a google or wikipedia check. you are the wolf in sheeps clothing. you are a culture vulture parading around like your this diplomatic hip hop purist. your blind baby...blind to the facts of who you are baby.

Brian probably thinks Big Daddy Kane was just some 2pac associate in the One Nation era like Asu

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Eminem is not twice the legend of Dre....quite the contrary, actually

Hands down. Em's popularity quintuples Dre's.

Not saying Dre isn't literally right under Eminem & doesn't have more to do with the landscape of Hip Hop all-time. But in the eyes of the rest of the world (honestly can't even lie...probably because like all of Europe Em is white), Em means more. Probably due to Em's impact for the last 14 years & Dre just becoming more & more irrelevant everyday since The Marshall Mathers LP dropped.

Sccit

if u don't listen to spice-1 then u don't love 2pac

Sccit

Not saying Dre isn't literally right under Eminem & doesn't have more to do with the landscape of Hip Hop all-time. But in the eyes of the rest of the world (honestly can't even lie...probably because like all of Europe Em is white), Em means more. Probably due to Em's impact for the last 14 years & Dre just becoming more & more irrelevant everyday since The Marshall Mathers LP dropped.

legends are not measured by popularity

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Definitely a factor. It's all perception. I agree if you compared resumes, Dre has done way more to be considered a bigger legend. But Eminem has the relevance, the ethnicity & the actual bars to be worldwide considered a bigger player.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
2pac idolized kane

Sccit

Definitely a factor. It's all perception. I agree if you compared resumes, Dre has done way more to be considered a bigger legend. But Eminem has the relevance, the ethnicity & the actual bars to be worldwide considered a bigger player.

william hung is a bigger legend than rakim

Hack Wilson - real

lmao    william hung is a legend to who???

bouli77

on point el

watch Infinite evade this thread with the quickness lol, as soon as someone really puts him in check he always becomes the dodge master (see his recent thread "exposing" nik)

to answer the initial question, of course it shouldn't, this is a forum this isn't a temple or a church, the point of a forum is to debate and confront diverging opinions, and these cats' careers are definitely not without reproach, plus it's music, so not everybody's supposed to like the same thing, many westcoast fans with who are way more knowledgeable than Infinite in westcoast gangsta rap (not a spectacular feat by any means) don't even like dogg food that much.

if u don't listen to spice-1 then u don't love 2pac

haha

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
hes not even up on the history of the west coast...nigga do you know who toddy tee is? u ever heard the egyptian lover? mix master spade? bobby jimmy and the critters.

get the fuck outta here you ignorant bitch.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Egypt is the place to be Egypt Egypt Egyptian lover baby