Author Topic: Lil Eazy-E sends a message to Kendrick Lamar and The Game  (Read 2434 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Lil Eazy-E sends a message to Kendrick Lamar and The Game
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 07:21:13 AM »
I think eazy's kids should stop rappin'.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »
i think Lil E´s Problem was that Game was usin too much the Brandname Eazy e and that was maybe the problem with him..
While Game was talking about dead legends far too much during the earlier portion of his career, I don't think it was ever at a point where someone needed to go at him for it.  Lil E fucked up because it's not like he had another avenue into the mainstream aside from Game, and to make it worse, he's not even a good rapper either.  There's a lot more shit I'd rather listen to than even a free Lil E mixtape.

EAZY-LI

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »
problem with lil eazy is he thinks his entitled to success dude wont even drop his album
unless his dead sure its going to blow up.

he shouldn't of dissed game and when he did diss game should of lest of done it while running behind
50 cent so he could get a little of that g-unit buzz lol

he needs to go ride Kendrick and ice cube nuts big time! if he wants to get anywhere now lol
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

abusive

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
If I was Lil' Eazy I would start putting out product now and cross promote it with the up and coming NWA film slated for release next year. He should let the film company pay all the money for promo of the film but ride the media wave to advance his own career. So while people asking questions about his pops in interviews he can slip in his release date from time to time.

He needs to get it poppin' now though so by the time the hype for the film starts he'll already have his foot in the door. Being blackballed don't mean a damn thing! I'm sure he was blackballed from the get go. Yall act like everyone loved Eazy and that Interscope probably didn't already have them blackballed on the strength of Dre and DR.

Is Lil' Eazy Crippin' like his pops?

Whatever happened to that Ruthless Propaganda documentary that was suppose to drop on Eazy-E?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
If I was Lil' Eazy I would start putting out product now and cross promote it with the up and coming NWA film slated for release next year. He should let the film company pay all the money for promo of the film but ride the media wave to advance his own career. So while people asking questions about his pops in interviews he can slip in his release date from time to time.
That won't happen.  I highly doubt anyone outside of internet forums would care to interview him about Eazy-E/NWA when they can just interview the remaining members of NWA or people from Ruthless.  Yes, he's Eazy's eldest son, but let's be honest about it.  Eazy was busy being both an artist and a record label exec, plus he had several other kids with almost as many women... his attention devoted to his kids is already split up, trying to visit all of those different households.  What useful or interesting stories would Lil E have that we couldn't get from anyone else who was both around Eazy a lot more and old enough to have real memories worth telling?

He needs to get it poppin' now though so by the time the hype for the film starts he'll already have his foot in the door. Being blackballed don't mean a damn thing! I'm sure he was blackballed from the get go. Yall act like everyone loved Eazy and that Interscope probably didn't already have them blackballed on the strength of Dre and DR.
They didn't have them blackballed... Death Row just became the king of the hill, but not necessarily the dictator of hip-hop with enough power to shut anyone down (though that could've happened in 1996-1997).  Eazy was still putting out albums, and Ruthless was big enough to keep going.  Remember this little group called Bone Thugs-N-Harmony?  You can't go multiplatinum and be blackballed.  Creepin on ah Come Up and E. 1999 Eternal were huge successes.

Not sure, he's at least cool with KPCC though.  Remember, that DVD that came with The Documentary had Game going to visit Lil E in their hood with a lot of those KPCC heads there.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »
i think Lil E´s Problem was that Game was usin too much the Brandname Eazy e and that was maybe the problem with him..

game was pushin him like his blackwall artists like eastwood,tech,clyde carson,juice,chysro etc. and lil e knows that.

But how ass backwards is that? Eazy has always been the forgotten legend, hell Aaliyah / Left Eye usually get the usual RIP mention along with Pac/Biggie but rarely Eazy. Game brought a lot of light back to Eazy, you'd think his son would appreciate it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

abusive

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »
That won't happen.  I highly doubt anyone outside of internet forums would care to interview him about Eazy-E/NWA when they can just interview the remaining members of NWA or people from Ruthless.  Yes, he's Eazy's eldest son, but let's be honest about it.  Eazy was busy being both an artist and a record label exec, plus he had several other kids with almost as many women... his attention devoted to his kids is already split up, trying to visit all of those different households.  What useful or interesting stories would Lil E have that we couldn't get from anyone else who was both around Eazy a lot more and old enough to have real memories worth telling?

They didn't have them blackballed... Death Row just became the king of the hill, but not necessarily the dictator of hip-hop with enough power to shut anyone down (though that could've happened in 1996-1997).  Eazy was still putting out albums, and Ruthless was big enough to keep going.  Remember this little group called Bone Thugs-N-Harmony?  You can't go multiplatinum and be blackballed.  Creepin on ah Come Up and E. 1999 Eternal were huge successes.

Not sure, he's at least cool with KPCC though.  Remember, that DVD that came with The Documentary had Game going to visit Lil E in their hood with a lot of those KPCC heads there.
Fam let me explain something to you so you can understand. This is to you and everyone reading because I seem to get challenged the most on my post. I am subscribed to over one hundred youtube Hip hop channels that I check out daily. The reason for this is because I love the game and I'm a student of it and I ran hip Hop site that I utilized the content for. I know how the interview game works as fan and from first hand experience. If I say some some ish like I did above you can take it to the bank! No one outside of a few even knows who any of Eazy's children are aside from Lil' eazy who bares not only his name but also his resemblance. The artist mentioned above I never heard of him and I doubt I'm not the only one.

The NWA movie looks like it's being done properly so there will be lots of press before and after the release. Someone like Lil' Eazy will be getting hit up for press and he also has the ability to hit up various venues for press himself. Look at it this way; Let's say you aren't one of the big dogs who can land a Dre, Cube, or even Yella interview. Your next best choice would be like someone like Eazy's son. He is and will probably always be the closest that people will ever be able to get to Eazy. It's more than just about telling stories of his late dad too, there are many different angles he could attack this from. It all depends on what type of hustler he is. What I mentioned above was similar to what JT The Bigga Figga did with his Game cd. He let Interscope push Games official album and he dropped his Game music at the same damn time. I suggesting that Lil Eazy do something similar. Text, audio and/or video Lil' Eazy can make himself a public figure on the strength of the NWA movie while at the same time promoting his music. I stand by that statement. Also, you say internet forums like that doesn't mean millions of people. You are reading this but so are  artist, industry heads and just fans from around the world who are all potential fans, consumers and business partners. Let's not try to downplay the power of the internet just to prove a point.

As far as blakballing goes, there are several forms that it takes. Look at Spider Loc for example. Jimmy Ivonne wouldn't mess with him until his picture was taken down from the DR website. That doesn't mean he put out calls to stop him from eating, it just means he couldn't eat with him. Crooked I was getting blackballed too to the point where he couldn't perform in some venues. Eminem bragged about having others black balled on the track him and Dre did on the Eminem Show - 'Say what you say". All that happened by making enemies with people signed on Interscope. You think Ruthless and Ruthless artist were somehow exempt?

Lil' Eazy in the past said that when he first tried to get on labels acted like they aint even know who his dad was. I don't see how that's possible, I believe that was there way off saying they didn't want to be affiliated with him based on his pops. What you did though was confirmed what I already said and that's blackballing aint ish! Yes it goes on but there are always ways around it which was/is my point. But yes you can go multi platinum and still be blackballed if the relationships are strong enough. Micheal Jackson was being blackballed up until the time of his death by the Sony powers.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
it would be sweet if they could do an album with dude and use recording scraps and adlibs and shit to lend e's presence to his project.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »
As far as blakballing goes, there are several forms that it takes. Look at Spider Loc for example. Jimmy Ivonne wouldn't mess with him until his picture was taken down from the DR website. That doesn't mean he put out calls to stop him from eating, it just means he couldn't eat with him. Crooked I was getting blackballed too to the point where he couldn't perform in some venues. Eminem bragged about having others black balled on the track him and Dre did on the Eminem Show - 'Say what you say". All that happened by making enemies with people signed on Interscope. You think Ruthless and Ruthless artist were somehow exempt?
So if Ruthless wasn't exempt from being blackballed, then why did:

It's On (Dr. Dre) 187 Um Killa manage to go 2X platinum
Creepin on ah Come Up manage to go 3X platinum
Eternal E manage to go gold
Str8 off tha Streetz manage to go gold
E. 1999 Eternal manage to go 4X platinum

...all during the Death Row-Ruthless beef, and even after their executive producer had already passed away in 1995 with his widow running the company.  Do you equate a company being able to release albums that during that time still managed to move ten million units (not counting the millions moved before and after the beef) as being blackballed?  If so, it doesn't sound half bad.  What other crews or labels were moving that many units at that time?  Definitely not Bad Boy.  Not Wu-Tang.  Maybe Def Jam as a whole, but it was a ton of acts who were each going gold, maybe platinum.  But not a lot of multi-platinum albums.

And after 1997, what happened?  Just the one main album that Ruthless put out that year (The Art of War) went 4X platinum and sold more than Death Row did from that point onward, not counting the Pac albums released jointly with Amaru (since those were far more efforts on Amaru's part without any substantial Death Row involvement).  So yeah, so much for Ruthless being blackballed.

abusive

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »
So if Ruthless wasn't exempt from being blackballed, then why did:

It's On (Dr. Dre) 187 Um Killa manage to go 2X platinum
Creepin on ah Come Up manage to go 3X platinum
Eternal E manage to go gold
Str8 off tha Streetz manage to go gold
E. 1999 Eternal manage to go 4X platinum

...all during the Death Row-Ruthless beef, and even after their executive producer had already passed away in 1995 with his widow running the company.  Do you equate a company being able to release albums that during that time still managed to move ten million units (not counting the millions moved before and after the beef) as being blackballed?  If so, it doesn't sound half bad.  What other crews or labels were moving that many units at that time?  Definitely not Bad Boy.  Not Wu-Tang.  Maybe Def Jam as a whole, but it was a ton of acts who were each going gold, maybe platinum.  But not a lot of multi-platinum albums.

And after 1997, what happened?  Just the one main album that Ruthless put out that year (The Art of War) went 4X platinum and sold more than Death Row did from that point onward, not counting the Pac albums released jointly with Amaru (since those were far more efforts on Amaru's part without any substantial Death Row involvement).  So yeah, so much for Ruthless being blackballed.
I already said that there are different levels to blackballing, you seem to have a misconception about it assuming that it ONLY means you can't sell records because of it. You may see less press because of it, you may see more negative press because of it, your work may not be promoted properly, your album may be shelved, you may have your words twisted in an interview, some circles may not want to do business with you any longer, you may be banned from radio etc. If you read my first post I alluded to the fact that Lil' Eazy was probably already being blackballed. However, I then went on to say that he could still get things going. So I don't understand why you are trying to debate me when we really don't have a disagreement here. Other than the fact that you don't have a broad enough understanding of the levels of blackballing that can take place.

I said Micheal Jackson said he was blackballed and part of the outcome was he was number everywhere in the world expect the US. That's part of the form it took with him. Was he still selling records, yes. Was he still being blackballed? Yes!

Watch this video in its entirety about MJ.

So I repeat it's possible to be blackballed and still sell records but just because you sell records doesn't mean you aren't going through some form of Blackballing. Considering the company we are talking about and its track record (I listed just a few examples) I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that Ruthless, its artist and/or Eazy E faced blackballing. Especially considering how Dre got out of his contract, the power of DR at the time and the type of people were are dealing with here.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 12:12:36 AM »
I thought that Timbaland joint he had would have at least caught enough of a buzz to get him a release date but whoever he was signed to (think it was Capitol?) definitely never came with the money bag to push it

Always liked that song, but like everyone else has said, the only reason worth checking him was that he was Eazy's son. Didn't really have many redeeming qualities as far as just being a rapper.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:06 AM »
I said Micheal Jackson said he was blackballed and part of the outcome was he was number everywhere in the world expect the US.
Um... huh?  Expect the US to what?

Anyway, it's a poor analogy to compare an artist who was getting blackballed due to two accusations of child abuse to one company who you allege had so much power that they could blackball another company, one that outlasted them and still managed to find success.  Enough of this "other types of blackball" argument, show me some examples of how Ruthless Records was actually blackballed.  Suge and Death Row intimidating Eazy into signing Dre's release isn't blackballing, especially when Eazy still got paid off of The Chronic anyway.

abusive

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:49 AM »
His album was number one except in the U.S.

Me mentioning MJ wasn't an analogy at all. I used him as an example because you said you can't blackball someone who has sold multi-plat. That is due to your lack of understanding which I hope I have corrected. The reason as to why he was being blackballed isn't relevant either. You keep going back to the sales aspect which I have already covered.

I never said that Suge intimidating was the blackballing either. I was saying that if that could happen why would it be unreasonable to use their power within the industry to have them blackballed? Especially when it's common practice and Interscope has a history of it. Even Tony Yayo alleged that G-Unit was being blackballed by Interscope.

Eazy getting paid from the Chronic after the fact has nothing to do with it all.

One easy example is the slander of Eazy and Ruthless by Suge. Suge was so feared that industry heads would have to think twice about doing business with Eazy/Ruthless for no other reason than to piss off Suge once Suge voiced his disdain for Ruthless publicly.  A good parallel would be 50 vs. Ja. Everyone knew that if you worked with Ja then you would have problems with 50. (Murder Inc was blackballing 50 prior to him signing to Interscope. Interscope was one of the few places he could run to that would be able to match or trump Murder Inc's power within the industry.) In both cases the bigger artist win because the industry for the most part only cares about what's hot and who's bringing in the money. They will side with the money rather than alienate themselves from it. From a business perspective DR would probably be the most lucrative choice anyway since they were the ones doing it big at the time. The beef with DR revitalized Ruthless anyway, it was damn near dead prior to Eazy responding to DR in '93 then came Bone.

Ironic that Suge went on to start Blackball records.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
A lot of words, but still no examples of Ruthless getting blackballed.

You said, "Suge was so feared that industry heads would have to think twice about doing business with Eazy/Ruthless for no other reason than to piss off Suge once Suge voiced his disdain for Ruthless publicly."

Okay... so what proof do you have of this?  What industry heads who were going to work with Eazy changed their minds because of Suge?  Or are you just speculating?  The distribution companies obviously didn't care, as they were still putting out albums and getting release dates.  If they were really blackballed, then they may have gotten their albums delayed time and time again.  Or they wouldn't have had the promotion to get their albums the media attention that they got.  Or magazines like The Source and VIBE wouldn't have put Eazy and Bone Thugs on their magazine covers or put up their advertisements in their magazine.  Or MTV and BET wouldn't have played their videos.  But none of that happened, because Ruthless was never blackballed.  They existed before and after Death Row's reign, despite both no longer being the king of the kill and their executive producer having passed away.

So yeah... Ruthless blackball not found.

abusive

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »
A lot of words, but still no examples of Ruthless getting blackballed.

You said, "Suge was so feared that industry heads would have to think twice about doing business with Eazy/Ruthless for no other reason than to piss off Suge once Suge voiced his disdain for Ruthless publicly."

Okay... so what proof do you have of this?  What industry heads who were going to work with Eazy changed their minds because of Suge?  Or are you just speculating?  The distribution companies obviously didn't care, as they were still putting out albums and getting release dates.  If they were really blackballed, then they may have gotten their albums delayed time and time again.  Or they wouldn't have had the promotion to get their albums the media attention that they got.  Or magazines like The Source and VIBE wouldn't have put Eazy and Bone Thugs on their magazine covers or put up their advertisements in their magazine.  Or MTV and BET wouldn't have played their videos.  But none of that happened, because Ruthless was never blackballed.  They existed before and after Death Row's reign, despite both no longer being the king of the kill and their executive producer having passed away.

So yeah... Ruthless blackball not found.

Sorry but the example I gave is a basic example of how the music industry works and always has.

Instead of you using sales this time around you used other strawmen such as distribution and advertisement. It goes right back to what I said in my first post about being able to work around getting blackballed. It doesn't disprove that no blackballing had occurred just as your sales angle didn't. Once you get this notion of a all powerful industry out of your head that will completely make your career disappear as the sole evidence, you should look into the facts I have presented and draw a conclusion from it.

What I find amusing about this is that with all of the f*ckery that went on at DR you think that someone from that camp would be above, at the very least, putting out a phone call to one of their friends in the business and asking them not to work with such and such as a personal favor. That could never happen right? lol

thaFormula.com – So at this time were you and Eazy not speaking still?

MC Ren – Yeah. That’s why he wasn’t on none of my albums and why I wasn’t really on his shit. He knew we didn’t have shit to say to each other, but he knew he still could make money off my shit. The only thing was that after we had the fall out, when my records came out, they never pushed them like they should have pushed them. Cause my “Shock The Hour” went to number 1 on the Billboard Charts, but I didn’t get no Gold or no Platinum Plaque. If you go number 1, come on. My shit was number 1 all around everywhere. They didn’t promote it and I think it had alot to do with the shit I was sayin’. It scared alot of muthafuckas. It felt like a nigga got blacklisted or something. That’s the vibe I got from niggaz. It just seems like nobody wanted to talk about that record. So what could I do.

http://escobar300.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/mc-ren-speaks-about-ruthless-records-how-the-rap-game-went-soft-and-tupac-clones/

I know you don't want to talk about - "other types of blackball" you want to contain the subject into the only simplistic form that you know of because without doing so you simply have no argument all.

Not to get off topic here but does anyone have any info about the entire west coast being blackballed after Pac died? I have heard that discussed before in the past.