Author Topic: T.I. - "Turn It"  (Read 584 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: T.I. - "Turn It"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
Lol, looks like this is a flop and a half.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:45:33 AM »
justin bieber will be on the remix

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
Lol, looks like this is a flop and a half.
you out your mind this shit bangs nerd.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
Yeah, the forum clearly loves it. ::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »
  8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
the views on't WWHH are never reliable though... JT The Bigga Figga had like 8 million views in two days, lmfao.

first comment :

"fake ass views"

as for the song, the beat is disappointing for a DJ Toomp production, the hook is annoying and kinda ridiculous, but TI comes correct. not a song I will play twice though.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 10:16:39 AM »
the views on't WWHH are never reliable though... JT The Bigga Figga had like 8 million views in two days, lmfao.

first comment :

"fake ass views"

as for the song, the beat is disappointing for a DJ Toomp production, the hook is annoying and kinda ridiculous, but TI comes correct. not a song I will play twice though.
that beat is fire and the hook is dope. that shit got my trunk goin' retarded.  8) 8) 8)

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
no disrespect but i've never seen you not like a T.I. song, i'm under the impression that T.I. could record a Barbra Streisand cover featuring Justin Bieber and the Gypsy Kings and you'd still find ways to praise that song one way or another. I understand liking an artist but liking every one of his songs seems odd to me, but if his music makes you happy, more power to you.

as far as i'm concerned, the hook is inaudible and T.I. tries to emulate what's hot nowadays, it sounds forced and awkward and for a DJ Toom production, I find this extremely subpar and not appealing, TI's verses are dope as I said before but it's diluted by the other elements of the song. I liked Troubleman and I hope Paperwork won't sound like Turn It.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:44:02 AM by bouli77 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
no disrespect but i've never seen you not like a T.I. song, i'm under the impression that T.I. could record a Barbra Streisand cover featuring Justin Bieber and the Gypsy Kings and you'd still find ways to praise that song one way or another.

LMAO   "this TI/Bieber shit gets my car stereo retarded!!"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
no disrespect but i've never seen you not like a T.I. song, i'm under the impression that T.I. could record a Barbra Streisand cover featuring Justin Bieber and the Gypsy Kings and you'd still find ways to praise that song one way or another. I understand liking an artist but liking every one of his songs seems odd to me, but if his music makes you happy, more power to you.

as far as i'm concerned, the hook is inaudible and T.I. tries to emulate what's hot nowadays, it sounds forced and awkward and for a DJ Toom production, I find this extremely subpar and not appealing, TI's verses are dope as I said before but it's diluted by the other elements of the song. I liked Troubleman and I hope Papersong won't sound like Turn It.
he has several songs I don't like: like that, I'm flexin'(the lyrics and flows), wit me, etc. this music ain't for you this shit for the streets that's why it's inaudible to you. this shit jammin' though trunk gone retarded.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:44:59 AM by Kiss My Black Ass ! »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »
no disrespect but i've never seen you not like a T.I. song, i'm under the impression that T.I. could record a Barbra Streisand cover featuring Justin Bieber and the Gypsy Kings and you'd still find ways to praise that song one way or another.

LMAO   "this TI/Bieber shit gets my car stereo retarded!!"
that dweeb will not be on t.i.'s album.

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
I don't think the argument "this is strictly for the streets" is valid, music is like a movie, it doesn't matter whether the listener/viewer has a link with the subject matter at the end of the day it's the quality of the product that transpires. I can fuck with some Liszt, Bon Jovi or Kevin Gates as long as it sounds good just like I can enjoy a Mafia flick or a romantic drama as long as it's well put together.

in that case, I find the standards low, and it's not the fact that it's "too street" that makes me not like it, it's the fact that it doesn't meet my quality standards as far as the production and the authenticity (i.e. uninspired hook and lyrics) are concerned. there have been street songs i can relate to in 2014 that I find better than this :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I</a>

the production is miles ahead Turn It, the hook is way more efficient

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »
I don't think the argument "this is strictly for the streets" is valid, music is like a movie, it doesn't matter whether the listener/viewer has a link with the subject matter at the end of the day it's the quality of the product that transpires. I can fuck with some Liszt, Bon Jovi or Kevin Gates as long as it sounds good just like I can enjoy a Mafia flick or a romantic drama as long as it's well put together.

in that case, I find the standards low, and it's not the fact that it's "too street" that makes me not like it, it's the fact that it doesn't meet my quality standards as far as the production and the authenticity (i.e. uninspired hook and lyrics) are concerned. there have been street songs i can relate to in 2014 that I find better than this :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I</a>

the production is miles ahead Turn It, the hook is way more efficient
the song is not for your demographic. I really don't know what you expected.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »
keep in mind that "Kiss my black ass" is a white guy from a suburb in New Jersey