Author Topic: T.I. - "Turn It"  (Read 580 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: T.I. - "Turn It"
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
keep in mind that "Kiss my black ass" is a white guy from a suburb in New Jersey
false ! remove my balls from your chin please.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 11:45:07 AM »
I don't think the argument "this is strictly for the streets" is valid, music is like a movie, it doesn't matter whether the listener/viewer has a link with the subject matter at the end of the day it's the quality of the product that transpires. I can fuck with some Liszt, Bon Jovi or Kevin Gates as long as it sounds good just like I can enjoy a Mafia flick or a romantic drama as long as it's well put together.

in that case, I find the standards low, and it's not the fact that it's "too street" that makes me not like it, it's the fact that it doesn't meet my quality standards as far as the production and the authenticity (i.e. uninspired hook and lyrics) are concerned. there have been street songs i can relate to in 2014 that I find better than this :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I</a>

the production is miles ahead Turn It, the hook is way more efficient
the song is not for your demographic. I really don't know what you expected.

i don't buy the concept of demographics when it comes to music, music is universal, if it's quality people will like it regardless of your social or racial background. the whole point of music is to broadcast and share your mood and story with as many people as possible. the Avon Blocksdale song posted above is not for my demographic either if we follow your rationale, yet I still like it. why ? cause it's good music. what I expected ? a quality rap song with a hard hitting beat and dope raps, and that's not what I heard.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 11:51:51 AM »
I don't think the argument "this is strictly for the streets" is valid, music is like a movie, it doesn't matter whether the listener/viewer has a link with the subject matter at the end of the day it's the quality of the product that transpires. I can fuck with some Liszt, Bon Jovi or Kevin Gates as long as it sounds good just like I can enjoy a Mafia flick or a romantic drama as long as it's well put together.

in that case, I find the standards low, and it's not the fact that it's "too street" that makes me not like it, it's the fact that it doesn't meet my quality standards as far as the production and the authenticity (i.e. uninspired hook and lyrics) are concerned. there have been street songs i can relate to in 2014 that I find better than this :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mNNeYuIjX9I</a>

the production is miles ahead Turn It, the hook is way more efficient
the song is not for your demographic. I really don't know what you expected.

i don't buy the concept of demographics when it comes to music, music is universal, if it's quality people will like it regardless of your social or racial background. the whole point of music is to broadcast and share your mood and story with as many people as possible. the Avon Blocksdale song posted above is not for my demographic either if we follow your rationale, yet I still like it. why ? cause it's good music. what I expected ? a quality rap song with a hard hitting beat and dope raps, and that's not what I heard.
unfortunately I don't share your views on 'turn it' everything ain't for everybody.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
hey Closet Material, I don't think you should be allowed to comment on italian mob movies like Goodfellas because you aren't italian like me.

and no more eating any pizza either, that food is made for my demographic  ::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
hey Closet Material, I don't think you should be allowed to comment on italian mob movies like Goodfellas because you aren't italian like me.

and no more eating any pizza either, that food is made for my demographic  ::)
I would agree if I said goodfellas and pizza is trash...sorry dumb wilson I love both.

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
finally heard this and it's nothing special, very underwhelming for a Toomp production

maybe it will grow on me but I doubt it due to the title / unoriginalness

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
It's alright, the beat/verses are straight but not feeling the hook.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
T.I. is only popular for his singles. So he's fucked.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 06:42:02 AM »
he went gold wit no hit single you fuck boy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »

Nigga, I'm not talking nor do I care about album sales.

& you never turn to album sales for any other artist in the industry except when defending T.I.; so hypocritical.

I was saying his stand out tracks on almost all of his albums are his singles. One of the few mainstream artists whose singles are better than the rest of the album to me.

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
The album's first single, "Go Get It", was released on July 17, becoming a moderate hit, peaking at number seventy seven on the US Billboard Hot 100. The lead single "Ball", featuring fellow American rapper Lil Wayne, was released on October 16, 2012. The single debuted at number fifty on the Billboard Hot 100. In April 2013, the single was certified gold by The RIAA, with over 500,000 copies shipped in the United States alone.[1] The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 179,000 copies in its first week of release; also debuting at number one on both the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and the Top Rap Albums chart respectively.

Upon its release, Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head received "generally favorable reviews" from most music critics, where most music critics saw it as an improvement from his 2010 album No Mercy.[2] As of September 28, 2013, the album has sold 402,000 copies in the United States.

only his SINGLE went Gold, not the album... but his label should have promoted it more and not relied on the VH1 show

aerroc

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »
this is straight dumb ed watered down trash he better get some Kendrick features

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 05:15:34 PM »
The album's first single, "Go Get It", was released on July 17, becoming a moderate hit, peaking at number seventy seven on the US Billboard Hot 100. The lead single "Ball", featuring fellow American rapper Lil Wayne, was released on October 16, 2012. The single debuted at number fifty on the Billboard Hot 100. In April 2013, the single was certified gold by The RIAA, with over 500,000 copies shipped in the United States alone.[1] The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 179,000 copies in its first week of release; also debuting at number one on both the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and the Top Rap Albums chart respectively.

Upon its release, Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head received "generally favorable reviews" from most music critics, where most music critics saw it as an improvement from his 2010 album No Mercy.[2] As of September 28, 2013, the album has sold 402,000 copies in the United States.

only his SINGLE went Gold, not the album... but his label should have promoted it more and not relied on the VH1 show
502,000 not 402. the single ball went gold. guns & roses went platinum in australia. again wit NO HIT ON THE RADIO !!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »

Nigga, I'm not talking nor do I care about album sales.

& you never turn to album sales for any other artist in the industry except when defending T.I.; so hypocritical.

I was saying his stand out tracks on almost all of his albums are his singles. One of the few mainstream artists whose singles are better than the rest of the album to me.
you brought it up bitch so you do care. if you think t.i.'s singles are better than his albums you need a doctor.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
this is straight dumb ed watered down trash he better get some Kendrick features

why?  kendrick is boring.