Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg- Snoop Dogg  (Read 857 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
No Limit Top Dogg- Snoop Dogg
« on: March 26, 2003, 10:13:04 PM »
Whats up yall, Ive decided to post reviews in this forum more often. When ever I post a review, it is my policy that I be high when i do it, cuz thats when music sounds the sweetest. Im givin yall top notch reviews, biznatch.

When Snoop dropped this album in late 1999, there was little fanfare. He had dropped his critically disappointing No Limit debut months earlier, and while it went on to sell over 2 million records, the new Southern sound was disappointing for long time fans hoping to hear that west coast g shit. This is what this album was, and thank God, that Bitch Please dropped and brought Snoops fan base back and revitilized his career.

1. Intro
Dolomite talkin some shit

2. Buck Em 5/5
Feat. Sticky Fingaz

A bangin track. Damn it feels good to hear Snoop over a Dre beat. Some guitar with some synth in the backround, and Sticky rips the chorus. Gr8 way to start an album off.

3. Trust Me 4.5/5
Feat. Sylk E Fine, Suga Free

This was my first introduction to Suga Free, and since then Ive been hooked. Good God, his verse is amazing.
It was good to hear Sylk again, she flowed aiight. The beat, supplied byBudda, is bangin. A good ole west coast jam.

4. My Heat Goes Boom 4/5

Meech Wells kicks a beat that sounds very similiar to Still A G Thang, but Snoop rips it anyways. Bangin track.

5. Dolomite Skit

6. Snoopafella  3/5

I liked the concept and the lyrics, but i wasnt feelin the sample. I was lookin forward to some tight Ant Banks shit, but i was kinda disappointed.

7. In Love With A Thug  4/5

This is what a song dedicated to bitches is supposed to sound like, fuck a Beautiful. Nice concept, and Snoop flows good with some nice lyrics.

8. G Bedtime Stories  5/5

Snoops twist on Slick Ricks ole skool hit, and its amazing.
Meech flipped a crazy ass beat, and Snoop flowed HARD for 2 1/2 minutes straight. My only complaint was it was too short,

9. Down For My Ns  4/5
Feat. C Murder, Magic

At first I wasnt feelin this track, I thought it was toooo South. But when I heard this song at a club, I appreciated it for what it was, a bangin bow throwin club jam.

10. Betta Days 3.5/5

This is a nice lil jam. I like the concept of the joint and Snoop comes real smooth. Some keep ya head up shit.

11. Something bout ya bidnes  3/5
Feat. Raphael Saddiq

I dont mind R n B, slow shit, but not on a Snoop album, especially since I think this album was too slow at times.
Its a decent song, and its all about taste.

to be continued
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 11:09:01 PM by King Tech Luciano »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:No Limit Top Dogg- Snoop Dogg
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 11:07:18 PM »
12. Bitch Please 5/5
Feat. Xzibit, Nate Dogg

Id call this song a classic not because it was an amazing dre beat, not because of the amazing xzibit verse, not because of a Nates vocals singing us out, but because it was the song that brought Snoop back. It revitlized his career. This song is the reason this album went platinum.

13. Doin Too Much  3.5/5

I like this song, to be honest with yall. Its a good song, just not something mindblowin. Its chillin, and smooth and Snoops vocals are sick. I might change my mind later on, and give this a 4. im still debatin.

14. Gangsta Ride 5/5
Feat. Silk the Shocker

At this point, Meech Wells has established himself emmensely on this album, going almost toe to toe with both quiks and dres beats. This song is no exception.
Silk and Snoop flow so smooth on this track, the chorus is fuckin sick. top notch shit.

15. Ghetto Symphony  3/5
Feat. Silk the Shocker, C Murder, Fiend, Mystikal, Goldie Loc, Mia X

It was a decent remake. But the bad (Silk, C) outweight the good (Fiend, Mia, Mystikal). Its aiight i guess.

16. Party with a DPG  2.5/5

The beat saves this. Its a horrible remake. Im gettin kinda sick of the corny samples by now.

17. Bussn Rocks 4/5

Quik comes through beautiful. Doin too much was good, but this song is vintage quik. Snoops flows so fuckin smooth over Quik beats, why the fuck arent they workin together?

18. Just Dippin  5/5
Feat. Dr.Dre

Good God, this song is it. This was the song that convinced me Dre was coming and it was gonna be massive. Buck Em was a great beat, Bitch Please was a classic beat, but this song was the icing on the cake. One of my favourite Snoop and Dre collabos. All I gotta say.

19. Dont Tell  4.5/5
Feat. Warren G, Nate Dogg, Mausberg,

2 back to back BANGIN beats. Quik delivers the k.o. here.
He had a great precense on this album. Im not sure I spelled that correctly. Nate Dogg steals the show. Great performance, one of my favourite Nate verses.

20. 20 Minutes  4.5/5
Feat. Goldie Loc

Time for lil Goldie to shine one on one with Snoop. He doesnt disappoint. Snoop and Goldie go back and forth on a bangin beat supplied by the new comer. The album is almost done but the musics still hittin u.

21. I Love My Momma 3.5/5

Its the better of the Momma dedications that all of hip hop is enthralled with. Decent track.

Over all, this was the album that brought Snoop back creatively. Sales wise, it remains his worst selling album (paid the cost might make a run). The flop that was Da Game killed all hype for this album, along with a horrible flip flop of singles (G bedtime stories was a stupid video),
and the fact that this album came months after that crap.
Anyways, i say its a fuckin gem, and in light of Snoops new shit, Ive appreciated this album more.

4/5
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

hector

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 05:56:53 PM »
Damn, tight read homie. I'ma have to bump that shit now. Just reading about it all is makin me wanna hear it. I agree with almost everything you wrote. Get high and write more reviews lol.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 03:22:09 PM »
this is one of my favorite albums ever...i agree with most of what the original idiot posted...though i dont think other than ghetto symphony there's a track below a 4/5...come one tech...party with a dpg is 4.5/5...overall its a 4.5/5

snoopdoggfan32002

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 07:13:11 AM »
I don't like this album.
this album is one of the worse albums.
this is a very bad album

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 10:34:10 PM »
i like this cd its a 4/5 IMO has alot of tite songs and Quik & Snoop were a good collab

Casper

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 10:40:18 PM »
I don't like this album.
this album is one of the worse albums.
this is a very bad album

::) you are a retard

this album is a 4.5/5 IMO

Wballz

• Lil Geezy
  • thadogghouse.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 12:02:59 PM »
compared o his latest effort i think its a quality album!
compared to em all its pretty much 3rd behind doggystyle n tha doggfather

salvador

• 'G'
Re: No Limit Top Dogg- Snoop Dogg
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 08:52:25 AM »
bitch please
get down on your motherfuckin knees

10/10

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
Re: No Limit Top Dogg- Snoop Dogg
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »