Author Topic: PROOF! Coolio was a real gang member.  (Read 4042 times)

Mr. Theo

Re: PROOF! Coolio was a real gang member.
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »
There are people who should be in ThisIs50 forum....

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

abusive

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
I don't really care about the direction this topic has taken but...... 50 did snitch when he told the feds to read his lyrics. You may want to call it cooperating or whatever but it's not something that can be co-signed by the streets.

Early in his career, 50 recorded “Ghetto Qu’ran,” a song about Southside Queens’ notorious gangsters that mentioned McGriff in the first verse. While 50 says he intended it as a tribute, some cite the song as an example of snitching. (According to court documents entered in the Murder Inc. trial, when Federal investigators questioned 50 about McGriff, 50 told them to read his lyrics.)
http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2006/07/50-cent-games-haters-play/

With 50 Cent telling the feds to “read my lyrics,” they used his lyrics as testimony.
http://books.google.com/books?id=bTn2a613JW0C&pg=PT207&lpg=PT207&dq=just+read+my+lyrics+50+cent+feds&source=bl&ots=GNqiWYdXyX&sig=heS_1-t1kTRWKpWd46NmnTzw5CY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=kUx6U-mmMobJsQSB4ICgDA&ved=0CFQQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=just%20read%20my%20lyrics%2050%20cent%20feds&f=false

50 Cent - Ghetto Qu'ran

This topic had no direction in the first place since the title of this thread is "Proof Coolio was a real gang member" and that's not even him in the picture.

"When you hear talk of the Southside, you hear talk of the Team
See, niggas feared Prince and respected Preme
For all you slow motherfuckers, I'mma break it down iller
See, Preme was the business man and Prince was the killer"

How is this snitching? All he said was Preme was the business man and Prince was the killer. He doesn't explicitly say he killed anyone or that they were involved in anything illegal. Mind you, I'm not a 50 fan I'm just talking facts here. If someone has paperwork on 50 Cent snitching then please provide it. I'll gladly change my stance if and when someone can do that. Until then, it's all just speculation.

Edit: Not to say I agree with the way 50 talked about them, but if all he said in his statement was "read the lyrics" then those few bars don't really give the feds much to go off of that they didn't already know, I'm sure.
It's snitching because he was under pressure and he gave the feds something to work with instead of keeping his mouth shut. Even if you take that verse out of the scenario there are plenty of other damaging verses in the song dealing with murder and drug dealing. The fact that it may or may not have helped the feds is irrelevant, he still offered them something. Also, what you fail to mention is that 50 had an ongoing beef with them and they were responsible for him getting shot.

The paperwork excuse that everyone runs to is silly. If someone is a confidential informant do you think there is paperwork that the average joe can find? Or what about an undercover agent or if there is a open investigation? The fact that you acknowledge that he talked to the feds and told them to read his lyrics dealing with real people and real street events, while at the same time saying you don't agree while at the same damn time acting like it doesn't mean what you know it means because no one has any "paperwork" is amusing to me. You're trying to hard to be right in this situation.

"The paperwork excuse that everyone runs to is silly. If someone is a confidential informant do you think there is paperwork that the average joe can find? Or what about an undercover agent or if there is a open investigation.."

How is it silly or an "excuse?" You do know that when someone on the streets is accused of snitching the first thing people want to see is the paperwork, right? None of you have access to the one thing that can truly verify whether or not he's a snitch nor do you know any of the parties involved to get the real story or some factual, unbiased information. If he was a confidential informant, we don't know. That's my point. So how does the mere speculation of that automatically make him a snitch? Was anyone indicted over the lyrics in that song? If so, prove it. All that shit about Supreme and them was common knowledge out there. Did 50 testify at Preme's trial and say he was the one who was responsible for having him shot? Did the prosecution play that song in court as evidence for anything?
You make some good points but hold this:

Read all four pages.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/surveilling-50-cent

50 Cent Fuck You:

The subject of 50 being a snitch has been hotly debated also. “This dude sensationalizes everything. All his statements are incendiary. The government believes every lyric- and then he says, ‘Read my lyrics.’ Where I come from that’s dry snitching.” Supreme said and on the whole beef with 50 he said, “Kid you’ve never been through nothing. I walked around wolves, man. I walked among giants.” And he’s right. Maybe 50 is a snitch, maybe not. “The chump 50 Cent wouldn’t even be a factor in the rap game today if his lyrics weren’t snitch oriented,” T says. “He owe his success to the media and his beef with Murder Inc. 50 ain’t never been nowhere but to boot camp. A place guys like Supreme wouldn’t even go to. With dudes yelling in your face telling you to do 50 pushups. How gangsta is that?”

This is an excerpt from Street Legends. If you want to read the rest order the book right now.
http://www.gorillaconvict.com/2011/10/kenneth-supreme-mcgriff-2/

"The fact that it may or may not have helped the feds is irrelevant, he still offered them something."

Not entirely true. SNITCHING only applies if you give authorities information they didn't already know that leads to the arrest and/or conviction of someone else. Period. Had there been lyrics in there that did just that, then this would be a completely different story. One could be questioned by the authorities and give false information with the intention of misleading the investigation. As long as it's not in favor of the authorities, then who cares? For clarification, the rule is to shut up, yes, but there are situations where talking can be used to benefit you and/or others. People have taken the stand and lied; it's nothing new.

Not true at all. Yes someone may try to steer them away but there can be a mistrial, a witness may not want to testify, evidence may be lost etc. there are different reasons why a case isn't won. That doesn't mean that the person who snitched didn't snitch because you were convicted of what they say you did. Lol You're trying to alter the definition of snitching to fit your argument. So if someone says you stole a car which you did and the cops already know because they have the footage of it, that means the person who told aint snitch? Stop it!

"Also, what you fail to mention is that 50 had an ongoing beef with them and they were responsible for him getting shot."

Really? Would you mind sharing where you got that info from? That's news to me, last I heard nobody was arrested nor convicted for 50's shooting, lol. Try again.

Tuesday - November 22, 2005 by Ei8ht w/additional reporting by Rich Roc

The afternoon arguments in Day 3 of the Murder Inc trial seemed to be more of the trial about who shot 50 Cent than it was about money laundering.

John Ragin, a former partner in Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff's Picture Perfect film company, took the stand again to testify about his knowledge of Supreme's involvement in the 50 Cent shooting. Ragin, who is currently facing 19 years in jail for a credit card and ecstacy ring, is hoping that, with his testimony in this case and Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff's upcoming case, his sentence will get reduced to "time served." Regin spent 34 months in jail before being released on bail and has been placed in the witness protection program.

For the second straight day, Judge Edward Korman ordered the jury to leave the courtroom as he heard arguments from the defense and prosecution about the relevance of the May 24th 2000 shooting of Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson to the trial. Once the jury cleared the room, the prosecution began to probe Ragin about his knowledge of the 50 Cent shooting.

Seemingly unphased by the abundance of press and spectators, John Ragin began to give his account of the notorious incident. Regin explained how "Preme" met with "50" face to face and warned him to "stop talking about Ja and Murder Inc." Prosecutor Carolyn Borkony then asked Ragin if he knew who shot 50 Cent. He replied "Yea Sun," in reference to the head of security at Murder Inc, Robert "Sun" Lyons. Ragin claims that he was part of Sun's alibi, meeting Supreme, Sun and Supreme team affiliate, God B, at a mall shortly after the shooting took place. He also claims to have witnessed Sun wash the gun residue off of his hands with rubbing alcohol.

The defense argued, pointing out through 50 Cent's music and interviews that 50 has stated he was shot by Darryl "Hommo" Baum. 50 made references on numerous occasions to Hommo as the shooter, even confirming this when confronted about his shooter recently on NY radio station, Hot 97.

The prosecution was also allowed to read text messages that were left on both Irv Gotti's and Supreme's 2-way pager regarding the May 2000 50 Cent shooting. This evidence turned out to be irrelevant to the money laundering trial -- in fact the evidence showed there were no text messages between Supreme and Irv on the day of the 50 Cent shooting. However on the day after the shooting, Irv's pager contained two messages that read, "Who did it" and "I have no idea." On June 9, 2000 a message was left on Irv Gotti's pager that said, " Fuck Half a Dollar me and my Nggas kill for fun you got that Murder for fun."

The Lorenzo brothers listened tersely to the testimony, apparently less relaxed than previous days which saw them smiling and chuckling intermittently through the arguments. SOHH.com sources close to the Lorenzo camp say the brothers are "optimistic." However, SOHH.com is told they are "fearful of testimony about 50's shooting turning the jury against them."

Gerald Shardel and Gerald Leftcourt, attorneys for the brothers, expressed a similar sentiment when talking to reporters as they left the court for the evening, calling the 50 Cent testimony "a distraction."

"The government wants it to be a trial about something other then what it's about," Leftcourt told reporters. "The 50 Cent thing has nothing to do with the money laundering charge."

http://www.murderinc-online.com/usforum/showthread.php?19208-Murder-Inc-Trial-Day-3-Supreme-warned-50-Stop-talking-about-Ja-says-prosecution-witness
"The fact that you acknowledge that he talked to the feds and told them to read his lyrics dealing with real people and real street events..."

Lol, all they were asking him about were things pertaining to Supreme's trial, that's all we know. Nobody said anything about the entire song. Besides that, what "events" are you talking about? Nothing in there incriminates anyone for anything. Not to mention, everything he talked about was in the past tense. We don't know how long ago all of that happened or how many of the people involved were still even in the streets. There is such a thing as statute of limitations. Plus, things could have been made up or exaggerated you don't know. If this is really your concern then you need to stop listening to hip hop altogether because rappers shout out friends and illegal shit they may or may not have done in the past all the time. It just so happens that song got released at a bad time. Had Supreme not been in the hot seat when that song was released nobody would have cared at all about what 50 said. All you and everyone else have to go off of are assumptions and subjective information there is not one shred of hard evidence that proves 50 snitched on anyone in that trial. End of story.

"While at the same time saying you don't agree while at the same damn time acting like it doesn't mean what you know it means because no one has any "paperwork" is amusing to me. You're trying to hard to be right in this situation."

Just because it's something I wouldn't do doesn't mean it's wrong. There's plenty of things people do that I wouldn't do.
You don't agree with it why then?

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Cali_State_Of_Mind

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
There are people who should be in ThisIs50 forum....

Lol, says the guy making dumb ass topics called, "PROOF Coolio is a real gang member" filled with lies in a hip hop forum. Where should you be, then? Why don't you take your out of town, wannabe west coast ass over to streetgangs.com or thehoodup and enlighten them with some of your cyber street knowledge you fraudulent ass buster. YOU were the one who brought up 50 Cent, remember? I already stated I'm not a 50 Cent fan, but I'll speak up for anyone being called a snitch without hard evidence. Don't quote, address, or refer to me anymore.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:24:01 PM by Cali_State_Of_Mind »

abusive

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
If this is really your concern then you need to stop listening to hip hop altogether because rappers shout out friends and illegal shit they may or may not have done in the past all the time.
It's not that I'm concerned. It's the fact of the matter that one time do use lyrics in court. 50 saying to read his lyrics wasn't a light thing.

This is from a few days ago:
Ra Diggs' murder trial: Judge says rap lyrics can be used as evidence
http://www.amny.com/news/ra-diggs-murder-trial-judge-says-rap-lyrics-can-be-used-as-evidence-1.7974769

Cali_State_Of_Mind

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 07:49:41 PM »
If this is really your concern then you need to stop listening to hip hop altogether because rappers shout out friends and illegal shit they may or may not have done in the past all the time.
It's not that I'm concerned. It's the fact of the matter that one time do use lyrics in court. 50 saying to read his lyrics wasn't a light thing.

This is from a few days ago:
Ra Diggs' murder trial: Judge says rap lyrics can be used as evidence
http://www.amny.com/news/ra-diggs-murder-trial-judge-says-rap-lyrics-can-be-used-as-evidence-1.7974769

Yeah I'm aware of this. I know someone doing life in prison for this reason so it's definitely real. But, the fact that rappers have been doing the same thing 50 did in their music for years is real, too. Whether or not it's true is another story. But my point here was, nobody he named in that song was ever indicted solely because of something 50 said in Ghetto Quran. Please correct me if I'm wrong. However, what was the question posed to 50 before he gave that reply? Don't people claim the song is the reason why 50 was shot and they were asking him who shot him? If that's the case, then the shooting hadn't even happened yet so there's nothing that they could have used. The only thing they could have possibly taken was that "Prince was the killer" line, but 50 claims it was a guy named Hommo so that doesn't equate.

"Not true at all. Yes someone may try to steer them away but there can be a mistrial, a witness may not want to testify, evidence may be lost etc. there are different reasons why a case isn't won. That doesn't mean that the person who snitched didn't snitch because you were convicted of what they say you did. Lol You're trying to alter the definition of snitching to fit your argument. So if someone says you stole a car which you did and the cops already know because they have the footage of it, that means the person who told aint snitch? Stop it!"

That's not at all what I was trying to say, bro, I realize what I typed, but of course snitching is snitching regardless of the outcome of the case.

"You don't agree with it why then? "

I don't agree with it because it's just asking for trouble. BUT, he didn't state anything that can be used as evidence in court. As I've said, rappers have shouted out their friends and associates names countless times in the past when speaking on illegal shit they may or may not have been involved in, but nobody else is getting the snitch jacket thrown on them so why the double standard?

Your highlighted portion of that source proves nothing. The prosecution was trying to lock whoever up for the shooting, yes, but we have no way of knowing whether or not 50 was involved. Clearly, they had a witness testify about 50 and them meeting up so they obviously had informants who were giving them info regarding 50 and Murder Inc. Even that paragraph right before the one you highlighted said 50 claims Hommo is the one who shot him. And, from what I understand, he was killed shortly after 50 was shot up. He's never alluded to any of Murder Inc being involved in his shooting, to my knowledge. What if someone at Murder Inc was responsible and 50 is saying Hommo did it to cover for whoever really did it? Just a thought. This is just proving my point, it's all just speculation, bro, nobody knows FOR SURE if he did or did not snitch. I haven't looked through all the source documents you posted, but I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I just listened to "Fuck You"...

"Get back to questions, like "50, who shot ya?...
You think it was Preme, Freeze or TaTa?"

Still not conclusive evidence. It sounds like he said that to stir up controversy on some marketing bullshit, but the fact of the matter is HE SAYS it was Hommo, who is dead. Notice how in that song he doesn't answer the question and says "street shit stays in the street," or whatever, and "anybody who's somebody already knows." So it was common knowledge around NYC already. What reason is there for him to snitch on them?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:36:33 PM by Cali_State_Of_Mind »

abusive

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
Did you read the four page court documents?

• They were investigating the murder of Jam Master Jay and believed it may have been by Preme due to him helping 50.
    They ask 50 about his shooting and he says go read my lyrics.
    One of the lyrics names Preme as a possible person who did it.
    Everyone knows that Preme was behind his shooting.

So how is that not snitching?

Cali_State_Of_Mind

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »

• They were investigating the murder of Jam Master Jay and believed it may have been by Preme due to him helping 50.

Nah, I hadn't read this yet...

Aren't these the same documents that were proven to be fake and made up by Murder Inc? If not, then why the hell is JMJ's murder STILL unsolved? I'm not sure I'm buying this.

“We never really had a good lead,” the case’s head detective, Vincent Santangelo, told the Daily News. “Nobody would or nobody could tell us the who or what. We’re still looking for that person.”

According to you, 50 referred them to who the killers were, which is a pretty solid lead, so why is his cooperation on the case not mentioned in the article? Clearly, 50 wasn't a confidential informant since the "paperwork" you brought calls him by his government name; so what reason is there for them not to disclose that info? Why wasn't any of the Supreme Team convicted for his murder? Are you gonna tell me that the case's head detective and NY Daily News are liars?

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/10-years-jam-master-jay-murder-sill-unsolved-article-1.1189868
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:00:59 AM by Cali_State_Of_Mind »

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 12:26:54 AM »
one hit wonder

Mr. Theo

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »
There are people in this forum drinking too much Vitamin Water ...

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

abusive

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »

Aren't these the same documents that were proven to be fake and made up by Murder Inc? If not, then why the hell is JMJ's murder STILL unsolved? I'm not sure I'm buying this.

“We never really had a good lead,” the case’s head detective, Vincent Santangelo, told the Daily News. “Nobody would or nobody could tell us the who or what. We’re still looking for that person.”

According to you, 50 referred them to who the killers were, which is a pretty solid lead, so why is his cooperation on the case not mentioned in the article? Clearly, 50 wasn't a confidential informant since the "paperwork" you brought calls him by his government name; so what reason is there for them not to disclose that info? Why wasn't any of the Supreme Team convicted for his murder? Are you gonna tell me that the case's head detective and NY Daily News are liars?

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/10-years-jam-master-jay-murder-sill-unsolved-article-1.1189868

You tell me if the documents are false. Show me something. The smoking gun is a credible site, I doubt they would have anything false up in the first place but if they did it wouldn't still be up all these years later once proven to be false. They could be sued.

I never said that 50 was a CI. I said that in some situations such as when people are working as CI's there isn't any paperwork available to the public (that I'm aware of) so asking for paperwork as to the sole means of knowing if someone is a snitch is meaningless. You asked for paperwork and I gave it to you anyway and it shows his cooperation.

I think you're missing the point here. It says that they suspected that JMJ was killed by Preme's team for working with 50 because they had him blackballed and JMJ was sworking with him anyway. 50 tells them to read his lyrics and in the lyrics he names Preme as someone who could be behind his own situation. Not JMJ's murder, but it could be implied by his lyrics especially since that's what they already suspected. It doesn't matter why the case hasn't been solved, he still cooperated. Screw the article, his cooperation was shown in the four page court documents. The lyrics may have strengthened what they already suspected but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. Neither does it matter why the case wasn't solved.

For the record the ny daily news is damn near a tabloid. That's the same paper that ran the story about Pac that got him shot. Not saying what you posted wasn't true.

Cali_State_Of_Mind

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »
There are people in this forum drinking too much Vitamin Water ...

There are foreigners in this forum who listen to too much west coast music and act like they know everything about a place they've never been to. Stop your sideline shit talking at least Abusive is making an effort to back up his claims unlike you who just says shit because you feel entitled to share your invalid, uneducated opinions and pass them off as facts. You were the one who called 50 a snitch in the first place so you should have been stating your case, not him. Even if 50 did snitch, it doesn't change the fact you're extremely full of shit and have proven multiple times in this thread that you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to west coast gang culture so please fuck off.

Cali_State_Of_Mind

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »

You tell me if the documents are false. Show me something. The smoking gun is a credible site, I doubt they would have anything false up in the first place but if they did it wouldn't still be up all these years later once proven to be false. They could be sued.

I never said that 50 was a CI. I said that in some situations such as when people are working as CI's there isn't any paperwork available to the public (that I'm aware of) so asking for paperwork as to the sole means of knowing if someone is a snitch is meaningless. You asked for paperwork and I gave it to you anyway and it shows his cooperation.

I think you're missing the point here. It says that they suspected that JMJ was killed by Preme's team for working with 50 because they had him blackballed and JMJ was sworking with him anyway. 50 tells them to read his lyrics and in the lyrics he names Preme as someone who could be behind his own situation. Not JMJ's murder, but it could be implied by his lyrics especially since that's what they already suspected. It doesn't matter why the case hasn't been solved, he still cooperated. Screw the article, his cooperation was shown in the four page court documents. The lyrics may have strengthened what they already suspected but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. Neither does it matter why the case wasn't solved.

For the record the ny daily news is damn near a tabloid. That's the same paper that ran the story about Pac that got him shot. Not saying what you posted wasn't true.

No, it clearly didn't strengthen anything if the case hasn't been solved and they haven't pursued that "lead" in several years. On top of that, the case's head detective himself even said they've never had any good leads and no one could or would tell them who did it. His own words totally contradict what the paperwork you brought says on an investigation that HE is in charge of. My argument was never that he isn't a snitch it was that nobody had conclusive evidence that states that he actually did and therefore had no right to call him one. However, the paperwork you brought does say he snitched, yes, that is definitely something to take into account despite my opinion on its validity and I'm now seeing other incidents he had with Murder Inc that certainly point to him cooperating with authorities. If he really did file that OOP after that stabbing incident then...

So with that being said, I can't say there's not enough evidence that points to 50 at least cooperating outside of this one incident so I can no longer speak on it. You made a solid argument, bro. That's more than I can say for others. Peace.

BIGTIMELA

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
1. Coolio is not from Gardena Shotgun Crips, he is from Compton.
2. Ice-T hung out with the 60s but is not from 60s
3. Caz is not a well-known member of the 60s outside of the rap world.
4. G Unit Crips was a rap crew, Spider is from ECC.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
prove that he isn't

you don't is the master of gangs?
Prove in this forum..

Put it to the test.

L O L 

look at this motherfucker, talking like yoda and claiming L.A.

"me know shit, me very much los angelesevna. gang bang make breath like 16 , we make this l.a. casual vintage style."

maybe l.a. is a suburb in Volgograd

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
motherfucker you dont is master of the gangs.

is that understood? Good.