Author Topic: hahaha  (Read 589 times)

Quakaveli

Re:hahaha
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2003, 12:14:38 PM »
haha goofy ass pic? Dont let me comment on yours...

as your you, Mr. Faghan America-Hater..when will you post ur fatass up? ::)

TheSheriff

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2003, 03:10:21 PM »
uhm... do you know that the northern kingdoms in spain were populated by christian fanatics? do you know that islam was the most tolerant religion at that particular period of time? after el cid the whole thing got worse. I daresay that Cid was of central importance as far as the conquista is concerned.

Yes, of course there were Christian fanatics. But El Cid was a moderate who almost united Spain along with Motamid. Sanchez was a moderate, who worked towards peace.

And you failed to answer my points about the yeniceri movement and Yusuf.

Agua

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2003, 03:36:58 PM »
Yes, of course there were Christian fanatics.

fanatics who eventually caused the reconquista and forced jews to convert or die. That's why i came up with Spinoza - his ancestors were Jewish Spaniards and had to flee to Amsterdam

And you failed to answer my points about the yeniceri movement and Yusuf.

sometimes the context is important. I agree on yusuf and the osman yeniceri movement bein muslim extremists, but when did these things happen? besides, do these examples prove your point?

p/s "kill the indian, save the man." I bet you know that indian kids were forcefully converted in the 19th century. But does it mean that christianity is a cruel religion?

TheSheriff

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2003, 04:19:23 PM »
fanatics who eventually caused the reconquista and forced jews to convert or die. That's why i came up with Spinoza - his ancestors were Jewish Spaniards and had to flee to Amsterdam

sometimes the context is important. I agree on yusuf and the osman yeniceri movement bein muslim extremists, but when did these things happen? besides, do these examples prove your point?

p/s "kill the indian, save the man." I bet you know that indian kids were forcefully converted in the 19th century. But does it mean that christianity is a cruel religion?

Did I ever say Islam was a cruel religion? No. I said that SOME MEMBERS of it were. Those Muslims who fought at Tours against Martel had slaughtered over 30,000 Spanish Christians. They were forcing conversion.

However, Motamid, Ahmed Shah Massoudand many others are also Muslims, and are good men.

I seriously do not see where we are disagreeing.