Author Topic: Tuxedo LP Out Now! (Mayer Hawthorne/Jake One)  (Read 5796 times)

Matty

Re: Tuxedo LP Drops 3rd March 2015! (Mayer Hawthorne/Jake One)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2015, 05:34:16 AM »
oh yeah i forgot to post this before, but there's a tuxedo european tour going down imminently. may be of interest to euros, they added the paris date after the initial announcement (bouli - https://www.facebook.com/events/1447677028788007/). annoying there's no london, i was asking about that and they said no venues available :( trying to organize a weekend in holland to catch the final one though 8)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:39:07 AM by Matty »

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 10:00:31 AM »
I refused to listen to any of the leaked tracks so far and can't wait for the physical copy of the LP to arrive. Hope it will meet my expectations.

What's the deal with the Tuxedo DJ set? Are they just playing records without actually performing any of their own songs? I would love to visit an actual performance, but just seeing them play records doesn't do it for me and I'm not sure whether it's worth going.

bouli77

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
I refused to listen to any of the leaked tracks so far and can't wait for the physical copy of the LP to arrive. Hope it will meet my expectations.

What's the deal with the Tuxedo DJ set? Are they just playing records without actually performing any of their own songs? I would love to visit an actual performance, but just seeing them play records doesn't do it for me and I'm not sure whether it's worth going.

yeah that's what I was wondering, I'll go anyway it's always dope to hear artists doing their sets.

as for the album, I need to really digest it, but I wasn't blown away, but it's definitely a grower. I have some issues with Mayer's high pitched voice sometimes (just for this album), and the song structure, I think some vocals / melodies aren't convincing enough and the bridges are hit or miss. I will post a detailed review later. The Right Time is The Shit and I'll buy the album regardless  8)

Matty

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 04:19:58 PM »

yeah that's what I was wondering, I'll go anyway it's always dope to hear artists doing their sets.

as for the album, I need to really digest it, but I wasn't blown away, but it's definitely a grower. I have some issues with Mayer's high pitched voice sometimes (just for this album), and the song structure, I think some vocals / melodies aren't convincing enough and the bridges are hit or miss. I will post a detailed review later. The Right Time is The Shit and I'll buy the album regardless  8)

yeah i'm not surprised, given the strength of the EP i think it could of turned out a little better. i was hinting as such but it's hard for me to be down on this. what you said about the vocals is valid and comes up a few times. i said there were no skippables but there kinda is and it's for that reason. there's this one track with a high pitched vocal and whiny synth nearly all the way through (I Got U) and it's pretty annoying, lol.

Matty

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »

DJ set is generally just that, spinning records. likely some of their own too but not a performance per se. depends how far you gotta travel, no brainer if its local unless you have something better to do. i'd be on it if there was one here, a night of 80s funk with these guys behind the decks, yes please. would probably be a good chance to talk to them too 8)

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I don't know, if I can go there. I surely will drop you some feedback when I can make it, though.  8)

bouli77

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »
after numerous spins, i can safely say that's it's a very cohesive album and that I enjoy every track. not quite what I expected but they mastered their sound and it's well produced, rich sound and dope rhythmic guitars. I still stand by what I said about the song structures and the high pitched voices but I do enjoy most of the bridges. i thoroughly enjoyed the piano and guitar solos (see Two Wrongs)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:51:39 AM by bouli77 »

Matty

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I don't know, if I can go there. I surely will drop you some feedback when I can make it, though.  8)

where are you based Mr (Ko)Kane? i'm definitely going to the Rotterdam night, bought the tickets etc. good excuse for a weekend in Holland, will be flying on the Friday afternoon 8)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
This was posted on RGF yesterday.  Listened.  Real nice and smooth as expected.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Matty

terence chill

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
that berlin mix is the shiiiiiiiiit

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »
up

bouli77

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
i'm going with a few friends tomorrow 8) it's only a dj set though

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
fukken dope.

send me a lank for this shit im jamming to the stream now.