Author Topic: Tuxedo LP Out Now! (Mayer Hawthorne/Jake One)  (Read 5794 times)

djole 213

Matty

Re: Tuxedo LP Drops 3rd March 2015! (Mayer Hawthorne/Jake One)
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 03:45:51 AM »
'Roll Along' sounds most a 'Where Does This Door Go' leftover, the sound of that one is pretty different to most of the tracks. they said a few songs recorded in those sessions ended up on here. people can put 'Designer Drug' & 'Henny & Gingerale' on the back as bonus tracks too, originally meant for this.

bouli77

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 03:49:34 AM »
if henny & gingerale was on the tuxedo project, this would have been easily my favorite track. it's my favorite Mayer Hawthorne track ever, lol.

k1000

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
'Roll Along' sounds most a 'Where Does This Door Go' leftover, the sound of that one is pretty different to most of the tracks. they said a few songs recorded in those sessions ended up on here. people can put 'Designer Drug' & 'Henny & Gingerale' on the back as bonus tracks too, originally meant for this.

another bonus cut could be this Doom x Elzhi collab () but it never got released. They only played it at some SXSW show.

Matty

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 03:57:17 AM »

another bonus cut could be this Doom x Elzhi collab () but it never got released. They only played it at some SXSW show.

good lookin' never heard that one. may turn up on something one day...

bouli where you at? how was the set? 8)

bouli77

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 04:36:23 AM »
dj set was great, great vibe, we came early at about 6:30 but  they didn't start until 10ish and I left around half past midnight, didn't get to rest till the end but they played some of their album, so good, do it, the right time got the crowd hype, some already knew the lyrics lol. as expected a lot of 80's funk (atlantic starr, zapp, etc.), p-funk, punk funk and as I was about to leave they played back to back "give it to me baby", "ain't no fun" which segued into number one. my phone was dead (rookie mistake) so I couldn't take videos or pictures but I expect some footage to come out on youtube soon.

Matty

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 04:42:52 AM »
dj set was great, great vibe, we came early at about 6:30 but  they didn't start until 10ish and I left around half past midnight, didn't get to rest till the end but they played some of their album, so good, do it, the right time got the crowd hype, some already knew the lyrics lol. as expected a lot of 80's funk (atlantic starr, zapp, etc.), p-funk, punk funk and as I was about to leave they played back to back "give it to me baby", "ain't no fun" which segued into number one. my phone was dead (rookie mistake) so I couldn't take videos or pictures but I expect some footage to come out on youtube soon.

excellent 8) i'll try get some media on friday but it's not a priority over showing the dutchies how to get down 8) thinking if we stay till the end might get a chance to harass hawthorne a little, get a picture or something...

Matty

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:01 AM »
found this on YT, live rendition of 'Do It' 8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YkvG5EVTM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YkvG5EVTM</a>

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 12:43:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I don't know, if I can go there. I surely will drop you some feedback when I can make it, though.  8)

where are you based Mr (Ko)Kane? i'm definitely going to the Rotterdam night, bought the tickets etc. good excuse for a weekend in Holland, will be flying on the Friday afternoon 8)

I'm from Berlin and wanted to go there, but couldn't make it due to them starting too late that evening and nobody having time to join wasn't that great either. :P Hope they will be back again some time, but I really doubt it. I'm currently listening to the Berlin mix. That's exactly what I expected them to play...great stuff! 8) This project really is up to something, really like their approach to that old school Funk.

"Henny & Gingerale" is awesome, one of his best in my opinion. His "Where does this door" LP was good, but lacking some stand out tracks. My favorites are "Back Seat Lover", "Her Favorite Song" and "Wine Glass Woman", but "The Innocent" if good as well. "Allie Jones" always reminded me of Snoop's Reincarnated project, especially when comparing it to "Lighters Up". The first ever I'v heard of Mayer Hawthorne was when he did that "Gangsta Luv" remix for Snoop, followed with "Can't Stop" featuring Snoop. Really liked them and started to go through his catalogue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:53:29 PM by Mr.(Ko)Kane »

Matty

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:32 AM »
had a fun time in Holland, gotta say Rotterdam isn't half as interesting as Amsterdam...promptly headed there the next day 8)

we were jammin' at the front right on top of the DJ booth, good times. music was great throughout, got a little video clip to upload sometime too.

k1000

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2015, 12:31:52 AM »
and they do wear tuxedos  8)

djole 213

Re: Tuxedo LP Out Now! (Mayer Hawthorne/Jake One)
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
Live from Rotterdam (DJ Set)   https://soundcloud.com/tuxedofunk/rotterdam   8)

DJSpin

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »
Finally picked up the cd and this is my only real exposure to the group.  Going into it, the only comparison for me would have been chromeo. After a few play throughs, I must say I enjoy chromeos last two albums more.

Can anyone recommend anything better by these guys that I get also pick up?  Even a solo album by Hawthorne that's good?

k1000

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
After a few play throughs, I must say I enjoy chromeos last two albums more.

djole 213

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »
Tuxedo - Number One (Official Video)

8)