Author Topic: 50 Fluke’s 1st Week Sales Numbers For “Animal Ambition” Are In  (Read 954 times)

aerroc

The final numbers are in, and 50 Cent’s independent release Animal Ambition will break the Queens rapper’s streak of topping 100,000 units sold out the gate. Fiddy’s 5th studio album will open with under less than half of that amount in its first week.

According to Hits Daily Double, Animal Ambition pushed around 40,000 copies during its initial week. The final total is slightly higher than the 30,000 – 35,000 range the site predicted for the project, but it is still the lowest opening week sales of 50′s career.

Previous 50 Cent studio albums have all been commercially successfully. Get Rich or Die Tryin’ (872,000), The Massacre (1.14 million), Curtis (691,000), and Before I Self Destruct (160,000) opened with a minimum of 6-figures in units sold opening week and went on to reach at least gold status in the United States.

50 is planning to drop a second crappy album this year. Street King Immortal is scheduled to be released this September. The reunited GAY-Unit is also looking to release a project in November.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Blood$

Re: 50 Fluke’s 1st Week Sales Numbers For “Animal Ambition” Are In
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »
nobody thought he was going to do more than 100K first week lol so it's not a fluke

fluke for 50 Cent would be under 10K IMO and don't forget he's indie now so he still made bank off this first week alone

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:17:09 PM »
He probably made good money going independent though.  Not to mention his cut for youtube views.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
Lol I'm sure 50 is REALLY hurting as a result.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:51:46 PM »
yall dont understand the independent hustle....he made this album on the cheap. he pocketed the budget he keeps the lion share of what this album makes if buzz keeps generating then album sales will be semi consistent for the next few months. maybe he can put a summer jam out to give it some legs...as his first venture into being independent i think this is a good look but yall are stuck in the past and still thinking albums are getting multi  million dollar budgets and are expected to perform as they did 93-03...indepndant you actually anticipate the oppsoite i doubt they even pressed up 500k copies of this.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:02 PM »
yall dont understand the independent hustle....he made this album on the cheap. he pocketed the budget he keeps the lion share of what this album makes if buzz keeps generating then album sales will be semi consistent for the next few months. maybe he can put a summer jam out to give it some legs...as his first venture into being independent i think this is a good look but yall are stuck in the past and still thinking albums are getting multi  million dollar budgets and are expected to perform as they did 93-03...indepndant you actually anticipate the oppsoite i doubt they even pressed up 500k copies of this.

Don't hurt Correa's fantasy of someone he doesn't like failing.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
Some serious hating going on in here.  I don't think anyone was expecting him to do Interscope numbers.

nobody thought he was going to do more than 100K first week lol so it's not a fluke

fluke for 50 Cent would be under 10K IMO and don't forget he's indie now so he still made bank off this first week alone
  I think you have "fluke" confused with "flop".

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:39 PM »

end thread

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
Some serious hating going on in here.  I don't think anyone was expecting him to do Interscope numbers.

I think you have "fluke" confused with "flop".

same difference lol

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »
 Snoops last album only sold like 30,000 first week i think? so 40,000 is pretty good.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:13:12 AM »

end thread

not to mention all those unknown producers who prolly got their beat used free or VERY cheaply...theres really nothing left to say.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »

end thread

not to mention all those unknown producers who prolly got their beat used free or VERY cheaply...theres really nothing left to say.

I read an article on XXL with all of the producers from the album and majority of them sent those tracks to 50 back in 2008-2010 so you're absolutely right

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 08:25:22 AM »

This is the same excuse we used to give to artist he was hating on for going indy (Dipset) and 50 called BS on that excuse. He's eating crow right now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

aerroc

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
Lol I'm sure 50 is REALLY hurting as a result.

yeah his pride

aerroc

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »

who cares the point is indy or on aftermath this piece of garbage wasn't going to sell that's my point people dont give a shit bout him no more ;)