Author Topic: Would you guys buy an album from paypal? just from an e-mail address at paypal?  (Read 743 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I was going to buy that little HRSMN EP that Canibus was advertising on his facebook.  But they just give www.paypal.com and then some email address like LTHNPRODUCTS@gmail.com

...I guess you just write down which product you want?  Sounds kind of wack to me.  Would you guys buy an album this way?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

hell no.  :-\ :-\
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hell no.  :-\ :-\

yeah man.. it just seemed wack to me. I mean in this day when people just download everything digitally, I am one of the few that will still try to buy an album from an artist official website if I care about the artist and want to support them.  I bought a Jedi Mind Tricks album this way from their official site, and I bought Snoop's Reincarnation album from the official site.

...but buying like that from paypal seemed kind of wack.  And I questioned Canibus on it at facebook... and they were like, "What's the problem?" and they just reposted PAYPAL and an e-mail address.  

doggfather

sounds wierd, but looks good:
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
What do you mean with "it's wack"? That you might get scammed and won't have a way of getting your money back or that it's just not appropriate for Canibus to sell his music that way?
It will always be 1993 to me.

GangstaBoogy

Some artist did that not too long ago...I wanna say Lil Kim?

But its safe though. Paypal is 100% reliable and ALWAYS refunds money if there's any sort of fraud/scam.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

J. B A N A N A S

Paypal is safe but there's so many other lanes like iTunes or Bandcamp that are better streamlined and more attractive.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What do you mean with "it's wack"? That you might get scammed and won't have a way of getting your money back or that it's just not appropriate for Canibus to sell his music that way?

I know paypal is safe.  I've bought things through paypal before but that was only after going to a website or person to person transaction.  This is just too confusing.  There is no product to click on, it just says... "Go to paypal.com, and here is the e-mail address".  Too confusing for me.

The presentation of it.  It's like I am doing the work to buy the album.  If I'm going to put in that kind of work why not download it?  I mean... how you present a product is important.  There is no product presentation.  At least at a website there is an advertisement for the album and you simply click to buy.  

But yo... they just give an e-mail address, that's it.  So where do I even specify what product I want to buy?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:34:57 PM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »

KrazySumwhat

i had a bad experience with Daz and pay pal didn't do shit. but i did have one other bad experience through pay pal and pay pal got me my money back, i guess its a risk you take?
 Pay pal safe as fuck via a web site or ebay but with an email theres always some risk and pay pal should help you out if you get fucked over.

Hack Wilson - real

Some artist did that not too long ago...I wanna say Lil Kim?

But its safe though. Paypal is 100% reliable and ALWAYS refunds money if there's any sort of fraud/scam.

not true.  see Daz Dillinger lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but still nobody has answered my question...

If you not re-located from a website.  And you are just sending money to an e-mail on paypal.  How do you specify which product you want? 

MUHFUKKA

If you not re-located from a website.  And you are just sending money to an e-mail on paypal.  How do you specify which product you want? 
in an email idiot

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

KrazySumwhat

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I already did that bro... I logged into paypal.  And the options are to send money or whatever.

So if I send money it will ask what e-mail to send to and if it is a person or business or whatever.  There is no option to specify what product you are buying

• Muthafuckin' Don!

in an email idiot

First of all... I'm not sending an e-mail.  I trying to buy a product.  They give an e-mail and a link to paypal and don't say shit else.  So I'm assuming I go to paypal and send money to that e-mail address.  It doesn't say shit about e-mailing them.