Author Topic: T.I. - ''Paperwork:The Motion Picture'' [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]  (Read 6366 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: T.I. - ''Paperwork:The Motion Picture'' [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
RepeatMaterial, tell me how great the cover is. How it may just be the best cover of all-time.

Blood$

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:28 AM »
that cover looks more promising than the actual music

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
On Tuesday August, 12th at an Invite-Only event held at Simons Nightclub in Downtown Gainesville LouddMagazine in conjunction with Aviators Design Studio, and many more entities, had the pleasure and opportunity to get a sneak listen to T.I.’s new album Paperwork: The Motion Picture.

Dubbed “The King of the South”, T.I. both entertained and enticed us with 8 exclusive tracks from his new album, and let us be the first to tell you this album will be worth the short wait as it is set to be released in mid-September. This marks the beginning of a new era for the Atlanta born rapper, who recently cut ties with Atlantic Records. This new album will be produced under Columbia Records with Pharrell signed on to be Executive Producer.

We had the chance to have a brief Q&A session with the rapper, and from the experience it’s clear to see that this man is nothing short of genuine a humble man with a heart for his family and the people who helped him to stardom, his fans. He spoke with us about what went into making this project, and how he created a timeless album that had a great amount of soul.

The headbanger track, ‘G-Sh**’, the title track ‘Paperwork’, and the smooth and gritty sounds of ‘About my Issues’ exemplify that this project is sure to be just what he set out for it to become, simply a classic. He also kept in line with what we have grown to love from him, which is hardcore, unrelenting, lyricism the track ‘King’ conveys that “The King” still wears that crown and it hasn’t faltered one bit.

Unquestionably the track ‘New National Anthem’ hits to the heart, it expresses the angst that we are facing right now with the social unrest going on around the nation. When questioned about what inspired this track he stated, “Certain things need to be said, and I’m the only one who will talk about it, so I did”. Unapologetically raw and politically charged, this song will get you into action.

The album also has a few featured artists from Young Jeezy, Nipsey Hustle, Chris Brown, and a local group from Atlanta called ‘Watch the Duck’ (check out their video below) T.I. did not leave us with any doubt that his ninth album will be true to “The King of the South”

He also got candid with the listeners and spoke about the artist’s he’d love to work with in the future like, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Sade and Prince to name a few. He also talked about his motivations for signing Iggy Azalea to his Grand Hustle label, and he says that no one else was going against the grain, that’s what he wanted to achieve by signing the Australian-born rapper.

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
I'll check it. TI's disappointed me recently but was consistently dope for a good while. When does it actually drop?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
I'll check it. TI's disappointed me recently but was consistently dope for a good while. When does it actually drop?
October 21st.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

aerroc

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »
October 21st.

lol your hero better pray kendrick doesn't release his album in October

Blood$

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »
best to throw Doe B and Trae on the album

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2014, 05:39:44 AM »
October 21st.

ain't nobody waitin' on that shit but you.

Blood$

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »
October 21st.

if T.I. sells more than Kendrick I'll delete my account here lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »
October 21st.

if T.I. sells more than Kendrick I'll delete my account here lol

I'll delete mine too.

Kendrick alone will outsell him. But then factor in Dre will have a hand in on this & Eminem will bring his audience in & Kendrick could be looking at huge numbers.

Good Kid, M.A.A.D city sold over a million.

Blood$

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2014, 07:47:43 AM »
T.I. hasn't sold a million since 2009 and hasn't gone Gold since 2010 lol can't imagine he'll crack 300-400K with this release

if Ross and Jeezy are barely touching Gold then Tip has a pretty ill fate awaiting

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »
T.I. hasn't sold a million since 2009 and hasn't gone Gold since 2010 lol can't imagine he'll crack 300-400K with this release

if Ross and Jeezy are barely touching Gold then Tip has a pretty ill fate awaiting
trouble man went gold. t.i.'s new album has the potential to go platinum or multiplatinum like any other artist. what ross and jeezy has done ain't ever affected what t.i. done so whatever they sold has nothin' to do wit tip.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
T.I. shares sneak peek of ‘Paperwork’ in STL, talks police violence with ‘New National Anthem’

“Home of the brave and free…free just to murder me,” pop singer Skylar Grey croons on the hook of rap star T.I.’s “New National Anthem.” “Land of the beautiful, cursed by the hate we throw.”

Even for a rapper who made a name for himself through music that chronicled his hustler days on the streets of Atlanta, the song is easily his most politically charged and controversial to date.

T.I. made a visit to St. Louis Monday night, where he spoke with Hot 104.1 FM afternoon personality A-Plus about the release of his ninth studio album “Paperwork.”

But a major item on the agenda was the subject matter of the album’s third single – which rings loud and clear in the wake of the Michael Brown tragedy.

“Land of the handgun, home of the shotgun – you dead if you ain’t got one,” T.I. comes behind Grey’s vocals.

“Man, officer, what I do? Don’t shoot, I live over there,” T.I. says on the record in between his verses. “What the [expletive] y’all know about being a black man in America?”

One might assume it was written in response to Brown’s tragic death at the hands of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on August 9.

Through his chat with A-Plus, the select group invited to the Marquee to give “Paper Work” an advance listen learned otherwise:

“Although the inspiration to release it was because of the untimely tragedy of Michael Brown, the song was written back when Trayvon Martin’s situation was taking place,” T.I. told A-Plus. “And I don’t KNOW whether to call it fate or destiny or tragedy or what – but as time rolled around history has repeated itself, unfortunately, and now I’m the position where I was like ‘people need to hear this.’”

Collective head shakes and “mmm” rang through the crowd as he gave insight as to why the song – which is a stark contrast to the club bangers and trap music that come together in “Paperwork” – made its way onto the album.

“I was like ‘you need to put this out, people need to hear this,’” T.I. said.

The single was a free download before it was added to “Paperwork,” which hits the streets on October 21.

“It’s not about money. It’s not about selling records. This is just a message I feel that can’t nobody do but me and ain’t nobody doing but me and we needed to put it out,” T.I. said.

“I didn’t have no ulterior motive. It’s not for sale. I just really wanted to inspire people and give them something to think about. Sometimes if you don’t have another piece of insight or voice of reason – and nobody’s giving you nothing else positive or inspirational to think on – all you’ll do is act on your natural instincts.”

Making a new classic:

T.I. also spent plenty of time speaking on “Paperwork” as a whole and how he flipped the script on his original concept to take his first album for Columbia Records.

“The music kinda switched a little bit,” T.I. said. “I switched labels and it just felt like I was heading in a different direction with a different tone and a different vibe – and I didn’t want to bring old [expletive] to a new situation.”

“Paperwork” showcases features with hip-hop’s newest It girl Iggy Azealia, Boosie and Chris Brown, to name a few. Based on the songs he played for the audience – which included “Jet Fuel,” “King” “G [expletive]” and “Private Show” – “Paperwork” still manages to echo classic T.I.

He confessed that “Paperwork” was his attempt to raise his own personal bar.

“I feel like ‘Paper Trail’ has been hailed as one of my most creative or most diverse albums, so if I’m stepping into a new situation, I’m gonna try and knock out the best [expletive] I‘ve ever done so far,” T.I. said. “That was my intention and creatively, just from the standpoint of satisfying the demographic of fans that started out buying albums even before ‘Paper Trail.’”

He also spoke on his continued creative partnership with Pharrell – which continued on “Paperwork” and began long before Pharrell became an international sensation with his feel-good hit “Happy” – back when T.I. was one of many rappers on the ATL leg of the Dirty South hip-hip scene trying to make a name for himself.

“The very first record I put out was with Pharrell. My very first trip to the studio, Pharrell was there,” T.I. said. “And I’ve always been taught that you’ve got to rock with who rocks with you. Whoever makes themselves available – whoever dedicated the time, effort and energy into my life passion – I have to give them the same opportunity

Blood$

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »

trouble man went gold. t.i.'s new album has the potential to go platinum or multiplatinum like any other artist. what ross and jeezy has done ain't ever affected what t.i. done so whatever they sold has nothin' to do wit tip.

anybody not named Eminem, Jay-Z, or Drake is going Platinum anymore in hip-hop sorry bro (even including Kanye or Wayne)

Ross and Jeezy didn't do anything to affect Tip but they're all in the same lane musically and have all had similar consistent sales over the years that's the only reason I brought them up

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »

anybody not named Eminem, Jay-Z, or Drake is going Platinum anymore in hip-hop sorry bro (even including Kanye or Wayne)

Ross and Jeezy didn't do anything to affect Tip but they're all in the same lane musically and have all had similar consistent sales over the years that's the only reason I brought them up
not in the same lane at all...you are crazy. t.i. sold more records them both of them and if you think only the three you named is the only ones that can go platinum you smokin' sherm.