Author Topic: T.I. - ''Paperwork:The Motion Picture'' [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]  (Read 6373 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: T.I. - ''Paperwork:The Motion Picture'' [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
CM did you listen to the shitty webrip that's out or did the executives at Grand Hustle send you an exclusive hard copy?

still not checking for this until GroupRip is out
LOL the rip I got is pretty good but when the cd drop I'm coppin' it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »
pharrell did a phenomenal job on the 4 he produced. g shit is flames.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
Correction: 2/10 1.5/10

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »
album is 10/10. album of the year.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2014, 05:10:36 PM »
Correction: 2/10 1.5/10 1/10

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
0/10

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »

Last night, Columbia Records held a small and intimate listening party for T.I.’s upcoming 9th studio album, Paperwork: The Motion Picture at their offices in midtown Manhattan. Though Tip himself couldn’t make it—he called in on a conference call during the session and said he was tied up filming a movie that was taking longer than expected—his new label (after a decade signed to Atlantic) did show a video that T.I. filmed where he broke down the four singles that had been previously released. While the guests sat around a conference table taking in drinks named after some of the tracks on his album—”G’Shit” was a Jack and coke, “No Mediocre” a vodka cranberry concoction and “About The Money” a vodka orange juice—Tip explained how singles “Paperwork,” “New National Anthem,” “About The Money” and “No Mediocre” came about.

“['New National Anthem'] spoke to me in a way where I said, man, I should probably put this out,” T.I. said about the Skylar Grey-assisted track, which he said he wrote over a year ago around the time the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin verdict was announced. “People need to hear this now.” He also explained his relationship with Young Thug, saying that he knew Thugger from things around the city outside of music but decided to collaborate with him after the success of “Stoner” and “Danny Glover” began to prove that Thug wasn’t messing around when it came to music. The two apparently have another 12 or 13 records in the bank in addition to “About The Money.”

The label played the entire 18-track deluxe version of Paperwork as well, which is very feature-heavy—only three of the tracks are solo T.I. songs, and two of those are deluxe bonus cuts—and there are plenty of standout moments. ”G’Shit,” featuring Jeezy and Watch The Duck, is an old-school, off kilter country swamp banger that drips with the type of swag that you could hear Big Boi rhyme over if he was ridin’ dirty through ATL without a care in the world. ”Jet Fuel” with Lil Boosie leans more towards the darker side of Southern trap and Boosie couldn’t sound more at home. Badazz was emotional and vulnerable on his verse on Jeezy’s “Beez Like,” but he gets sinister and calculating on the Paperwork track. Nipsey Hu$$le delivers a standout verse on “About My Issue,” though the Usher-assisted “At Ya Own Risk” may have been a better fit, production-wise, for his brand of L.A. rap. And two of the album’s later cuts, “On Doe, On Phil” featuring Trae Tha Truth and “Light ‘Em Up” featuring Pharrell and Watch The Duck are meditations on friends lost to the game, with a particularly gutting spoken-word section about the night Doe B died dividing the tracks.

Paperwork drops next week on Oct. 21, but it’s streaming now on iTunes right here. —Dan Rys

aerroc

« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08:25 PM »

if this is the best effort ti can do kendrick easily gonna take album of the yeah with a whole lot less features  :D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »

if this is the best effort ti can do kendrick easily gonna take album of the yeah with a whole lot less features  :D
nah. I don't know what happened but kendrick voice ain't been the same (wink). nigga gonna be soundin' like michel'le in a minute.

aerroc

« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
i still wonder how ti got away with this

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »
i still wonder how ti got away with this

the same way oj got away wit murder.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
and he bought them out a gun store. you act like he got 'em off the street.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
Can't get over how bad this is.

Blood$

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »
gave it one full listen and here are my pure unadulterated unbiased high thoughts:

1. King - 4/5, good opener but not as good as previous ones, he sounds focused
2. G Sh*t (feat. Jeezy & WatchTheDuck) - 3.5/5, beat is dope I imagined Clipse on it being more epic, hook was kinda weak on the low but not terrible, Jeezy was a good fit for the song
3. About the Money (feat. Young Thug) - 2/5, production grew on me over time but Young Thug was sewage on this, shame on TIP for giving this dude light, he wasn't much better than him on it either
4. New National Anthem (feat. Skylar Grey) - 2/5, I get it that he wanted to go for a positive message but this sounds like some Recovery/Lasers bullshit overall
5. Oh Yeah (feat. Pharrell) - 4/5, I rock with it
6. Private Show (feat. Chris Brown), 2.5/5, I was a little generous rating just because of the sample but this is a dud
7. No Mediocre (feat. Iggy Azalea) - 2/5, YG or Ty$ should have gotten this beat, shit's trash
8. Jet Fuel (feat. Lil Boosie) - 4/5, this is hard... Boosie ate this track
9. Paperwork (feat. Pharrell) - 3/5, it's smooth but there's something off about it and I don't know if it's T.I.'s flow or the beat or both, it could grow on me over time
10. Stay (feat. Victoria Monet) - 2/5, sap music
11. About My Issue (feat. Victoria Monet & Nipsey Hussle) - 4.5/5, now this sounds like some throwback TIP, Nipsey murdered it and the hook was nice
12. At Ya Own Risk (feat. Usher) - 3/5, probably the only decent chick song on here so far, it gets a pass
13. On Doe, On Phil (feat. Trae The Truth) - 4.5/5, this one's crazy I can't front, Trae goes off on his old shit  :o
14. Light Em Up (RIP Doe B) (feat. Pharrell & WatchTheDuck) - 4/5, it was only right he gave Doe B his tribute
15. Let Your Heart Go (Break My Soul) (feat. The-Dream) - 2.5/5, not a fan of The-Dream, production was too poppy for the subject matter
16. Sugar Cane - 3/5, not bad but not that good either
17. I Don’t Know - 4/5, another one that sounds like Trap Muzik ish, wouldn't be surprised if this was older from the stash
18. You Can Tell How I Walk (feat. Rick Ross) - - 3.5/5, one of their better collaborations but Ross got over on him again, this one was catchy

does have a few solid jams but all together this album flows terribly all over the place and doesn't stay on track especially from 3-10

Paper Trail had some pop-ish tracks but it was cohesive and structured properly, this one lacks direction all together plus he could have easily swiped some of the songs from the Hustle Gang tape to replace the shitty joints on here and made this almost worth purchasing, but then it would still sound like a T.I. compilation either way

Trap Muzik > Paper Trail > King > Trouble Man > Urban Legend > T.I. vs T.I.P. > Paperwork > I'm Serious > No Mercy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:56:26 PM by Blood$ »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
he sux