Author Topic: Underrated Snoop Dogg Songs  (Read 4743 times)

WestSideDon

Underrated Snoop Dogg Songs
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
Regularly listening to some lesser known snoop cuts the last couple days, so I'm asking you:
Which are his most underrated songs ? Can be from albums, mixtapes and everything else.

I'ma go with a song most people won't know that well:

Dope as fuck. Classic Beat, Snoops Part is great so is Sean Pauls, and the hook is awesome.

Fresh Bone

Re: Underrated Snoop Dogg Songs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:52:49 PM »
Snoop Dogg Feat. Lil' Half Dead - Show You How The Gangstas Do [Terrace Martin]

Without doubt (in my mind), one of Snoop's hardest tracks since Doggystyle. The beat, lyrics, flow, subject matter were all on point.
These are the type of songs Snoop needs to make more of.

westside159

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »
Sixx minutes" is underrated classic Snoop off the Doggfather album .

WestSideDon

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:58:06 PM »

Without doubt (in my mind), one of Snoop's hardest tracks since Doggystyle. The beat, lyrics, flow, subject matter were all on point.

About to listen to this, expecting much from your description ^^
And @westside159 how is sixx minutes classic snoop ? Beat is dope, but snoop couldve done much better on it. At least in my opinion.
Another really underrated snoop song is "Big Dog" from his "Raw N Uncut" OST/Compilation.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »
from Da Game is to be Sold, not to be Told :

I Can't Take The Heat : always loved Mia X's verses and Snoop came correct, classic sample and nice hook
 Game of Life : Bay 2 LA, Steady Mobbin and Snoop, not the best song using the 5 Minutes of Funk sample but still dope

other songs :

Let's Get Blown : modern G-Funk, pharell killed his parts and you can't go wrong with a Slave sampled
Signs : might get a lot of hate for this but I do think it's a dope, catchy single and kudos for having Charlie Wilson on the track redoing his Early in the Morning bridge.
Succ a Dicc : off Welcome to tha Chuuuuch Volume 1 with Daz and Uncle June Bugg, perfect summer song

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
boss life
round here
true lies
stacy adams
don't tell
buck 'em
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

escowino

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 07:15:36 PM »
I like these songs from the "Unreleased Heat Rocks" album: "Wanna Bz ft. Nate Dogg, Jeezy", "Look Around ft. J. Black", "Long Gone ft. Denaun". Also since Pharrell has linked up with Snoop again, my favorite song by them is "It Blows My Mind" from the Neptunes album. Also the song "My Peoples"   . And the song "Pop Lockin" off the Silk the Shocker album which always felt like a Snoop song to me. And "Feels So Good" from the Ride OST.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
boss life
round here
true lies
stacy adams
don't tell
buck 'em

Yeah, I always loved that cut. BCT was the last Snoop album I really enjoyed.

adi760

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 08:50:13 AM »
Groupie from Doggfather  8) This should be third single, instead of Vapors.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

WestSideDon

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »

Actually knew this song, its on the Unreleased Heatrocks Compilation, where its called "Gangstas Due". Still dope as fuck. Bumpin that song regularly.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »
-"Ride On" feat. Kurupt - Single off of the Caught Up soundtrack

-"You Bring Me Up" KC and JoJo single

-"Hooked" - banger on the I Got The Hookup Soundtrack

-"Still A G Thang"  - I loved this song from the moment it came out.  Meach produced the one bright spot on an otherwise garbage album prod. by Beats by the Pound

-"Buck Um" - This song was sensational.  Right away when you heard it open up the Top Dogg album you knew Snoop had finally returned to old form

-"Life Goes On" - Touching solo track to end the first Eastsidaz album.

-"Purple" -rare version hard to find.  This was on a bootleg of what became Tha Last Meal.  Seemed like it had elements from Dre's "Zoom".

-"Ya'll Gone Miss Me" -  A great track to close out the Last Meal album

-"Go Away"-  Another hott joint from Last Meal.  Kind of a more conscious Snoop joint.  Snoop had really gotten back into a zone during that period of West Resurgence surrounding the Up In Smoke Tour

-"Balls of Steal" -  Another nice solo joint from the Eastsidaz first album.  I know he basically remade an old school hip-hop joint from the 80's on this one, shit was dope.

-"Smooth"?? feat. Nate and Techniec?  - this was an unreleased joint from the Fucc Deathrow bootleg around 98'.  It's the song where Tech says he's the "Doggfather's lil homie" and Snoop says, "Ain't that funny/ how I got lil homies now/ I remember when I was just a lil Bow Wow"

-"Change Gone Come" feat. Val Young  - This was actually supposed to be a single for a 3rd album, it was even featured in that Source cover article when Snoop was trying to get off of Death Row

-"Rock Your Body Rock Your Soul" - feat. Nate, Kurupt, E-40 - another nice cut off the Fuck Deathrow bootleg

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 03:05:59 AM »
boss life
round here
true lies
stacy adams
don't tell
buck 'em

List is on point. Buck 'em is a stand out Deathrow vibe track.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Lucifuge

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 03:24:02 AM »
Buck em. dope ass beat 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Okka

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 04:13:16 AM »
There's too many to list, but if we're talkin' about songs that weren't on his albums, here's some of my favorites.

"Back Up Hoe" (feat. Goldie Loc)
"Do Do (Battlecat G-Mix)" (feat. Beanie Sigel, Soopafly, Freeway, E-White & Kokane)
"Gangsta Move"
"Hooked"
"Just Dippin (Battlecat G-Mix)" (feat. Dr. Dre & Butch Cassidy)
"Legend Of Jimmy Bones" (with RBX & MC Ren)
"Ride On (Caught Up)" (with Kurupt)

I know i'm missin' some songs. Can't forget the remix of "Murder Was The Case", that's my favorite Snoop song of all times.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 04:54:24 AM »
There's too many to list, but if we're talkin' about songs that weren't on his albums, here's some of my favorites.

"Back Up Hoe" (feat. Goldie Loc)
"Do Do (Battlecat G-Mix)" (feat. Beanie Sigel, Soopafly, Freeway, E-White & Kokane)
"Gangsta Move"
"Hooked"
"Just Dippin (Battlecat G-Mix)" (feat. Dr. Dre & Butch Cassidy)
"Legend Of Jimmy Bones" (with RBX & MC Ren)
"Ride On (Caught Up)" (with Kurupt)

I know i'm missin' some songs. Can't forget the remix of "Murder Was The Case", that's my favorite Snoop song of all times.

Agree with a few of yours like "Hooked", "Just Dippin", and "Ride On"....

...but as for "Murder Was The Case" that track is highly rated as one of the biggest and most celebrated tracks of Snoops career.  Even alternative heads loved that shit when it was out.  The track was so huge they remixed it and made a whole damn mini-movie for it.  That video version was in heavy rotation on MTV.  Whether your talking about the Doggystyle version of the track or the Soundtrack video version either way that joint was fuccin huge.  One of Snoop's all-time classic performances was at the MTV Awards when Swoop (?) brought him out in a wheelchair at a funeral on stage and he performed Murder Was the Case and declared his innocence at the end.  That's like the largest moment of Snoop's career.  Saying "Murder Was the Case" was under-rated is like saying "Gin and Juice" was under-rated.  

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:58:55 AM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)