Author Topic: some thoughts on life  (Read 380 times)

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
some thoughts on life
« on: March 31, 2003, 03:18:32 AM »
i believe everyone should enjoy life and should do what they want to do, no matter what it is.
lots of people live by the saying "you only live once".
its funny because most of the time, everyone who follows this statement portray it differently. the way i see it, this means that life is too short to waste working inside an office, and to have as much fun as possible, and to share life with your friends and loved ones as you choose to. other people see it as meaning to not fuck up this life, and be as successful in your career as possible, because it wont be only fucking up your wealth, but others around you, and effectively, your happiness and wellbeing. imo, these are people whose lives revolve around money, and not their own happiness, because you shouldnt have to rely on money to make you happy. although money makes some people happy, i dont really see how. lots of people say money cant buy happiness. sure, some people are happy with money, but imagine you are a rich kid and your parents own a hotshot company. they wouldnt really have time to spend with you, right? sure, you would have lots of money, but you wouldnt feel happy inside.
anyways, thats my 2 cents, dont call me stupid coz im voicing my opinion.

opinions plz. what is your outlook on life?

kick ass album

Don Seer

Re:some thoughts on life
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 03:20:13 AM »
i feel where ya coming from 100%

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 03:25:57 AM »
ohhh i just remembered a good quote (by some very rich guy i remember)

money doesnt bring u happiness, but it can bring you opportunities.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 03:29:40 AM »
ohhh i just remembered a good quote (by some very rich guy i remember)

money doesnt bring u happiness, but it can bring you opportunities.

yeah thats a good quote. but being filthy rich and getting everything u want wont gt you the happiness youre after. know what i mean?

kick ass album

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 03:38:05 AM »
yup yup... but i think the the point of that is... having money can put you into more situations where u can find happiness.

myself.. right now.. just trying to get mah shit together so i'm able to take whatever chances come my way... like for example.. keeping out of debt, i'm not tied to anything right now. if need be i'm flexible enough to make a move for that special person or circumstance or whatever.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 03:39:36 AM »
if you have money you have the opportunities ( - > quote) which can make you very happy-but a few mio. on bank wont make you happy
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 03:45:03 AM »
yup yup... but i think the the point of that is... having money can put you into more situations where u can find happiness.

yeah i agree... with money it is easier to find happiness..
but the way i see it, thats really only temporary happiness. the kind of happiness that many people sought after holds no real money value. it sort of depends how you define happiness.

damn i used the word happiness a lot in that... lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 03:45:56 AM by <THe aNSWeR> »

kick ass album

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 03:57:30 AM »
lol.... but if you have money to get out and about and meet people -opportunties-   compared to having to strive day to day to put a roof over your head.. of course the person with these chances has a greater chance to find happiness... i think you're mixing material and spiritual happiness up.

let me put it another way...
the point of that quote really is that.. a rich man *may be able to* find spiritual happiness more easily because his hands arent tied...

like i said above, i'm trying to keep myself flexible.. i could go and get a huge loan and get that really cool car... but whats it worth? i'd rather know that i owe no one anything... i'm free to do what i like. i can walk outta my job today and live for about a year without even having to get another job. thats just me though.. right now i don't want to be tied into my job, i'd rather not have that chain around my neck... but until i have another option its a necessary evil and i can save the money for a new car or whatever instead of borrowing
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 03:58:41 AM by overseer »

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 04:11:47 AM »
yeah all of that is true. guess it comes back to how you define happiness.

kick ass album

TheSheriff

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 04:26:18 PM »
I define happiness as having the opportunity to be alive.

My outlook on life is that there's people out there who will fuck you over, so prove them wrong.

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2003, 07:11:42 AM »
I define happiness as having the opportunity to be alive.

Yet...being alive and wasting it is not happiness, but i feel where ya coin from
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2003, 07:29:36 AM »
i feel where ya coming from 100%

i agree
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2003, 05:24:15 PM »
Love is happiness...

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2003, 10:08:45 PM »
I developed my own opinions about life and the meaning of it, etc, and then was impressed to find that many religions run along the same truths that I found on my own.  For instance:

Like a lot of the things you guys said, You only live life once.  What this means to me is, be important, do important things.  That doesn't mean run for president, it just means, do things that are meaningful.  Do things that are worthwhile, don't waste what is temporary, and what is finite.  

When you're born into the world, you have a family.  You know them until they leave this world.  Likewise, they are the people you will have the most joy with, and the people you will have the most despair with.  Nobody quite loves you like a family member, and you won't miss anyone as much as a departed family member.  The reason their is so much emotion involved with your family is, they are the most important thing in your life.  You are born into a family; later in life, you'll get a precious chance to add to that family.  

This brings me to companions.  If you're gay, you'll add 1 person to your family at best.  If you're heterosexual, you'll add as many as you want.  If you mess around and sleep with everybody in town, you'll add no serious relationships.  If you get married, you have the chance to gain a family member (spouse) who you'll love more than anybody else, and who will be your soulmate throughout life, and the opportunity to have children, and the joy you'll get from them will be unexplainable.  

To me, life is all about family, and helping others, mainly your family, have enjoyable lives.