Author Topic: Lill Troy - Wanna Be A Baller remix?  (Read 187 times)

TidyKris

Lill Troy - Wanna Be A Baller remix?
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
Anybody know of a remix of "Wanna Be A Baller" that was out around the time of the single release?

It was a little bit more upbeat with piano and trumpets and was loads better then the original. I used to hear it almost every week
on the Tim Westwood Radio One Rap Show in 2000 but cant find any trace of it online so im wondering if it was a bootleg version or something?

I have it on mini disc but seeing as i have no mini disc player anymore i cant put a clip up  ::)

Re: Lill Troy - Wanna Be A Baller remix?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »
Never heard a remix of this track, ever. I was quite into the whole mixtape thing back then and had promos of virtually everything and always went out of my way to hunt down bootlegs, alt mixes, remixes, pre's etc..

The only thing I can think of is a blend as Westwood used to get a lot of stuff from the Big Dog record pool and play it as an "exclusive" and the vinyl version of this track had the acapella on the B side.

You can buy a minidisc player on Gumtree for a fiver  8)

TidyKris

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
Never heard a remix of this track, ever. I was quite into the whole mixtape thing back then and had promos of virtually everything and always went out of my way to hunt down bootlegs, alt mixes, remixes, pre's etc..

The only thing I can think of is a blend as Westwood used to get a lot of stuff from the Big Dog record pool and play it as an "exclusive" and the vinyl version of this track had the acapella on the B side.

You can buy a minidisc player on Gumtree for a fiver  8)

Yeah that could of been it, i remember that was the only version of it he played. He never played to original so when i went out and got the album and actually
heard the original i was disappointed to say the least, could not believe how everybody was saying how dope the track was, i thought it was s**t. But i guess
that is what happens when you hear a better version/remix/whatever before you hear the original  ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »

You can buy a minidisc player on Gumtree for a fiver  8)

Yeah that could of been it, i remember that was the only version of it he played. He never played to original so when i went out and got the album and actually
heard the original i was disappointed to say the least, could not believe how everybody was saying how dope the track was, i thought it was s**t. But i guess
that is what happens when you hear a better version/remix/whatever before you hear the original  ;)

It more than likely would have been blended over an Outkast beat or similar if it had pianos and trumpets in it. Just find the beat and remake your blend.   8)