Author Topic: Ice Cube Responds To "Hardcore" Fans' Backlash Over "Drop Girl"  (Read 1078 times)

woof

Ice Cube says some fans will change their minds about "Drop Girl" when they see their girls dancing to it.

Ice Cube has responded to criticism over his recent "Drop Girl" single and video.

"To my hardcore fans, it's only one song," Ice Cube says in a video the rapper posted on Instagram. "When you see your girl dance to this shit, you'll love me again."

Ice Cube's video features the following caption: "A message to the hardcore!"

Cube was criticized for the 2 Chainz and Redfoo-assisted track by some, including HipHopDX reader "xhosa" who said the following in a comment for the "Drop Girl" video: "damn what a stupid song,why did Ice Cube have do this shit it useless..." Another reader, this one anonymous, called it "rotten." A reader who calls himself "REAL WIGGA" also commented, saying, "HILARIOUS. 2 STARS FOR BEING FUNNY."

Ice Cube spoke to HipHopDX about this in the past.

"It's a dope record," he said. "It's Ice Cube. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel at all. I'm just trying to be up to date with my topics and my flow."

adi760

Re: Ice Cube Responds To "Hardcore" Fans' Backlash Over "Drop Girl"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »
Good job people, U showed him that track is real garbage. He has to act like it's cool, but I think he realized that Drop Girl was a dumb move and never gonna do it again.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

aerroc

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
girls gonna say hey its 2 chains with that guy that does movies

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
LMAO

"even though my song sucks ass, the video will have some fat asses in it"

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »
Honestly, Cube should just retire from rap at this point. It's clear he's out of touch with his fans and foolish to think anyone wants to hear his old ass make songs like this. He's become lazy as fuck on the mic, and his ear for beats is fuckin horrible now. His last album had a few gems, but it was filled with garbage. He ain't motivated to make dope music anymore.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:36:46 PM »
Honestly, Cube should just retire from rap at this point. It's clear he's out of touch with his fans and foolish to think anyone wants to hear his old ass make songs like this. He's become lazy as fuck on the mic, and his ear for beats is fuckin horrible now. His last album had a few gems, but it was filled with garbage. He ain't motivated to make dope music anymore.

the only thing he can do to be relevant is hook up with the rest of Westside Connect and drop a final WC group album.  which they are capable of.

aerroc

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »

the only thing he can do to be relevant is hook up with the rest of Westside Connect and drop a final WC group album.  which they are capable of.

one irrelevant hooking up with other irrelevants not going to do nothing best thing for him to do is retire

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:19:39 AM »
so if cube know he has to say sorry after this why he made it?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 04:47:21 AM »
Cube aint a gangsta no more, nigga turned soft and sold out ... Dancin and shit making homo rap. House nigga is what he is. Fuck Ice cube

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

WestSideDon

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 05:45:05 AM »
Damn, Ice Cube just needs to retire from rap now. I mean he is and will always be one of my fav artists, but its kinda hard to defend him for makin shit like this. Its obvious that hes completely out of touch with todays rap scene and therefore he should just call it quits. Who the fuck wants to hear an old man desperately trying to sound modern and failing in every aspect of it ? From now on he should stick to movies in ordner to prevent himself from fuckin up his own legacy...

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
Damn, Ice Cube just needs to retire from rap now. I mean he is and will always be one of my fav artists, but its kinda hard to defend him for makin shit like this. Its obvious that hes completely out of touch with todays rap scene and therefore he should just call it quits. Who the fuck wants to hear an old man desperately trying to sound modern and failing in every aspect of it ? From now on he should stick to movies in ordner to prevent himself from fuckin up his own legacy...

Nigga already fucked up

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
at least he sad sorry..SNoop never did :)
his new album is also in EAski hands...it should be good...

u better check yoself before u wreck yoself ! im down with cube since 89!

the most garbage cube song is still better then most of the songs out there...and on the radio :)from everybody...
it aint cubes fault people only like gay and dance shit nowdays.....u need a comercial single ...! fuck bein underground all the time !

westside159

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
What happened to wanting to make a dope beat and a dope song with real lyrics . Drop girl is meaningless . In other words it doesn't count in the rap game . It goes down as a loss , not a win or victory . The song is terrible , real talk . Cube needs to listen to his old shit like  " It was a good day ,You know how we do it , The nigga you love to hate , Hello , Color blind , A bird in the hand ,  shit even songs like Pushin weight was dope . Cube step it up or stop making hip hop period.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 04:22:17 AM »
I thought I Am The West was dope

doggfather

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 04:28:37 AM »
I thought I Am The West was dope

the WEST part was ok, but the rest, the SOUTH part?!  :puke:
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ