Author Topic: How come none of yall talk about the new west yall stuck in the 90s  (Read 659 times)

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
I Understand the oldschool west was a golden era in music but yall act like the west isnt more poppin right now than it has in YEARS .. YG is all over the radio so is dj mustard ty dolla.. proiblem... dom kennedy and nip hussle getting love and NATIONWIDE im from NJ and my radio plays more cali then it does NY/NJ but yall stuck on DPG and ice cube and dj quik (which they are DOPE classic forever amazing) but the new west is dope to alot of posters here sound like grumpy old men and then yall hate on any of the OGs if they try to do somthing current like the westcoast HAS to be gang bangin 24/7
Latin Thug Passion

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How come none of yall talk about the new west yall stuck in the 90s
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »
don't know about you..but i'm down with AVLMKRS.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

aerroc

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
I Understand the oldschool west was a golden era in music but yall act like the west isnt more poppin right now than it has in YEARS .. YG is all over the radio so is dj mustard ty dolla.. proiblem... dom kennedy and nip hussle getting love and NATIONWIDE im from NJ and my radio plays more cali then it does NY/NJ but yall stuck on DPG and ice cube and dj quik (which they are DOPE classic forever amazing) but the new west is dope to alot of posters here sound like grumpy old men and then yall hate on any of the OGs if they try to do somthing current like the westcoast HAS to be gang bangin 24/7

i agree with you 100 % every time i come on here its always ice cube dr dre dj quick dpg ect im sick of it
but fuck yg and dj musterd
people here act like theres nothing hot these days this is the hottest the west been since the 90s

abusive

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:37 AM »
This is a older crowd. Quite frankly if it wasn't I wouldn't be here.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
This is a older crowd. Quite frankly if it wasn't I wouldn't be here.

Yup, we're sophisticated. Rocking khakis, chucks and doo rags with a crisp wifebeater....

... In 8 degree weather in Germany. Westside  ;D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »
in my mind it is still 1996, I never moved on
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
We're nostalgic old timers with good reasons...i thought u knew.
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:25:26 PM »
And why the hell not... I mean, shit is still coming out from that era.... I've been bumpin LBC Crew Haven't You Heard which is a newer release from WideAwake.  Shit is bangin and superior to anything coming out these days.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Because "new west" = "new south".  F all these sell out biters, Cube included.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »
Because "new west" = "new south".  F all these sell out biters, Cube included.

true.. the New West isn't really tight anyway.. I don't wanna diss cause I still support the West Coast, I bought Kendricks album because it was Dre, Aftermath, West Coast...but even Kendricks hit album I threw away after the first 4 tracks because it sounded too much like south shit

...Even Snoop and the Outlawz got together and did some sort of Trap music and that shit was wack.   Some of the only new shit I liked was Snoop's Reincarnation album but that was of course a Reggae/Rasta vibe

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »

true.. the New West isn't really tight anyway.. I don't wanna diss cause I still support the West Coast, I bought Kendricks album because it was Dre, Aftermath, West Coast...but even Kendricks hit album I threw away after the first 4 tracks because it sounded too much like south shit

...Even Snoop and the Outlawz got together and did some sort of Trap music and that shit was wack.   Some of the only new shit I liked was Snoop's Reincarnation album but that was of course a Reggae/Rasta vibe

you don't even listen to most Cali rap music rom the golden era

someone suggests Brotha lynch and you ignorantly say "he's from the bay area"   (When he's from sac town smh)

you oughta expand your rap horizons, sir.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

someone suggests Brotha lynch and you ignorantly say "he's from the bay area"   (When he's from sac town smh)

LOL@me needing to expand my horizons by way of listening to Brotha Lynch Hung.   Maybe your a superficial person so you don't really get deep into albums, you just bump them a few times and then on to the next artist.... or maybe I don't know Brother Lynch Hung but I can recite every line from Ras Kass Soul On Ice

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »

LOL@me needing to expand my horizons by way of listening to Brotha Lynch Hung.   Maybe your a superficial person so you don't really get deep into albums, you just bump them a few times and then on to the next artist.... or maybe I don't know Brother Lynch Hung but I can recite every line from Ras Kass Soul On Ice

just like that alias account that you claimed wasn't yours despite the soul on ice signature?

what does ras kass even have to do with bay area rap again?? :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »

just like that alias account that you claimed wasn't yours despite the soul on ice signature?

He doesn't have anything to do with the Bay... My point was that you may have listened to Bay Area rap I haven't heard... but I've also listen to a lot of rappers you either haven't heard, or maybe just listened to once or twice superficially—without really getting deep into their music

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »

He doesn't have anything to do with the Bay... My point was that you may have listened to Bay Area rap I haven't heard... but I've also listen to a lot of rappers you either haven't heard, or maybe just listened to once or twice superficially—without really getting deep into their music

you use Ras Kass as a clutch like he's some super secret underground rap weapon that nobody has heard of.......are you trolling at that point??