Author Topic: How come none of yall talk about the new west yall stuck in the 90s  (Read 664 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: How come none of yall talk about the new west yall stuck in the 90s
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:48 PM »
I listen to way more new stuff than old stuff, but I know that I won't listen to it much after a year or so.  Relevant or not, a lot of the new stuff lacks the stuff that makes it classic.  I bumped YG's shit A LOT and still do.  But I'm pretty sure that I probably won't play it much by the end of the year, and My Nigga and Who Do U Love probably won't still be setting the club off in five years.  They might play whatever new YG song there is (assuming his shelf life makes it that long), but his older stuff isn't going to get spins.  Kendrick might.

Go to a club in Vegas (assuming they are playing rap that night and not just the electronic stuff), and you will very likely hear California Love, Nuthin but a G Thang, What's My Name, etc. throughout the course of the night.  But you will hear almost no other West Coast rap from any point in between then and the current year's music, as very little of it has had replay value later through the years.  Stuff like We Can Freak It, Who Ride wit Us, Drop It Like It's Hot, Pitch in ona Party were all solid club bangers and from legendary emcees who coincidentally all had involvement with Death Row, but even those ones don't get that same classic status.  And that's why we reminisce so much on the old stuff.  And not even the club songs, even the hardcore shit too.  Bicken Back Being Bool is a hard ass song (and ten times more gangsta than any shit Game ever put out), but outside of Blood hoods, no one will bump it next year, whereas songs like Ambitionz az a Ridah and Gin & Juice will still get played in the car.

papa-smurf

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
the new west is winning in the streets right now.yg album was dope as fucc,kendeick,schoolboy q,nipsey,dj mustard is all winning right now

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
Suga Free is still putting out true West Coast music and being original.  "Gotta Get It" has great production.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
There's still 'NEW" shit I listen to but the overall quality has decreased. Especially when you talk about the shit they play on the radio. An Era like the 90's will never be back. Now a days you just need to pick and choose what you like. There's a lot more trash nowadays though.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:10 PM »

true.. the New West isn't really tight anyway..

That's far from truth - if people took they time and effort to check out New West rappers from Oakland to Southern Cali, they would discover some talented rappers with dope music.