Author Topic: Throwback joint for today: Pete Rock feat. Kurupt & Inspectah Deck, remember?  (Read 287 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I'm too lazy to embed the video onto here.  But ya'll remember this one?  Kind of a cool little video, and yes, that's Daz waving the flag at the end of the race.  Daz had gained a bit of weight but he was still in his prime at the time, this was around RRGB... Kurupt still had the swagger and the DPG name, but his skills had fallen off a bit.  

...This was in my depressed highschool days when I would sleep through school all day and come home and watch BETRapCity nearly every day during the school week, I would always sit down to do homework and end up staring at it for an hour and not getting anything done, anyway... This joint was a popular joint on the show RAPCity which was incredible back then, with the KRS1 intro, Joe Clair, girl Les, Tiger...  I was hyped to see Kurupt anytime he was on BET or MTV, but I didn't really know how to take this joint, because I wasn't really into East Coast rap yet at the time.  Here was Kurupt with two big name artists from the East Coast.  Still a cool joint though, I liked it...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:32:10 PM by Master P...Da Last Don »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

helluwa tight album!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

Strange Fruit > Tru Master

HighEyeCue

don't know why Pete Rock or Premier weren't involved with "Kuruption!"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

True... I think Kurupt might have felt that just with the DPG/Death Row background he really didn't have to try much with the Kuruption album.  It was a very sloppy work.  I mean, it had its highs and its lows, but very inconsistent.

"We Can Freek It" was a good enough lead single, but "GimmeWhatYouGot" was an aweful choice for a follow-up and the video was very cheap... Then he makes a great effort to come back with "Questions" for the next single and video, but "Questions" didn't even get put on the album in time and ended up being like a bonus/hidden track.  It just made the whole thing look sloppy like it was just thrown on there.

The publicity for the album was also very cheap and sloppy. He had ads running non-stop on BET for the album and they were corny as hell.  He has so much credibility from his Death Row days he shouldn't have done corny and cheap stuff like that.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

True... I think Kurupt might have felt that just with the DPG/Death Row background he really didn't have to try much with the Kuruption album.  It was a very sloppy work.  I mean, it had its highs and its lows, but very inconsistent.

"We Can Freek It" was a good enough lead single, but "GimmeWhatYouGot" was an aweful choice for a follow-up and the video was very cheap... Then he makes a great effort to come back with "Questions" for the next single and video, but "Questions" didn't even get put on the album in time and ended up being like a bonus/hidden track.  It just made the whole thing look sloppy like it was just thrown on there.

The publicity for the album was also very cheap and sloppy. He had ads running non-stop on BET for the album and they were corny as hell.  He has so much credibility from his Death Row days he shouldn't have done corny and cheap stuff like that.

yeah he should of just listened to Dre and cut the filler into one album with a few east coast cuts