Author Topic: RESURGING or NEW ARTIST ADVICE ***FEEDBACK HEAVILY APPRECIATED****  (Read 163 times)

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
I know we're all listeners to different type of Music and what not, but being from the Westcoast!

But what can a New Artist or Resurging Artist brought back from the Dead can do to pretty much be that Gold Mine in Rap for the Westcoast.

Now I listen to the Problems, Bad Lucc's, YG, Ab Soul's, Schoolboy Q, K-Dot, Glasses, IamSu, Balance, Bishop Lamont, Joe Moses, Compton AV, DomK, Nipsey, Skeme

And in all actuality I'm not that impressed by these Guys Mixtapes or EP's. Now Kendrick I can appreciate, not just by subject matter but taking that risk stepping outside of his comfort zone, because I remember a time he sounded pretty identical to lil wayne at first, but he ended up finding his own mold so to say. I'm proud of him, My hats off.

But I feel We still need a good Staple of MC's on the West, and I mean one who can hop in a cypher with Eminem, Canibus, then turn around and murder the Dipset and Biggie, Jay and Nas, Can kill a roundabout with the Roots, Mos Def, Common, and still kill mainstream.

I don't know, it just feels like something is Missing from the West. I'm riding with K-Dot, but my boy gonna need some Help pretty soon.

Like what can an artist do independently? How can he market his-self to this Dubcnn crowd of faithful followers to be accepted. let alone the world. Without spamming muthafuckaz with wack shit like the rest of these clowns do.

Like help me figure this out!!!

Thanks Dub Brothers & Ladies