Author Topic: How do you feel about Mausberg?  (Read 379 times)

abusive

How do you feel about Mausberg?
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »
I only heard a few songs from him and that was recently. I liked one song heavy can't remember the name. His other stuff was ok but his production didn't really fit him. I was surprised to see that Game was influenced by him. I never heard that mentioned but when I heard him I could definitely hear Game. What are your thoughts?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: How do you feel about Mausberg?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »
I only heard a few songs from him and that was recently. I liked one song heavy can't remember the name. His other stuff was ok but his production didn't really fit him. I was surprised to see that Game was influenced by him. I never heard that mentioned but when I heard him I could definitely hear Game. What are your thoughts?

i think alot of his stuff was rushed to cash in on his death

i remember quik shittin on bungalo for the rush job they did with non fiction

after readin a couple of interviews..from quik..n me goin back in revisitin his non ficition album n the stuff he did with snoop n quik...u can tell

MOBNigga06

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
A real dope rapper. Sounded great on Quik's beats. Always came correct with his lyrics, didn't spit a wack verse.

Probably would have gotten even better with time if he lived longer.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »
I feel Mossberg lived by the shotgun and died by the gun a logical tragic end when you're in the dope game i suppose.

Artistically he was talented and about to become Quik's n°1 soldier to rep the west, i don't think he would have had nationwide attention though unless he joined a more solid camp.During the short life span he lived he had a couple goodies for us starting in '98 on rhythm-al-ism  with the epic "down,down,down" jam. The rest is history, may he rest in peace.

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
It's tough to call.  He had some really great features on Quik's shit and a real commanding voice but who knows?  He died really early in his career to where we only really got a taste.  Damn shame.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
He sounded great on DJ Quik production.  Too early to tell how he would have been on his own.  Couldn't really tell if it was Mausberg or Quik that made the songs good.  In any event, the songs that are out there for the most part are good.  There were a few duds on NonFiction, but i'd say 3/4ths of it was good.  Love that last song "Life Goes On", still bump it to this day!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
Overrated.

I mean dude sounded decent, but we didn't hear enough of him for the feedback I've seen him receive on this forum.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:36:10 AM »
he's aight.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

MOBNigga06

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 08:21:27 AM »
I understand why people are skeptical about the reputations of dead rappers - they tend to be rated too high cause of their death - but Mausberg ain't overrated.

Mausberg made some classics:

I CAN FEEL THAT
GET NEKKID
MUSHROOMS
THE TRUTH IS
IT'S LIKE EVERYDAY

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.