Author Topic: What are all the Doggystyle Leftovers ?  (Read 1997 times)

WestSideDon

Re: What are all the Doggystyle Leftovers ?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 05:32:11 AM »
The dudes who hold all the recording dates for the death row sessions would be able to tell you *exactly* what's what

And who are those guys ?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 07:08:25 AM »
Doggystyle could have been even better with all these tracks...crazy

dnjp4life

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

The thing is the album is just about the right length and doesn't outstay its welcome.  If the assorted extra tracks were put on there (with the exception of 'G'z Up, Hoez Down', which is really good), then it would have suffered, much like most other Snoop albums, which have way too many tracks on them.

WestSideDon

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 02:59:29 PM »

The thing is the album is just about the right length and doesn't outstay its welcome.  If the assorted extra tracks were put on there (with the exception of 'G'z Up, Hoez Down', which is really good), then it would have suffered, much like most other Snoop albums, which have way too many tracks on them.

Don't think so. The thing is on snoops latest albums there were alway a bunch of unnecessary filler tracks. But the songs were discussing here are all classic 5/5 snoop doggy dogg death row shit. If you play doggystyle today it alway feels like time is flying, and if you would include more of those classic songs it would still be the same thing. If all the songs on an album are straight, dope 5/5 tracks it might aswell be longer, would be absolutely no problem. Filler songs are something completely different.

jman91331

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »
Yeah Dr. Dre always said Doggystyle was unfinished and they were pressured into rushing to finish it. That's why they did that 48 hour session to just wrap it up with what they had, add the skits to it, & mix it. I could imagine if the album would've came out to Dre's standards, would've been even more of a classic.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
Yeah Dr. Dre always said Doggystyle was unfinished and they were pressured into rushing to finish it. That's why they did that 48 hour session to just wrap it up with what they had, add the skits to it, & mix it. I could imagine if the album would've came out to Dre's standards, would've been even more of a classic.

i just wish Every single day and Next Episode had made the cut.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »

Yeah. Doggystyle contained some various cuts, but the final album was more a sequel, a "compilation" with a sound too much similar to The Chronic. Chris Taylor mixed a lot of tracks in order to quickly finish the album. What about the tracklist ? "G'z Up, Hoes Down" (sample authorization) or "The Next Episod" (forgotten ?) ... I prefered Tha Dogg Pound album, way better, more polished and actually more original than Snoop debut album.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 05:21:08 AM »

Don't think so. The thing is on snoops latest albums there were alway a bunch of unnecessary filler tracks. But the songs were discussing here are all classic 5/5 snoop doggy dogg death row shit. If you play doggystyle today it alway feels like time is flying, and if you would include more of those classic songs it would still be the same thing. If all the songs on an album are straight, dope 5/5 tracks it might aswell be longer, would be absolutely no problem. Filler songs are something completely different.

Hasn't that got something to do with Snoops fascination with the numbers 18 and 19?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 06:29:52 AM »

yep...can we at least get these at CD quality?

Yeah. Doggystyle contained some various cuts, but the final album was more a sequel, a "compilation" with a sound too much similar to The Chronic. Chris Taylor mixed a lot of tracks in order to quickly finish the album. What about the tracklist ? "G'z Up, Hoes Down" (sample authorization) or "The Next Episod" (forgotten ?) ... I prefered Tha Dogg Pound album, way better, more polished and actually more original than Snoop debut album.

I prefer Dogg Food as well but I can't say its a better album than Doggystyle...Snoop had nothing but 5/5 tracks and The Dogg Pound while longer does have some filler type tracks towards the end...That album could have been better as well with the inclusion of "Don't Stop" and "Started"

WestSideDon

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »
Hasn't that got something to do with Snoops fascination with the numbers 18 and 19?

Actually I believe its also something with the numbers 21-23 or to put it all together the numbers 18-23. Just look at snoops other albums and you will definetely notice it. "Tha Doggfather", "Da Gam...", "Top Dogg", "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment", "Ego Trippin" & "Doggumentary" all had 21 Tracks on the regular versions. ("Paid Tha Cost... also if you include the bonus track) On the deluxe versions there are sometimes 22 or 23 songs on these albums. "Tha Last Meal" had 19 & R&G had 20 (21 on the some special version again). I can't exactly recall if I read it somehwere here or on a different website but it got something to do with snoops neighbourhood in long beach with the names of the different blocks around where he grew up. I think it also got something to do with his gang rollin 20 crips. It's also in many of his lyrics and song titles like "21 Jump Street" for example. Maybe I can find that post/article again....

WestSideDon

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 06:25:31 AM »
Still couldnt find the article but i'll try on.
Anyone here maybe knows something about this ?

WestSideDon

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »

WestSideDon

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »

WestSideDon

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:01 AM »

WestSideDon

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 07:07:10 AM »
Anyone here knows about any more leftover songs or possible leftovers ?