Author Topic: Fact: Suga Free's 'Street Gospel' album contains DJ Quik's greatest production  (Read 1007 times)

BIGWORM

Agreed

bigpimpin20

i rate his production on 220 classic little higher :)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
street gospel and safe & sound.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

donfathaimmortal

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

MOBNigga06

i rate his production on 220 classic little higher :)

I'd agree with you on this. Classic 220 and Street Gospels are both great albums in terms of production, but Classic 220 might be slightly better, because of:

Don't U Hide It
Y?
Pawdy
Up N Da Club
If U Aint Fuckin
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Been listening to Street Gospel heavily the last few days and came to this conclusion.  There are very few albums that have this level of consistency where every joint flows effortlessly into the next, and of course it doesn't hurt that Suga Free can rap over any beat that DJ Quik throws at him.  Also, the mixing and mastering of this album is incredible and is further testament to Quik's ability behind the boards.
I mean, who else can use a chinese harp in a beat and make it sound so damn good? ('I'd Rather Give You My Bitch' for those that don't know).
To each is own. But I think the production on his second lp " the new testament" is far more superior

New Testament has some dope production but a lot of the better tracks weren't actually produced by Quik (ex. High Heels, Pay Me, Get Loose, and a couple others), and I would argue the best tracks on that album weren't produced by Quik. Street Gospel is a better album though IMO.