Author Topic: MTV VMAs 2014: Dr Dre expected to announce and release new album Detox  (Read 2472 times)

Blood$

Re: MTV VMAs 2014: Dr Dre expected to announce and release new album Detox
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
Gucci Mane has been in jail for a year and has dropped 12 albums

all weed plates !!!

they were all digital releases, good luck trying to break up buds on your computer screen  :laugh:
LOL physical or digital nobody's listenin' to his thrown together bullshit.

granted I haven't rocked with them, other people are since he's made a million off itunes sales while incarcerated
prove it !

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/03/gucci-mane-made-1-3-million-dollars-2013/

The amount of projects Gucci Mane has released within a year is staggering. Even while he’s in jail, he’s still planning on release not one but two new projects for Apr. 1. (The Brick Factory Vol. 1, a 1017 Brick Squad compilation album, and Young Thugga Mane LaFlare, a collaborative effort with Young Thug). Ever wonder how Gucci releases so much new material while he’s incarcerated in a Federal Detention Center in Lovejoy, Georgia? Noisey spoke with Ronald “Caveman” Rosario who’s co-executive produced last December’s The State vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings plus is the Director of Urban Music at 101 Distribution and Sean Paine, Gucci’s head audio engineer who Big Guwop plucked up when he was an intern three years ago at Atlanta’s Patchwerk Studios.

Caveman is responsible for getting the independent projects to retailers, making the project available for purchase rather than dropping it on sites like LiveMixtapes. With his help, Big Guwop reportedly made about $1.3 million in 2013 from 12 projects (9 Gucci Mane projects and three 1017 projects). They also go in great detail to explain Gucci’s recording process. Most of the new Gucci material consists of music he previously recorded before he was locked up for gun charges from his Sept. arrest which he could face 20 years for if convicted. Caveman says Gucci was recording about 13 songs a day and they “could drop three albums a year for the next three years and still have enough material for another three years.”

1.3 million off 12 projects is nothin' to be braggin' about. try sellin' that much wit one project then may i'll be impressed..

if you're sitting behind bars, that grants bragging rights... is this a personal thing against Gucci because T.I couldn't do the same when he got knocked and Atlantic tarnished that No Mercy album lol that's so funny how you got all amped up like "PROVE IT" and when the proof came out you had to re-think of another hate method

now I ask the question again: Detox?
hahaha 12 releases and 1.3 million sold is a joke kid no matter what lame excuses you come up wit.. what no mercy sold it took more than half of that 12 to sell just as much. convo over !

No Mercy tanked though, commercially, critically, and in the streets

and now the convo is over, the euros are gonna start getting pissed off because these posts aren't about Dre  8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »
sonned

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 06:03:57 AM »
Gucci Mane has been in jail for a year and has dropped 12 albums

all weed plates !!!

they were all digital releases, good luck trying to break up buds on your computer screen  :laugh:
LOL physical or digital nobody's listenin' to his thrown together bullshit.

granted I haven't rocked with them, other people are since he's made a million off itunes sales while incarcerated
prove it !

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/03/gucci-mane-made-1-3-million-dollars-2013/

The amount of projects Gucci Mane has released within a year is staggering. Even while he’s in jail, he’s still planning on release not one but two new projects for Apr. 1. (The Brick Factory Vol. 1, a 1017 Brick Squad compilation album, and Young Thugga Mane LaFlare, a collaborative effort with Young Thug). Ever wonder how Gucci releases so much new material while he’s incarcerated in a Federal Detention Center in Lovejoy, Georgia? Noisey spoke with Ronald “Caveman” Rosario who’s co-executive produced last December’s The State vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings plus is the Director of Urban Music at 101 Distribution and Sean Paine, Gucci’s head audio engineer who Big Guwop plucked up when he was an intern three years ago at Atlanta’s Patchwerk Studios.

Caveman is responsible for getting the independent projects to retailers, making the project available for purchase rather than dropping it on sites like LiveMixtapes. With his help, Big Guwop reportedly made about $1.3 million in 2013 from 12 projects (9 Gucci Mane projects and three 1017 projects). They also go in great detail to explain Gucci’s recording process. Most of the new Gucci material consists of music he previously recorded before he was locked up for gun charges from his Sept. arrest which he could face 20 years for if convicted. Caveman says Gucci was recording about 13 songs a day and they “could drop three albums a year for the next three years and still have enough material for another three years.”

1.3 million off 12 projects is nothin' to be braggin' about. try sellin' that much wit one project then may i'll be impressed..

if you're sitting behind bars, that grants bragging rights... is this a personal thing against Gucci because T.I couldn't do the same when he got knocked and Atlantic tarnished that No Mercy album lol that's so funny how you got all amped up like "PROVE IT" and when the proof came out you had to re-think of another hate method

now I ask the question again: Detox?
hahaha 12 releases and 1.3 million sold is a joke kid no matter what lame excuses you come up wit.. what no mercy sold it took more than half of that 12 to sell just as much. convo over !

No Mercy tanked though, commercially, critically, and in the streets

and now the convo is over, the euros are gonna start getting pissed off because these posts aren't about Dre  8)
600,000 copies with no hits or strong promo is a failure to you ? what the fuck do you call that shit you was just braggin' about ?  
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
thats decent on a major i guess lol

industry niggas like tip and ross etc arent really bosses they dont own their destiny. niggas scared of losing endorsments and shit these days. gucci shit is RAW

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
I'm just entering this thread to see if Dre made any announcement?  All I see is shit talking, can someone just say simply what went down at the awards
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
I'm just entering this thread to see if Dre made any announcement?  All I see is shit talking, can someone just say simply what went down at the awards

Dr. Dre was nowhere to be found, Detox wasn't mentioned, Gucci won Trapper Of The Year but wasn't present to accept it

Matty

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »
Well, Dre's been in the studio with Xzibit for 2 days now and there was bunch of other cats in last few days too. Something's happening.

:cow: :cow: :cow:

Waits for Matty to log in and say...

the album formerly known as detox, baby :laugh:

things always happen, seems like some stuff will be coming soonish but who knows when. also dre can change the name, whatever makes him feel better about it, but it's still the next dre album/project whatever its called. so it better not be crap, legacy on the line and all that :laugh: for real though dre's that dude, just release that shit 8)

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
the only way Dr. Dre can garner a substantial buzz for Detox or a new project would be to out of nowhere throw out a collaboration between him, 50 and Game... maybe throw in Eminem just to get the extra fan fare but I don't think I'd wanna hear all that

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 04:30:28 PM »
the only way Dr. Dre can garner a substantial buzz for Detox or a new project would be to out of nowhere throw out a collaboration between him, 50 and Game... maybe throw in Eminem just to get the extra fan fare but I don't think I'd wanna hear all that

if he had dropped it when topless leaked he'd be good but fuck it I don't give a fuck about detox.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

me1

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
A way for Dre to protect his legacy (and avoid the shame of not selling a ton of records) is to give the album away for free through an Apple promotion of some kind. Similar to what U2 just did

Matty

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
A way for Dre to protect his legacy (and avoid the shame of not selling a ton of records) is to give the album away for free through an Apple promotion of some kind. Similar to what U2 just did

the legacy is in no way effected by how many copies sold or the profit off a release, it's purely on the quality of the material, artistic merit. dre knows that. to be honest the whole legacy thing is stupid, he'd be an even better artist if he could just get over that. trying to please too many groups of people is never the way.

Blood$

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »

if he had dropped it when topless leaked he'd be good but fuck it I don't give a fuck about detox.

"Topless" was dope

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
Well, Dre's been in the studio with Xzibit for 2 days now and there was bunch of other cats in last few days too. Something's happening.

:cow: :cow: :cow:

Waits for Matty to log in and say...

the album formerly known as detox, baby :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMRo5XCKddQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UMRo5XCKddQ</a>

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »

Dr. Dre was nowhere to be found, Detox wasn't mentioned, Gucci won Trapper Of The Year but wasn't present to accept it

thanks for the run-down.... sounds like more nails in the coffin of hip-hop
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)